PDA

View Full Version : J. Reed

CyYoung5621
05-12-2004, 08:28 AM
When is the earliest we could expect him to be called up?

35th & Shields
05-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Possibly sooner that most of us expected. If Rowand continues to struggle at the plate Reed could be called up by the All Star game.

I think Reed will definitely get some playing time with the White Sox this season.

bigdommer
05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
With so many picks early in this year's draft, plus with the plethora of outfielders throughout the Sox farm system, it makes no sense to hold off on Reed. It doesn't seem like there is much more for him to accomplish in the minors.

The Sox have Reed and Borchard in AAA, and Ryan Sweeney and Brian Anderson down in A ball. Rumor is that the Sox want to wait to bring up Reed to save money in the long run, but with the depth they have, and with all the picks they have this year, they can afford to bring up Reed when they need him.

That being said, I expect Reed up in late June.

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I agree. Mid-June sounds about right. Rowand is due for a hot streak here...so it could be a little later than expected.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Rowand is due for a hot streak here...

LOL! The FOC have been saying that for 2 years now.

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut, Randar. I know you have a personal vendetta against him, but he did hit .400 after August 1st last year (or whatever). The longer Ozzie trots him out there, the greater the chance.

I am not saying its going to be prolonged, but you got to think he is a .275 hitter, and he is hitting .230 (or whatever). He is going to get on a little streak eventually, no matter how "bad" he is.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut, Randar. I know you have a personal vendetta against him, but he did hit .400 after August 1st last year (or whatever).

My vendetta is with the FOC, not Crash himself. Unfortunately, after 100's of posts on the matter, you still have a complete lack of understanding of my position.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 02:10 PM
I am not saying its going to be prolonged, but you got to think he is a .275 hitter, and he is hitting .230 (or whatever). He is going to get on a little streak eventually, no matter how "bad" he is.

Not if they keep getting ahead of him in the count and then throw him breaking stuff...

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 02:13 PM
My vendetta is with the FOC, not Crash himself. Unfortunately, after 100's of posts on the matter, you still have a complete lack of understanding of my position.

No, I got it. I don't think he is a starter either...he is a really good 4th outfielder to have...I understand. Although you say your vendetta is just against the FOC, I think there is some hatred toward Crash for some reason... :smile:

Randar68
05-12-2004, 02:13 PM
I think there is some hatred toward Crash for some reason...

I hope you don't get paid to "think."

delben91
05-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Not if they keep getting ahead of him in the count and then throw him breaking stuff...

Law of large numbers randar, they have to hang one every once in a while.

That said, put me on the J. Reed bandwagon, I've been anti-FOC for about as long as anyone around here.

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I hope you don't get paid to "think."

That is why there was a smile after the post, it was a joke. That is the third time you have taken something seriously...after you told two people they need to lighten up.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 02:17 PM
That is why there was a smile after the post, it was a joke. That is the third time you have taken something seriously...after you told two people they need to lighten up.

Sorry, didn't catch it. I'm used to people using teal. People put smiley's in there when they are joking and NOT joking, so TIFWIW.

lowesox
05-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut, Randar. I know you have a personal vendetta against him, but he did hit .400 after August 1st last year (or whatever). The longer Ozzie trots him out there, the greater the chance.

The thing with Rowand is, he's a very, very streaky player. Personally, I think that explains the FOC and all the Rowand haters. He got hot last year, just like he got hot early in spring training. If we keep him around long enough he'll get hot again. The question is, do we want to keep a player around who's so hot and cold? I don't know.

I'm up for getting Reed up soon, because I want KW and Co. to have plenty of time to assess our strengths and weaknesses before the trade deadline.

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
The thing with Rowand is, he's a very, very streaky player. Personally, I think that explains the FOC and all the Rowand haters. He got hot last year, just like he got hot early in spring training. If we keep him around long enough he'll get hot again. The question is, do we want to keep a player around who's so hot and cold? I don't know.

I'm up for getting Reed up soon, because I want KW and Co. to have plenty of time to assess our strengths and weaknesses before the trade deadline.

I've had it with Rowand, as we have such a perfect replacement in AAA right now. To not call him up to extend his time until arbitration is just downright retarded.

As I said before, we have too many streaky hitters. Konerko, Lee Rowand Valentin and Crede's slumps are 3-40. Reed gets in a slump it's 1-9.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

LOL! I agree with lowesox today too!!!

AARGGGHHHHH!!!! My whole world is spinning!!!!!! :(:

Konerko's streakiness is enough for a whole team, too...

:)

jeremyb1
05-12-2004, 03:42 PM

Or since the second half of last season when he hit .370/.388/.609.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Or since the second half of last season when he hit .370/.388/.609.

Oh, jeremy. Funny how you can hide small sample size when you find it convenient... Rowand was a part-time player at best.

Nothing quite like consistency, is there?

You and Aaron are perfect for each other.

TaylorStSox
05-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Why does "sample size" appear in every one of Jeremyb's posts? :?:

Frater Perdurabo
05-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Let's ride Harris' hot streak by putting him in CF until he cools off, allowing Uribe and Valentin to play every day as well. If and when that Harris cools off, bring up Reed to play CF. Rowand has had his opportunity and squandered it. It's time to cut bait with Rowand. He's done.