PDA

View Full Version : Hanger would have been proud

mike squires
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Last weekend here in Champaign I saw 5 guys with Whitesox hats on, all 83 style. One at the mall, one at Outback and 3 different ones at a bar called Rocks. This may not seem significant but this is Champaign and Sox fans are hard to come by.

kbriley
05-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Never heard of Rocks. Where is it? I will have to visit in my 83 SOX hat next time I am in Urbana.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Hanger, meet Valentine, Olivio, Rowland and Loiza. :)

santo=dorf
05-12-2004, 04:21 PM
I wear some Sox apparel everyday here in Cardinal Country.

thecell
05-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
Hanger, meet Valentine, Olivio, Rowland and Loiza. :)

LMAO

:)

Tekijawa
05-12-2004, 04:35 PM
actually of all the baseball caps I see on the "L" while riding to and from work... I'd have to say that most of them are White Sox. I live about a mile away from Wrigley too... We're growing folks!

fusillirob1983
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Were the guys you saw in Champaign college students? I go to school at U of I and it seems like there's a lot of people on campus that are Sox fans here. It seems pretty evenly split between Sox - Cubs - Cardinals.

soltrain21
05-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Ugh...there are about 10 Sox fans at North Central.

But it is ok, our voices get heard :smile:

woodenleg
05-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
actually of all the baseball caps I see on the "L" while riding to and from work... I'd have to say that most of them are White Sox. I live about a mile away from Wrigley too... We're growing folks!

Yeah...I am noticing a lot more Sox hats in Lake View.

Also, I work at Columbia College, and I see TONS of Sox hats and jackets there...I think they outnumber the people wearing Cub gear.

MRKARNO
05-12-2004, 08:46 PM
I've noticed that over the offseason there was hardly any sox gear to be found around this city, but it's been noticably higher since the season actually started and the Sox started winning.

akingamongstmen
05-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by kbriley
Never heard of Rocks. Where is it? I will have to visit in my 83 SOX hat next time I am in Urbana.

It's in Champaign on the intersection of Springfield and Neil.

SoxBoy14
05-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Ugh...there are about 10 Sox fans at North Central.

But it is ok, our voices get heard :smile:

Do you play football at North Central because I know the coach there, just wondering. I understand that'a a tad off topic.

Realist
05-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
Yeah...I am noticing a lot more Sox hats in Lake View.

Also, I work at Columbia College, and I see TONS of Sox hats and jackets there...I think they outnumber the people wearing Cub gear.

I teach at Columbia College and I tell any students of mine with cub paraphanelia on that they may as well drop the class on day one 'cause they have no chance to pass.

:D:

mike squires
05-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by fusillirob1983
Were the guys you saw in Champaign college students? I go to school at U of I and it seems like there's a lot of people on campus that are Sox fans here. It seems pretty evenly split between Sox - Cubs - Cardinals.

Yeah they looked younger anyway. As far as merchandise...if you go to the Maket place Mall check out a Sox Jerzey at "Lids" It's originaly 175 but it's on sale fr 100. IT's red with black sleeves. It's kind of 83-85 style.

As for Hangars name...I swear I had an A first then went back and changed it.

santo=dorf
05-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Yeah they looked younger anyway. As far as merchandise...if you go to the Maket place Mall check out a Sox Jerzey at "Lids" It's originaly 175 but it's on sale fr 100. IT's red with black sleeves. It's kind of 83-85 style.

As for Hangars name...I swear I had an A first then went back and changed it.

I purchased that at Lids at the Market Place Mall a couple of weeks ago! I debated with myself whether to buy it or not, but I remembered it was a Frank Thomas jersey, so I got it the next day. It is normally $200. I believe certain retailers have exclusive Cooperstown Collection Jerseys.