05-12-2004, 11:38 AM
So I am now losing sleep over this line up and this is what I have come up with

Against RH Pitchers

2b Harris
ss Valentin
rf maggs
dh frank
lf lee
1b uribe (why isn't he there instead of PK already?)
3b crede (for his defense alone he should always be here + hitting better now)
CF Perez
C Olivo/Alomar (depends on our starting pitcher)

Against LH

2b Harris
ss uribe
rf maggs
dh frank
lf lee
1b konerko
3b crede
CF rowand
C Olivo/Alomar (depends on our starting pitcher)

P.S. I am all for replacing PK, rowand or valentin with any decent SP or a solid CF

P.s.s. post 100 :smile:

jabrch
05-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Uribe at 1B? I don't think that's a great idea. I'd rather see Harris in CF, Uribe in 2B, and have Timo and Rowand on the bench.

I understand we need to replace PK at some point, but that should be with a legit 1B, not with a SS.

patbooyah
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
personally- i think we should give frank a chance to play some 1B while konerko (a hem) slumps. Uribe could be the DH and paulie could sit for a bit.

sas1974
05-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Uribe at 1B? I don't think that's a great idea. I'd rather see Harris in CF, Uribe in 2B, and have Timo and Rowand on the bench.

I understand we need to replace PK at some point, but that should be with a legit 1B, not with a SS.

I think it's bad enough to have to waste his cannon playing 2B, not to mention 1B.

WinningUgly!
05-12-2004, 11:50 AM
I'd kinda like to see a regular lineup of...

2B-Uribe
C-Olivo
RF-Ordonez
DH-Thomas
LF-Lee
SS-Valentin
1B-Konerko
3B-Crede
CF-Harris

WinningUgly!
05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by patbooyah
personally- i think we should give frank a chance to play some 1B while konerko (a hem) slumps. Uribe could be the DH and paulie could sit for a bit. I like the idea of Frank getting some PT at 1B, but I'd rather see Valentin DHing.

patbooyah
05-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I like the idea of Frank getting some PT at 1B, but I'd rather see Valentin DHing.

the main thrust was that paulie disappear. so i support your idea, as i support hawk's campaign for president.

gosox3072
05-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I'd kinda like to see a regular lineup of...

2B-Uribe
C-Olivo
RF-Ordonez
DH-Thomas
LF-Lee
SS-Valentin
1B-Konerko
3B-Crede
CF-Harris

Were gonna have a guy batting .327 batting 9th? I like this lineup if u switch wee wee with miggy.

SEALgep
05-12-2004, 02:08 PM
If anybody is going to replace PK, it will be Gload, not Uribe.

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 02:14 PM
I like the idea of trading Konerko for a bucket of sunflower seeds...

Used or not.

Hondo
05-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Uribe is too good a middle infielder to be playing first base.

Harris-2B
Lee-LF
Ordonez-RF
Thomas-DH
Uribe-SS
Valentin-1B
Crede-3B
REED-CF
Olivo-C

bobj4400
05-12-2004, 03:42 PM
What it does look like for tonight is this:

Harris
Valentin
Maggs
Thomas
Lee
Gload
Uribe
Perez
Olivo

Randar68
05-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
What it does look like for tonight is this:

Harris
Valentin
Maggs
Thomas
Lee
Gload
Uribe
Perez
Olivo

Konerko sitting 2 in a row????

DAMN!

Hondo
05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Am I reading too much into this or could there be something brewing tradewise with Paulie sitting two games in a row?

Or is this Jerry pushing his anti-union agenda again?

Frater Perdurabo
05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
To what extent has Uribe benefited from batting just ahead of Maggs for the majority of the season so far? Do we really want to mess with success? Also, shouldn't Uribe and Harris be kept in the lineup in the spots where they have been hot? Shouldn't Ozzie try to ride out their hot streaks?

What's really holding back the lineup is the bottom half, especially Lee and Konerko. As has been analyzed in another thread, Lee actually is taking walks at a pretty good rate. But Konerko has been brutal. How about putting Frank at 1B and Valentin at DH? Frank historically has hit best at 1B. Valentin can't make errors at DH. Gload can spell Frank at 1B and Valentin can fill in for Uribe and Harris as needed.

The other hole is CF. Get Rowand out of there. Bring up Reed. No, he does not project to be the long-term answer in CF, but he is the best option for CF the Sox have who is close to being MLB-ready.

Harris 2B
Uribe SS
Maggs RF
Frank 1B
Lee LF
Valentin DH
Crede 3B
Olivo C
Reed CF

batmanZoSo
05-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Uribe plays every day. Jose only hits righties. Harris in center field against righties, at second against lefties...that way he plays just about every day. Sometimes, you let Rowand face righties...I don't like the idea of either of them spending too much time in center.

vs RHP

Harris CF
Uribe 2B
Ordonez RF
Thomas DH
Lee
Konerko
Valentin SS
Crede
Olivo

vs LHP

Harris 2B
Uribe SS
Ordonez
Thomas 1B
Lee
Konerko DH
Crede
Rowand CF
Olivo

Thomas hits best when fielding and facing a lefty. This makes too much sense.

Give Gload DH, 1B, or LF when Lee or Konerko need a mental day-off.

The Big Squirt
05-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
To what extent has Uribe benefited from batting just ahead of Maggs for the majority of the season so far? Do we really want to mess with success? Also, shouldn't Uribe and Harris be kept in the lineup in the spots where they have been hot? Shouldn't Ozzie try to ride out their hot streaks?

What's really holding back the lineup is the bottom half, especially Lee and Konerko. As has been analyzed in another thread, Lee actually is taking walks at a pretty good rate. But Konerko has been brutal. How about putting Frank at 1B and Valentin at DH? Frank historically has hit best at 1B. Valentin can't make errors at DH. Gload can spell Frank at 1B and Valentin can fill in for Uribe and Harris as needed.

The other hole is CF. Get Rowand out of there. Bring up Reed. No, he does not project to be the long-term answer in CF, but he is the best option for CF the Sox have who is close to being MLB-ready.

Harris 2B
Uribe SS
Maggs RF
Frank 1B
Lee LF
Valentin DH
Crede 3B
Olivo C
Reed CF

I kind of dig this idea. Wha is wrong with Thomas and Konerko splitting time at 1b and When Thomas is at first Valentin is DH? Otherwise Valentin works time in as our infield utility guy.

jordan23ventura
05-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Am I reading too much into this or could there be something brewing tradewise with Paulie sitting two games in a row?

Or is this Jerry pushing his anti-union agenda again?

Nobody wants Paulie. Face it, he's stuck here unless JR wants to eat that contract.