PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with Wunsch

gogosoxgogo
05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
The question: Play White Sox General Manager for a moment here. What do you with Kelly Wunsch?

My view: Wunsch is extremely valuable and I would really like to know whose mom he screwed that he isn't getting any chance at all. This guy has pitched so well over the last few years. Who here is going to tell me that we don't have room for another reliever with a sub 3 ERA and one of the lowest Opponents Batting Averages Allowed in the league? I don't understand the argument that we already have 2 lefties, so we can't bring up Wunsch. Though that may be true, keep in mind that we have a 7 man bullpen. We aren't overloading our pen with lefties. We would still have four right handers. In addition, both Cotts and Marte are more than capable of getting righties out. The more difficult question is who to send down in place of Wunsch. In my opinion, it has to be Adkins, Jackson or Cotts. All have started the year strong but have struggled as of late. Cotts could go down to get some starts in as he should be starting. Jackson I like where he is. Adkins has been faltering as of late. I don't think he is all he is cracked up to be. In my opinion, he is the odd man out. It's unfortunate for him, but that's what rookies get.

EDIT: I love how I call Jose Valentin on one line and add an 'e' on the next. If someone would be so kind as to change that, I would be delighted :smile: