PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds & Boston Gammons - O's happier then Sox

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 10:31 PM
On baseball tonight, Boston Gammons and H.D. Reynolds believe the O's should be happier where they are then the Sox. Are you kidding me? The O's spent all this money and have a winning percentage below the Sox.

Only the Beer Drinker Side Kick said the Sox should be happier where they are at this point of the season.

The baseball tonight crew is pathetic!!!!! Anyone else second that?

soltrain21
05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Bet they aren't very happy tonight...BAZING!

Seriously though, what a ridiculious claim. Sox are in the first, O's aren't.

illinibk
05-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't put much stock into what they say. The only team that Gammons knows about that is actually away from the eastern seaboard is the scrubs

cheeses_h_rice
05-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Asinine.

Do these guys know who else plays in the O's division?

Dub25
05-11-2004, 10:44 PM
O's should be happy where they're at??? Gimmie a break. They spent millions to finish be Boston and New york again. 2 years from now that smoke you already see coming from Baltimore will turn into a fire sale. Also, I'm glad they can't Ponson instead of us.

cubhater
05-11-2004, 10:45 PM
I can care less about these guys' opinions. I only watch for the highlights.

And I'm sure the O's are happier in the AL East instead of the Central.

Dub25
05-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Signed Ponson instead of us. I'm so outraged by this crap I can't even type.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
O's should be happy where they're at??? Gimmie a break. They spent millions to finish be Boston and New york again. 2 years from now that smoke you already see coming from Baltimore will turn into a fire sale. Also, I'm glad they can't Ponson instead of us.

Spent millons-that is exactly what H.D. Reynolds said about Baltimore and that they should be happy where they are. Give me a break. We didn't spend millions in the off-season, are in first place and have a better record then the O's!

Dub25
05-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Spent millons-that is exactly what H.D. Reynolds said about Baltimore and that they should be happy where they are. Give me a break. We didn't spend millions in the off-season, are in first place and have a better record then the O's!

Don't know if you listen to Boers and Bernstein but I agree with Boers when he says the O's will be looking up the Jays' heinies. According to my calculator that would be spending millions to finish 4th.

dickallen15
05-11-2004, 11:11 PM
On baseball tonight, Boston Gammons and H.D. Reynolds believe the O's should be happier where they are then the Sox. Are you kidding me? The O's spent all this money and have a winning percentage below the Sox.

Only the Beer Drinker Side Kick said the Sox should be happier where they are at this point of the season.

Is that the same Harold Reynolds who said the Sox would finish in 4th place? The same Peter Gammons who said the Sox would finish in 3rd? Don't listen to them, they have no idea what their talking about.

Nard
05-11-2004, 11:16 PM
This is why I only watch ESPN News:

NO ANALYSIS

Who really cares about what these fools have to say?

The only analyses I care about are by Sir Charles, Kenny, Ernie, and Magic on Inside the NBA.

FarWestChicago
05-11-2004, 11:22 PM
The baseball tonight crew is pathetic!!!!! Anyone else second that? Why do you watch those idiots? I stopped a couple years ago.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Why do you watch those idiots? I stopped a couple years ago.

I'm not a fan and don't watch them regularly; however, they are good for up to the score action. When Buerhle pitches in the Central Time Zone you are guaranteed it will be a quick game; therefore, you can flip between the post game and baseball tonight.

bigdommer
05-11-2004, 11:39 PM
I love John Kruk, but....

...I don't trust analysis from someone who used to wear a mullet (Kruk), someone who couldn't play in today's league (Reynolds), and someone who is going to drop dead one night on the set (Gammons).

Two average players and a writer. No stars. No managers. I respected Bobby Valentine, but these guys are a bunch of hacks.

I still love Kruk though.

WinningUgly!
05-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bigdommer
I love John Kruk, but....

...I don't trust analysis from someone who used to wear a mullet (Kruk), someone who couldn't play in today's league (Reynolds), and someone who is going to drop dead one night on the set (Gammons).

Now, that might be reason enough to keep watching.http://www.kissonline.com/bbs/images/icons/gene.gif

santo=dorf
05-12-2004, 01:09 AM
This ESPN bias against us is getting ridiculous. I just watched the 11:30 edition of BBTN and they didn't show any highlights of the Sox game. Then on sportscenter they had the geeky announcer run his mouth off about every pitcher who has had some success that was pitching tonight. He mention almost everyone's name except for Mark Buehrle. These little things are really starting to crawl under my skin. :angry:

ode to veeck
05-12-2004, 01:24 AM
and someone who is going to drop dead one night on the set (Gammons).

I though this already happened and they're just playing tapes of his former blathering NE coast commentaries from previous years while someone moves his lips with wires from above

StockdaleForVeep
05-12-2004, 01:53 AM
I think it was Gammons who said they spent all this money and havent had a winning season in god knows when. How can you be happy spending that much money and NOT be first.

