PDA

View Full Version : schoeneweis

illiniwhitesox
05-12-2004, 09:46 AM
So far, I feel he's been very impressive. You also can't discount the fact that he's a lefty, and with Buehrle, we have the opportunity to have two solid lefties in our rotation.

Question is - do you think he has the stuff to keep up the type of performance he has had year-to-date?

DaveIsHere
05-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I think he can keep it up, he isn't lights out, but he throws strikes which is all you can ask. DId anyone hear about the talk they has with the pitchers yesterday, and the Buerhle went out and threw a 4-hit shutout....I love talks

SSN721
05-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
I think he can keep it up, he isn't lights out, but he throws strikes which is all you can ask. DId anyone hear about the talk they has with the pitchers yesterday, and the Buerhle went out and threw a 4-hit shutout....I love talks

Talks are good, perhaps that should talk more often. :)

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah talks are good. But i think schoe will be just fine. I haven't seen all of his outings (or have how he pitched in certain situations memorized) but he looked calm and seemed to have good control and pressence.

I'm sorry i every joined Schoe's Foes!
But i will join Shoe's Bro's

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by illiniwhitesox
So far, I feel he's been very impressive. You also can't discount the fact that he's a lefty, and with Buehrle, we have the opportunity to have two solid lefties in our rotation.

Question is - do you think he has the stuff to keep up the type of performance he has had year-to-date?

He's like a Kenny Rogers. He's a great lefty to have 3-4 in the rotation, only he's younger. I think he'll end up like 13-9. You can't ask for anything more out of your fourth starter. He's only like 30, he could be a valuable member of the rotation for 3 or 4 years.

HITMEN OF 77
05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
And at the start of te seaosn wasn't him and Danny Wright battling for the 4th and 5th spots? Now SS could be our #3 guy and Garland #4.

bestkosher
05-12-2004, 12:36 PM
in german

schoen weis means

good and white

The_Floridian
05-12-2004, 04:43 PM
During Spring Training, I was referring to Scott Schoenweis as "Sexual Chocolate", cause I kept remembering that scene in Coming to America where the band Sexual Chocolate is laying down the lamest groove in history for Mr. Randy Watson...

There was Schoenweis, giving up 47,000 runs per inning all spring and Ozzie and KW are standin there after every outing..."Give it up for Scott Schoenweis! He throws so fine! Don't you agree? Man that boy can pitch!"

But whatever he was working on all spring worked. The man is about as good as you could ask for in a 4th starter, probably a little better. He's a veteran and I think he'll be able to keep up the pace all year, if for no other reason than experience.