PDA

View Full Version : What the Buehrle Mon said

Railsplitter
05-12-2004, 08:29 AM
According to todays Daily Hearld, Mark Buehrle said he didn't have his best stuff last night. "Everything was hit at somebody" is the way he put it.

Palehose13
05-12-2004, 08:43 AM
There were some hard hit balls by the O's, but I think he also made some good pitches. It's nice to see that he is being modest.

sas1974
05-12-2004, 08:48 AM
I though this was a pretty good quote by Mark as well:
''I was kind of joking around before the game. I came in and told the guys, 'I need eight [runs] today,''' Buehrle said. ''In the bullpen, I didn't feel too good. Sometimes you don't do that well in the pen, but you go out and have a great game. I asked for eight, and they doubled it. I kind of needed one of these games where I didn't give up a lot of hits out there.''

npdempse
05-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
According to todays Daily Hearld, Mark Buehrle said he didn't have his best stuff last night. "Everything was hit at somebody" is the way he put it.

The O's definitely hit some hard shots "where they were" last night. E.g., that bounding catch by Carlos--DJ says to Hawk "Looks like ballet." But guys were also busting ass to make those plays.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 10:07 AM

It seems like pitcher never have their best stuff, maybe twice a year. I think he did, particularly that strike out breaking ball in the dirt to end the first. Just because you give up a few hits and a few liner outs doesn't mean you're not on your game. He was.

In the bigger picture, let's hope this starts his big hot streak...it happens every year at some point. Get you're third win against the Twins.

jabrch
05-12-2004, 10:36 AM

He should be complimenting his D a bit more than that. There were great plays made all over the field, including Carlos, Magglio, Uribe, Manos, etc.

gosox3072
05-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Aaron Rowand also made a very nice grab in the 8th (or 9th, i cant remember the inning) THis was after mark was gone, but i think we can actally list our D as a strong point unlike last year

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 02:21 PM
I definitely am not sure on this...but I believe everyones favorite Flubbie...Greg Maddox...said that pitchers only have their best stuff 20% of the time. 1 out of every 5 starts. I think. Don't quote me.

RedPinStripes
05-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I dont ever recall Mark EVER saying he had good stuff. He always says he's off a little or he'd like to do better.

kevingrt
05-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I dont ever recall Mark EVER saying he had good stuff. He always says he's off a little or he'd like to do better.

Totally agree with you on that! I wonder if he ever will say he has his good stuff or has ever had his good stuff

Whitesox029
05-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Modesty at its best. This is the one quality I value most in other people in general. Mark just moved up a few notches in my book.

Kadafi311
05-12-2004, 08:08 PM
He's a trooper, a class act, and a pretty darn good pitcher to boot.

kennyv
05-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Let's see... 15 to zip... I would say he and the team did pretty good :cool:

OEO Magglio
05-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
He should be complimenting his D a bit more than that. There were great plays made all over the field, including Carlos, Magglio, Uribe, Manos, etc.
Well it's about time his defense has made some plays around him, he's had some of the worst defense behind him for the last two seasons.