PDA

View Full Version : Crede

jabrch
05-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Didn't see an existing thread on this

Why wasn't Joe in the lineup last night? I know he hasn't been hitting for average, but he has been driving the ball. It would be strange to give him a day off after an off day. Is he hurt at all or is Ozzie just giving him one more day to rest against a somewhat decent (prior to last night) right hander?

WWIII
05-12-2004, 09:50 AM
My guess is that Oz wanted to play Jose, which meant not playing Uribe at SS. He probably did not want to take out Willie since he has been so hot, so no 2B for Uribe either. Joe has been doing well in his own right, but not to the level of Uribe, so Joe sits. Just a guess though.

sas1974
05-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by WWIII
My guess is that Oz wanted to play Jose, which meant not playing Uribe at SS. He probably did not want to take out Willie since he has been so hot, so no 2B for Uribe either. Joe has been doing well in his own right, but not to the level of Uribe, so Joe sits. Just a guess though.

Seems about right to me. I think Ozzie was just going with the hot bats and letting Jose play against a right-hander. I prefer Joe at third, but did anyone see that laser Uribe tossed across the infield when he was charging in, crow-hopped and fired in the the first (I think)?

DaveIsHere
05-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
Seems about right to me. I think Ozzie was just going with the hot bats and letting Jose play against a right-hander. I prefer Joe at third, but did anyone see that laser Uribe tossed across the infield when he was charging in, crow-hopped and fired in the the first (I think)?

Yeah I saw that throw by Uribe, I was like holy crap!!! It was a laser and plus it wasnt a crede throw to the home plate side of first.

jabrch
05-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah - great play. I just hope that Ozzie is thinking about getting Harris out in CF. i like Timo as a role player. Rowand could be a serviceable 4th OF. But Harris should be playing every day, along with Uribe, Manos and Crede.

sas1974
05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
I am personally a fan of Jose and what he brings to the table every night, but I wish there was someway to keep Uribe at short. That arm is too good to be wasted at 2nd. Maybe next year is guess. Although I also have feeling we haven't seen the last of Jose's hammy troubles this year.

bigdommer
05-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I was upset when I saw that Crede was not in the lineup, but, I must say, Ozzie has proved me wrong again.

Harris and Manos had great games, and Uribe had a pretty decent game and showed that he has an absolute CANNON!

I think Ozzie will continue to rotate guys depending on who is hot and matchups and such. For example, I see him sitting Willie or Manos against lefties every now and then. Also, the Sox are prepared to adjust if they are hit by another injury bug.

I don't know why, but for some reason, I have faith in Ozzie.