PDA

View Full Version : At the Cell Tonight...........

joeynach
05-12-2004, 01:27 AM
I was at the game tonite and man i had the best time ever. Not only was it the nest baseball experience of my life but an employee suggested to me what Mr. Boyer's big news could be.

First off i was planning on just goin for half price night. One of our friends called an said we could have his 5 tickets and parking pass to tonights game. So i gathered some buddys and off we went. Sec 134 right behind home row 12, amazing, all for free. What a great lower deck we have. Then the man in front of me had like 3 kids with him and said something to his kids about going up to the stadium club. We were impressed but after 5 innings of his kids throwing penuts, being covered in cotton candy and ice cream, and begging for candy he had had enough. So he offered us his stadium club passes for free. Awsome. So of course we took them. Went up there to the bar/lounge part and watched the end of the game from there. Simply amazing, feeling like royalty up there and stays open for an hour past the game. For a poor college kid like me this was the best ever. Plus we absolutly murdered the O's, the stadium looked amazing, and the place was electric.

My point on Mr. Boyers big announcement was something the bartender in the stadium club said to me. I was talking to him about the game and the changes to the stadium and such and i made a reference to Mr. Boyer and his big upcoming announcement. The bar keep said to me he had heard that it concerns the changes made to the park for phase 5. He heard that they were going to switch to green seats and he said that they were going to extend to stadium club (the lower part) more out over the right field seats and make a patio/restuarant. Not sure if that for stadium club only. He also told me the plan was to build the Home Run Porch in left to where it reach about the hieght and distance as the beginning of the UD now. He said the Home Run Porch would have an outdoor restaurnat as the 1st few rows and the rest of them as regular seating. Very interesting indeed, but its creadability is merely a guess.

skobabe8
05-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Sounds awesome dude! Good investigative work, though I have no idea how they're going to pull that off!

joeynach
05-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by skobabe8
Sounds awesome dude! Good investigative work, though I have no idea how they're going to pull that off!

I took a lot of pics from tonights game i will post them. I got the stadium, the new outfield wall, our seats, the fan deck, the stadium club.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Man awesome job, schmoozing is the best way to get info. It sounds credible to me since that was rather detailed information. Why would he make up any of those details, let alone all 3?

I hope that goes through. Glad you had a great time!!!

SSN721
05-12-2004, 06:11 AM
THat sounds fantastic to me if it is true. It might not all be in the plans but I find it hard to beleive also that he made all of that up. I have no problem with no green seats if we get the rest of that. Would that be feasible in the offseason to make all those changes? Seems like a lot of work. Too bad there is no Grand Entrance but the rest of it sounds great. :D:

MarqSox
05-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Bleh, sounds awful, if I'm picturing it right.

To extend the Stadium Club any significant amount, they would need some pillars on the lower deck. No thanks. Not to mention, unless they changed the admission policy to the restaurant itself, that would only affect the wealthiest fans.

A home run porch in left that extends all the way to the field? They'd have to wipe out probably about a thousand seats to make that happen -- a thousand of some of the best seats in the park, to add standing room only? Huh?

As for the green seats, as I've said before, BFD.

Sorry for the negative vibes, I just don't envision Phase V being worth it, if indeed this happens.

dickallen15
05-12-2004, 07:48 AM
I don't think its feasible to build the "home run porch" in LF. It would block the view of most of the field to the people in the club level, upper deck, and terrace suites down the left field line.

BeerHandle
05-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by joeynach

My point on Mr. Boyers big announcement was something the bartender in the stadium club said to me. I was talking to him about the game and the changes to the stadium and such and i made a reference to Mr. Boyer and his big upcoming announcement. The bar keep said to me he had heard that it concerns the changes made to the park for phase 5. He heard that they were going to switch to green seats and he said that they were going to extend to stadium club (the lower part) more out over the right field seats and make a patio/restuarant. Not sure if that for stadium club only. He also told me the plan was to build the Home Run Porch in left to where it reach about the hieght and distance as the beginning of the UD now. He said the Home Run Porch would have an outdoor restaurnat as the 1st few rows and the rest of them as regular seating. Very interesting indeed, but its creadability is merely a guess.

Now that is some good info. I like the ideas! However, I talked wth ISFA and they said that the Phase V annoucement would not come until late summer. They did say that one portion of Phase V is further along. This lead me to believe that this was the annoucement. GREEN SEATS!

dpbyron
05-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Sorry for the negative vibes, I just don't envision Phase V being worth it, if indeed this happens.

Negativity? On this site? I can't believe it!

sas1974
05-12-2004, 08:43 AM
I just hope they put those damn green seats in so that I won't have to see another stupid thread about them. But then what will the green seat people complain about? Hmmm...I am sure they will find something.

soxnut
05-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
I just hope they put those damn green seats in so that I won't have to see another stupid thread about them. But then what will the green seat people complain about? Hmmm...I am sure they will find something.

Hey I love the ideas. And as for green seat people---I am one of them. But, I am not a complainer, it's just that green looks better. I am probably one of the few non-complainers on this site.

SpringfldFan
05-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Well, obviously the complaints will be about what shade of green the seats wind up being. Some will say it looks too much like Wrigley's green, or some will say it isn't the same shade as old comiskey's, yada yada yada.

sas1974
05-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Hey I love the ideas. And as for green seat people---I am one of them. But, I am not a complainer, it's just that green looks better. I am probably one of the few non-complainers on this site.

I have noticed that you're not a complainer and I think they would look nicer than the blue as well. I just don't care all that much about what color the seats are going to be.