That annoys me so much, this attitude of "oh if we win more than last year im happy." Alot of bears fans are like this now, they say "Oh if we go 500, its ok cuz we have a new coach and its rebuilding." EXPLETIVE THAT! Cowboys didnt hire Parcells to try to get to a playoff berth, he was hired for superbowl. I didnt want OZ to come in and if we make the playoffs i'll be happy, i EXPECT OZ to take us to the world series and then do a nice trip down michigan ave like the bulls used to do and watch him dance to some latin salsa.

ChiSox14305635
05-12-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Nard
This is why I only watch ESPN News:

NO ANALYSIS

Who really cares about what these fools have to say?

The only analyses I care about are by Sir Charles, Kenny, Ernie, and Magic on Inside the NBA.

Agreed. Inside the NBA is awesome. ESPN's Fastbreak is HORRIBLE! Stephen A Smith is a condescending jackass, & Greg Anthony/Bill Laimbeer spend half the show arguing. Kevin Frazier is the only decent part of the show.

Sorry if I went OT, but most of you already know how I feel about Pawtucket Gammons & the rest of the ESPN dopes. :D:

Realist
05-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I didnt want OZ to come in and if we make the playoffs i'll be happy, i EXPECT OZ to take us to the world series and then do a nice trip down michigan ave like the bulls used to do and watch him dance to some latin salsa.

You just fired my imagination and got me imagining how happy I'd feel while watching that. That's one hell of a rush. Keep a good thought.

StockdaleForVeep
05-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Id be flashing back to the good bulls jams of the mid 90's when they partied up grant park. Maybe Daley would come and do a jig on stage as well laughing at Blago....also, perhaps william hung will be hired to sing "she bangs" as OZ dances to it. I dont know what my infactuation is with wantin to see OZ dance to that song...

Friends of mine and me have already discussed what would happen. Sox win a glorious game at home, chicago riots, in the mayhem, alot of the northside is set ablaze ala the second chicago fire, wrigley field never gets the smell of urine off the building, and somewhere big frank will be standing next to a dimly lit lamp post in a overcoat and top hat, he smirks and starts walkin off into the horizon as some lil kids cry out for frank to come back.....hey, i can dream and to think i spend a college education thinkin this crap up.

Nard
05-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
This ESPN bias against us is getting ridiculous. I just watched the 11:30 edition of BBTN and they didn't show any highlights of the Sox game. Then on sportscenter they had the geeky announcer run his mouth off about every pitcher who has had some success that was pitching tonight. He mention almost everyone's name except for Mark Buehrle. These little things are really starting to crawl under my skin. :angry:

If that's really true then that's just a bunch of bull****.

I normally don't like to get worked up and whine over these kinds of things but this is absolutely ridiculous.

1.) How can you not talk about a 15-0 game on a nightly baseball highlights show?
2.) How can you not mention a pitcher with a 7 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 2 BB night, THE ONLY SHUTOUT OF THE DAY, on a show segment discussing good pitching performances for the day?

I just don't get it.

SSN721
05-12-2004, 07:16 AM
The White Sox played a game last night?

gosox41
05-12-2004, 07:55 AM

I wouldn't be too happy if I were the O's for the simple reason that they have to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox for the division while the Sox biggest concern is Minnesota and maybe Detroit.

Bob

cubhater
05-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Nard
If that's really true then that's just a bunch of bull****.

I normally don't like to get worked up and whine over these kinds of things but this is absolutely ridiculous.

1.) How can you not talk about a 15-0 game on a nightly baseball highlights show?
2.) How can you not mention a pitcher with a 7 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 2 BB night, THE ONLY SHUTOUT OF THE DAY, on a show segment discussing good pitching performances for the day?

I just don't get it.

They also mentioned the top five pitching performances last night. Mark's wasn't one of them, but Pedro made the list despite giving up two runs (I think). A little Gammon's bias perhaps?

longshot7
05-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Is that the same Harold Reynolds who said the Sox would finish in 4th place? The same Peter Gammons who said the Sox would finish in 3rd? Don't listen to them, they have no idea what their talking about.

the same HR who picked the Sox to win the Central last year. Oops......

Lip Man 1
05-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Actually someone dying on the set actually happened in Chicago. Johnny Morris' longtime weekend man Bruce Roberts had a heart attack on the set at WBBM-TV in the commericial break right before he was to go on the air.

I guess this happened sometime in the late 70's.

Lip

white sox bill
05-12-2004, 01:48 PM
O's haapier than WHICH Sox? White or Red?

SoxxoS
05-12-2004, 01:51 PM
When is Gammons going to retire...a new ESPN beat writer is needed in the worst way.