PDA

View Full Version : Largest Margin of Victory With Shutout!


BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Did anyone hear Hawk say that in White Sox history that the 15-0 victory was the largest margin of victory with a shutout? I find it hard to believe, but then again I'm not a historian of baseball statistics of this nature.

Can anyone confirm?

WhiteSox = Life
05-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes, it tied the largest for the Sox at home. The last time they won 15-0 was against the Yankees in 1907. I don't remember the date, but I remember...

:hawk
"19-aught-7."

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Yes, it tied the largest for the Sox at home. The last time they won 15-0 was against the Yankees in 1907. I don't remember the date, but I remember...

:hawk
"19-aught-7."

You must be an Old Timer! Thanks!

StockdaleForVeep
05-12-2004, 02:01 AM
does anyone know the record for most runs with a shutout in baseball history period? If 15-0 is a sox record, im terrified to think what mlb record may be, why do i feel it has somethin to do with the Yankees, all baseball history deals with them..

GRRR U STEINBRENNER

elrod
05-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Didn't we lose 19-0 to the Angels a couple years ago?

StockdaleForVeep
05-12-2004, 02:16 AM
if we did, it was a memory so tragic i have destroyed that section of my memory. Similar to the 1-2 week gap 2 seasons ago when the sox took a trip to the AL shredder, aka the AL west.

CLR01
05-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by elrod
Didn't we lose 19-0 to the Angels a couple years ago?


Yes, May 10th 2002 in Anaheim

StockdaleForVeep
05-12-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Yes, May 10th 2002 in Anaheim


There was a 2002? What else have i forgotten!?!?!

inta
05-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by elrod
Didn't we lose 19-0 to the Angels a couple years ago?


thanks captain bringdown!

TDog
05-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
does anyone know the record for most runs with a shutout in baseball history period? If 15-0 is a sox record, im terrified to think what mlb record may be, why do i feel it has somethin to do with the Yankees, all baseball history deals with them..

GRRR U STEINBRENNER


At the risk of talking Cubs in the Clubhouse ...


The Cubs some years ago fell to the Pittsburgh Pirates by the score of 22-0. I haven't heard of a more lopsided shutout since.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 11:00 AM
That's a good solid record on our part. When you get up by 8 or 9 runs you stop playing 100% and do things like take out a pitcher who's throwing a 2 hitter. Then you give up a few runs. It's not easy to blow a team out and shut them out at the same time. Every once in a while the heavens part. Then the day after, then the day after...