PDA

View Full Version : It's official ...Felix Diaz has been called up

hose
05-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Just heard Ozzie say that Diaz is coming up and might possibly start against the O's

TheBull19
05-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by hose
Just heard Ozzie say that Diaz is coming up and might possibly start against the O's

I forgot about Dan Wright already

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Alright, let's see what he can do.

Ya never know.....

Certainly can't argue his credentials. 5-0, 2 era, good strikeouts, walks you can count on one hand.

DaveIsHere
05-11-2004, 06:10 PM
when is he suppose to pitch, It better not be thursday I have to work and I wanna see this guy throw

hose
05-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
when is he suppose to pitch, It better not be thursday I have to work and I wanna see this guy throw

Ozzie said that would rather have Diaz go against Baltimore and not the Twins, so it will either be tomorrow or Thursday.

SoxxoS
05-11-2004, 06:17 PM
ESPN....ALWAYS RIGHT ON THE MONEY

Morons.

They have one job...to cover sports...and the screw it up routinely.

Matter of fact, even though it's sports illustrated...they spelled Olivo Olivio. That is just unacceptable. A minor thing, but when that's all you do is cover sports, it's a major thing.

Randar68
05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Morons.

Matter of fact, even though it's sports illustrated...they spelled Olivo Olivio. That is just unacceptable. A minor thing, but when that's all you do is cover sports, it's a major thing.

Hell, some fans of this team still call him Oliva or Olivio and lest we forget the popular Aaron Rowland?

SoxxoS
05-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Hell, some fans of this team still call him Oliva or Olivio and lest we forget the popular Aaron Rowland?

Or Jose "would you apparently be my" Valentine.

CHISOXFAN13

Morons.

FWIW, I heard McNeil yesterday say he couldn't wait to see the sox bring up Jason Grilli or whoever.Totally tongue in cheek.

I also never heard one update say it was going to be Grilli.

SpringfldFan
This may be too obvious a question to even ask, but why didn't they just decide to put Cotts in the #5 spot? His destiny is as a starter anyway isn't it - or is it?

A.T. Money
Beltin' Bill calls him Oliva. LOL

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 06:22 PM

I was gonna say that. What about Jose Valentine?

Still, ESPN should be above that kinda stuff. Sox fans who do that are usually like 13 or really and grizzled so they don't care about spelling names right.

SoxxoS
05-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I went by this thread. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33089)

I don't get ESPN 1000 in Arizona...so I got to go by what I read on here, which is scary proposition. :smile:

Lip Man 1
05-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Well some of you got your wish....let's hope it works.

Lip

SoxxoS
05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
This may be too obvious a question to even ask, but why didn't they just decide to put Cotts in the #5 spot? His destiny is as a starter anyway isn't it - or is it?

Ozzie said, if it aint broke don't fix it...and I agree.

He is a little mentally fragile (shocking, I know), so the longer he can get ML guys out in the bullpen role, the better off for his psyche as a future starter.

Randar68
05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan

We already have 2 lefty starters is one reason. Guillen also said he's real happy with hoe Cotts has been working out of the pen... throwing strikes... and wants to give him more time there, while still admitting his future is as a starter.

Next year I anticipate Buehrle, Shoeny (if he remains effective) and Cotts to all be in the rotation. The other to people in the pen are TBD as far as I'm concerned. If Garland remains in CHicago or in the rotation, they'll be in desperate need of a top-of-the-rotation starter...

delben91
05-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

We ditched Dan "can't pitch" Wright there Lip. Start working on a nickname for Diaz that hopefully we'll never have to use. :D:

Randar68

Lip

Hey Lip, how has that kid Willie Harris been doing? I think I missed a few games...

maurice

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Olivio

Rowland

Valentine

It's particularly irksome that the motley crew on Baseball Tonight continues to call our best reliever Damaso Marty.

jeremyb1
05-11-2004, 06:33 PM

I preferred the option of trading for Pedro but I guess you take what you can get, eh?

iwannago
05-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

You better get TIVO.

john2499
05-11-2004, 07:01 PM

Did they say who they sent down ?

Voice of Reason
05-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by maurice
It's particularly irksome that the motley crew on Baseball Tonight continues to call our best reliever Damaso Marty.

Remember back when Baseball Tonight didn't suck?

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Remember back when Baseball Tonight didn't suck?

Remember the dinousaurs?

hose
05-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Remember the dinousaurs?

"dinousars? I've never seen one"

:everett:

Soxfest
05-11-2004, 08:11 PM
I really like the move. :smile:

CanOfCorn
05-11-2004, 08:25 PM
NoWhammyNoRuffcornNoWhammyNoRauchNoWhammyNoBarcelo NoWhammy!

*crossing fingers*

Mots09
05-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Thank God!

delben91
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by john2499
Did they say who they sent down ?

My guess would be Burke. But if Sandy's hip is still acting up, it might be Adkins.

mikef1331
05-12-2004, 02:02 AM

Morons.

Speaking of ESPN screwups...I was watching Baseball Tonight and at the bottom of the screen they had the Top AL Stats for the night... for Willie Harris' Stats they had H. Willis... Morons.

OurBitchinMinny
05-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Hopefully diaz can stick and be effective...If hes not good or someone else struggles, the next guy up IMO should be arnie munoz...He has sick #s at AA Birmingham. Something like 5-0 with an era in the 1.3's. But best of luck to diaz. He deserves the first shot. Lets not get all over him and say his career is over if he struggles tomorrow. Hes young and will be nervous. Smart of OG not start him against the twinkies

misty60481
05-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Diaz is scheduled for game 2 that is good especially if Garland has good 1st game take some pressure off him leaves Loiza, Shoe, & Buerle for Twins I hope weather cooperates although they are talking T-Storms of and on all day

poorme
05-13-2004, 09:54 AM
I'd start him in game 1 so he wouldn't have to sit around and get nervous all day.

sas1974
05-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Technically, it's not "Official" yet. They are keeping Burke up for game 1, just in case. Until someone's sent down, Diaz isn't "up."

Lip Man 1
05-13-2004, 01:49 PM
The issue with startung Diaz in game one is what happens if he gets hammered and you have to use up your bullpen?

What happens in game two?

You start you're more experienced guy in game one and figure he can at least eat up some innings for you.

Lip

Iwritecode
05-13-2004, 01:53 PM
The issue with startung Diaz in game one is what happens if he gets hammered and you have to use up your bullpen?

What happens in game two?

You start you're more experienced guy in game one and figure he can at least eat up some innings for you.

Lip

Very good point.

I noticed that the O's are starting their rookie in game 1...