PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts 5/12/04

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Sorry hangar, but the title for this kind of thread is great. Unfortunatley what i have to share with you guys is not so good. After listening to an awesome white sox victory i went across the streat to have a few cold ones. When i walk in i notice a man fully decked out in white sox gear, official hat, jacket. Something only a true fan would spend dough on, right? I order my drink and walk up to the guy and his date say hi and go "one helluva" game. He seems pretty excited to meet a chicago fan in cheesehead land and then says "Man baseball is too slow for me lately....by the way what place are the sox in? I don't follow them too much." That kinda let me down since he prolly spent $200 on the stuff he was wearing. And i had to painfully tell him that the sox were in first. ....just dissapointing to me a random sox fan that was a clueless as a stone

DaveIsHere
05-12-2004, 11:30 AM
What a plug, maybe he was being Sarcastic?

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
What a plug, maybe he was being Sarcastic?

I don't think so. Because as soon as i mentioned the sox and how they were doing he tried to start up a bears conversation. I told him yeah go bears boo packers whatever. There was that clueless look in his eyes too, the look you usually see in the eyes of fans of the Orphans

daveeym
05-12-2004, 11:45 AM
If he was that removed and decked out in gear at the same time and you found him in a bar (and by your man comment I'm guessing quite a bit older than you) I'd chalk it up to an alcoholic that has bigger concerns than the sox.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
that and the chick he was with was a dog

Hangar18
05-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Walked into a bar near my house after the game........Noticed 4 other SOX fans there, nice to see. Ordering a drink, the bartender asked me how the game was, heard it was great etc, and as we chatted, a guy next to me with an English accent,
asked me (and said he was only curious and wasnt taking a side) why Sox Fans and Cub Fans dont get along. We drank and I talked his ear off for an hour, detailing Reinsdorfs Follies and the Medias Sudden love affair with the cubs in the early 80's.
Explained all the bad things hes heard about SOX, are because of Media Conflict-of-Interest, to which a Light Bulb went off in his head. He said he did note a more "of a party atmosphere, blokes having more fun than anything else". He admitted he learned MORE FROM ME in 1 hour than by reading any newspaper
the last 4 yrs ............

quade36
05-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Maybe Cubdom is rubbing off, maybe we will soon have Soxdom.... :o: