PDA

View Full Version : Starting my ballpark tour tomorrow

CanOfCorn
05-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Flying into Philadelphia tomorrow, going to Yankee Stadium on Thursday, Camden Yards on Saturday.

Overall, my girlfriend and I are going to those two parks, Citizens Bank Park, Shea, Wrigley and Comiskey (both Sox-Cubs games), Busch Stadium and Kauffman Stadium.

We're also trying to squeeze in trips to PNC and Fenway.

delben91
05-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
Flying into Philadelphia tomorrow, going to Yankee Stadium on Thursday, Camden Yards on Saturday.

Overall, my girlfriend and I are going to those two parks, Citizens Bank Park, Shea, Wrigley and Comiskey (both Sox-Cubs games), Busch Stadium and Kauffman Stadium.

That's really awesome. Though it's the Yankees, the atmosphere and aura of Yankee Stadium is unmatched by any stadium I've ever been in. Camden is just flat out the most gorgeous park I've ever seen.

Got to CBP a couple weeks ago, and the Phillies really did that place right. Great fan-friendly open concourse, amazing sightlines of the city and not a bad seat in the place.

If the rumors about PNC stand up, it's a great, great place to watch a game, but since the team isn't great I hear that it is completely lacking in any atmosphere whatsoever.

And as a baseball fan, I absolutely loved my one trip to Fenway.

iwannago
05-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn

After you see the other parks you'll see that the Cell overall is one of the best.

Dan Gelo
05-12-2004, 02:47 AM
Pnc is a great park, saw a game there 2 years ago. Haven't gotten to go back, but I loved the park. Got to see Jose Mesa get shelled in the cross Penn series. Anyways, you'll enjoy.

NonetheLoaiza
05-12-2004, 05:15 AM
pnc park is a really great park. the only unfortunate thing is that the team is not that great.

on a side note, im making a ballpark tour of my own coming back from school starting off in phx here with a game at the BOB, then driving on up to denver, across 70 to kansas city, and then cross the state to st louis, followed up with a homecoming game at comiskey. i hear that busch stadium is a great place to see a game, so im looking forward to that. this summer im going to make it out to the twinkie dome and then detroit. im hoping to hit as many as i can.

have fun on your road trip.

CanOfCorn
05-12-2004, 08:30 AM
I've been to Busch before. The upper deck has some great views, and there's a lot of red. And I think you'll see that Kauffman is perhaps the most underrated park in all of baseball. I would take that one in a heartbeat. And you'll notice that parking in both places is cheap for how close it is.

The only bad thing I see about this trip is that I have to appear that I'm rooting for the Yankees. Girlfriend is a true fan from the area, at least. She corrected me the other day when I said that Luis Polonia is a Panamanian, saying that he was from the Dominican, and Roberto Kelly was the Panamanian Yankee outfielder.

I got her rooting for the Sox and hating the Cubs, so I think it's fair enough.

dougs78
05-12-2004, 09:01 AM
That sounds like an awesome time, I'm sure it will be a blast. Myself and a group of 5 other guys took a tour of 13 ballparks around the east coast and Canada. I will have to say that PNC Park was my favoite of all the modern parks and second favorite overall, to Fenway. PNC just has that amazing view and such a friendly feeling to it. Simply a great place to watch a game.

Fenway has an atmosphere that is fantastic. I've been to all the "old" stadiums still left, as well as Comiskey. Fenway was my favorite from my trip, but I think I was biased by the fact that we got there 10 hours before game time and took a tour of the park, watched the players arrive and then got the treat of seeing an 18 inning game, which ended with a walkoff homer.

Either way, I would stronly recommend that you try to squeeze in PNC and Fenway. You will not regret it.

cubhater
05-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Two years ago some friends and I caught games in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, and Milwaukee, sandwiched by games at The Cell in a week. We caught a day game in Pitt followed by a night game in Cleveland on the same day for the only two-city doubleheader I've experienced.

You'll love PNC. Easy parking, not a bad seat in the house, fan-friendly staff, and a great view of downtown and the mountains. It's my favorite of the new parks, followed by Detroit.

I'm off to Vegas the first week of June for a high school graduation in southern Cal and will catch one Angel's game and hopefully squeeze in a game at San Diego's new stadium which I hear is fantastic. Anybody been to these parks before?

stockonline2
05-12-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm hoping to go to Miller park, Fenway, Busch, Yankee Stadium, and more this summer with my dad. I went to BOB for the '01 series and it was great. I'm really looking forward to Fenway.