As for the other ideas mentioned, they sound pretty exciting. I will be very interested in seeing some renditions of these concepts. I know there was that one mysterious right field home run porch pic on the HKS website and I thought that looked pretty cool.

EDIT: In my haste to squash another green seat thread, I almost forget to thank Joeynach for the info. That's a nice score.

Jerko
05-12-2004, 09:12 AM
As long as they build BATHROOMS with all these new amenities they sound nice. If they're gonna just build platforms and call them "porches" and let 10000 people just stand there all the time, well they can keep it then. I kinda like the park how it is now; we don't need a mini-wrigleyville OUTSIDE the Cell, let alone inside of it.

sas1974
05-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
As long as they build BATHROOMS with all these new amenities they sound nice. If they're gonna just build platforms and call them "porches" and let 10000 people just stand there all the time, well they can keep it then. I kinda like the park how it is now; we don't need a mini-wrigleyville OUTSIDE the Cell, let alone inside of it.

Bathrooms?!? Just "hold it" all game and piss on the lawns and alleys in the neighborhood on your way home. :D:

soxnut
05-12-2004, 09:30 AM

Dude, if that's what will bring the casual fan to the game($$$$), then let it be done.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 09:53 AM

That's exactly what I've posted they should do in the past. Bring the RF upper deck around the pole and put the home run porch in left.

Someone's watching...

Jerko
05-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
Bathrooms?!? Just "hold it" all game and piss on the lawns and alleys in the neighborhood on your way home. :D:

Oh yeah, I forgot that's what all good fans do! It's called "giving back" to the neighborhood.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox

A home run porch in left that extends all the way to the field? They'd have to wipe out probably about a thousand seats to make that happen -- a thousand of some of the best seats in the park, to add standing room only? Huh?

The home run porch would be additional seating, like the thing they have at rangers park. maybe that restaraunt thing would be more open but for the most part it's more seats. Something like that can be built with a minimum footprint on the lowerdeck as well. At the most maybe 50-100 seats would be affected in the bleachers.

Originally posted by dickallen15
I don't think its feasible to build the "home run porch" in LF. It would block the view of most of the field to the people in the club level, upper deck, and terrace suites down the left field line.

How would this be? people in those sections are looking towards the field, how would something above the left field bleachers obstruct view? Block the view of the dan ryan maybe.

Randar68
05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
Man awesome job, schmoozing is the best way to get info. It sounds credible to me since that was rather detailed information. Why would he make up any of those details, let alone all 3?

I hope that goes through. Glad you had a great time!!!

If every bartender in the place knew the details, they'd be all over in the media and here.

Possible, but like every other rumor, gotta take it with a grain of salt...

Jerko
05-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Dude, if that's what will bring the casual fan to the game($$$$), then let it be done.

I agree with your premise there soxnut, but to me:

casual fan = wave starting, home run throwbacking, drunk, fight seeking, cell phone talking, not caring who is playing let alone winning, troublemaking, mindless moron who makes the games unenjoyable for those of us who are trying to watch.

I'd rather see less of them actually. Hopefully, old and new SOX fans come back to the games and the casual fan can go scratch his ass at Clark and Addison for all I care. I DO see what you're sayin though; it would be nice $$$-wise but don't forget, most casual fans only come out on half price night anyway and the only $$$ they spend is on beer.

soxnut
05-12-2004, 02:58 PM

casual fan = wave starting, home run throwbacking, drunk, fight seeking, cell phone talking, not caring who is playing let alone winning, troublemaking, mindless moron who makes the games unenjoyable for those of us who are trying to watch.

I'd rather see less of them actually. Hopefully, old and new SOX fans come back to the games and the casual fan can go scratch his ass at Clark and Addison for all I care. I DO see what you're sayin though; it would be nice $$$-wise but don't forget, most casual fans only come out on half price night anyway and the only $$$ they spend is on beer.

I think you're stereotyping a little bit, although I'm sure that stuff is going to happen, but I think anytime there is a big crowd, there is that possibility. I have friends who are casual baseball fans and they don't act like that.

Also, I'm sure there are Sox fans that talk on there cellphones during the game unfortunately. I hate cell phones btw, but they do come in handy, I just wish people would stop talking on those things anyway.

OurBitchinMinny
05-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Honestly who gives a crap what color the seats are. They still will look empty

soxnut
05-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Honestly who gives a crap what color the seats are. They still will look empty

I do. I'm a visually stimulated person, so there's an anwer for ya.

chisox06
05-12-2004, 03:43 PM

I agree but casual fans are important to any sports team. Diehards like us (well except the ones that wont go because of ownership, ticket prices blah blah blah cry me a river) are going to be there anyways, its the casual fan that sports teams have to market to, because thats where you get your additional revenue. Hell the entire minor league system is based on the casual fan, that goes for A-AAA baseball and any other minor league affiliate to a pro sport. Thats why at minor league parks you get more of a party/family fun atmosphere and a less concentration on the game because the vast majority of the people dont really care about the team or the game (Wrigley included).

The more casual fans the better, as long as they dont bother me when Im trying to pay attention to the game. Although Wrigley does appall me because that whole place is a 40,000 frat party, about the last place in the world I would want to watch a game. the ball game at Wrigley is like a juke box in a bar, yea its on but is anyone really listening??

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM

was that you that called during raindelay theater?

joeynach
05-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
was that you that called during raindelay theater?

yes sir it was

TheBull19
05-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Obviously they're going to put in green seats or else they wouldn't have made the walls green. As for casual fans and drunkeness - wuzza? That's what going to the games about - baseball, beers, and brats. Man, what's happened to America?