PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Lineup

bobj4400
05-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Crede, Konerko, and Rowand are sitting for Gload, Uribe, and Perez.

Uribe batting seventh.

Is Ozzie panicking?

bobj4400
05-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Why is Frank not getting a look at 1st, btw?

OEO Magglio
05-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400

Uribe batting seventh.

Is Ozzie panicking?
I really wish willie and uribe would stay at the top with jose in the middle of the lineup.

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 03:59 PM

Uribe batting seventh.

Is Ozzie panicking?

This sucks. For one, Lee should also be sitting and Uribe is the best hitter of the year, why is he batting seventh?

bigdommer
05-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Crede was 1 for 3 last week off Ponson with a double. Paulie was 0 for 2 with a walk and a K. I understand sitting Paulie, but not Crede. Crede, although hitting .239, has shown great power with some clutch hits. He might also be their best defensive player.

The only thing I can take out of this is Guillen's obsession with Harris and management wanting to give Valentin AB's. Crede doesn't need a day off. He's young and he had a day off yesterday. He's hit 3 homeruns in his past 6 games. If he is hurt or sick, I understand. But if he is not...this is a bad move Ozzie.

jackbrohamer
05-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Why is Frank not getting a look at 1st, btw?

Guillen's terrified he won't be able to make the all-important 3-6-3 double play.

MRKARNO
05-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Link Please?

SoxxoS
05-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
This sucks. For one, Lee should also be sitting and Uribe is the best hitter of the year, why is he batting seventh?

Lee looked like a different hitter at the plate on Sunday. He is going to break out of his slump today. Call me:

:cleo

Konerko, aka mental midget, should be sitting the entire month of May, because it's in his head that he can't hit in May. If you are defeated mentally...you got:

:hawk

"NO CHANCE!!!"

HURT35
05-11-2004, 04:10 PM
where did you see the line up for tonight? are you at the park? Dont want to be "Joe Reactionary" but if this is the case, Im really starting to question whether Kenny is getting too involved in the day to day (its been an issue in the past) and that getting Jose "the leader" Valentin playing time at the expense of all others will side track this team for at least the short term. Hell if Kenny is involved you can be sure Frank will see little time at first.

I want to believe that Ozzie calls the shots but starting to wonder...

Again just getting a bad vibe, hope I'm wrong.

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Lee looked like a different hitter at the plate on Sunday. He is going to break out of his slump today. Call me:

:cleo

Konerko, aka mental midget, should be sitting the entire month of May, because it's in his head that he can't hit in May. If you are defeated mentally...you got:

:hawk

"NO CHANCE!!!"

lol

If Lee sucks I'm female dog slapping you. :smile:

MRKARNO
05-11-2004, 04:18 PM

Uribe batting seventh.

Is Ozzie panicking?

Career avgs vs Ponson:

Crede: 3 for 9
Uribe: 1 for 6 (but 1 for 3 this year)

Rowand: 0 for 3
Timo: 4 for 10

Konerko: .278 (5 for 18)
Gload: Never faced

I get the Rowand sitting and the effort to keep Uribe in the lineup with Manos and the .301 hitting Harris, but the Gload starting just puzzles me. And Uribe should bat 2 and Valentin 7 IMO.

PS Thomas is 9 for 21 off Ponson with 4 round trippers and 6 walks for an OBP of .593. Maggs is 10 for 24 with a walk. Lee is 6 for 17. I expect nothing short of a great offensive performance from 3-4-5 tonight. They should be able to singlehandedly provide all the RBIs. Ponson is 0-3 with and ERA of 11.75 at the cell. Buehrle has a 2.90 ERA agsinst Baltimore. Willie is hitting .425 over his last 11 games. This is a game we really should win. Perfect opportunity to get a much-needed blowout victory

bobj4400
05-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by HURT35
where did you see the line up for tonight? are you at the park? Dont want to be "Joe Reactionary" but if this is the case, Im really starting to question whether Kenny is getting too involved in the day to day (its been an issue in the past) and that getting Jose "the leader" Valentin playing time at the expense of all others will side track this team for at least the short term. Hell if Kenny is involved you can be sure Frank will see little time at first.

I want to believe that Ozzie calls the shots but starting to wonder...

Again just getting a bad vibe, hope I'm wrong.

I am listening to AM1000 and they have been ripping the lineup for a little while now...

DrCrawdad
05-11-2004, 04:20 PM
I reserve my right to say great move if the Sox hit and win OR complain if the Sox get shutdown and lose.

:)

DaveIsHere
05-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Could this possibly still be the Jerry manuel era, afraid to make the "right" changes, and shuffling the line up for the sake of shuffling the line up?? ***?? Every freakin' year!!!!!!!!! GOD does this team make me drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hondo
05-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I reserve my right to say great move if the Sox hit and win OR complain if the Sox get shutdown and lose.

:)

Exactly. I'm going to refrain from locking myself in my closet waiting for tne apoclypse just yet.

Maybe Ozzie believes that this sort of shakeup is needed to get his team out of the little funk they're in.

And I don't consider this tinkering.

Randar68
05-11-2004, 04:23 PM

Uribe batting seventh.

Is Ozzie panicking?

Has Ozzie been posessed by the Tinkerer?

pjthesox13
05-11-2004, 04:26 PM

Valentin would do better later in the lineup than Uribe

At least Uribe is in the lineup though.

TheBull19
05-11-2004, 04:31 PM
What's the big deal? He's been rotating people in and out of the lineup all year so far. And I expect Uribe to be in the lineup most every night. I think guys like Uribe and Harris and Perez give the guys something the Sox have been sorely missing the last few years, some guys who can make things happen.

Besides, its not like he's sitting Ruth, Gehrig and Lazzeri.

brewcrew/chisox
05-11-2004, 04:35 PM
:jerry

"I kind of like the lineup tonight. Although, I like Jose leading off and Frank sitting this one out. The guy needs his rest. Perhaps Sandy can play first and we'll have Gload pitch a couple of innings. Can Koch play short?"

:hitless

"I can pitch!"

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by pjthesox13
Valentin would do better later in the lineup than Uribe

At least Uribe is in the lineup though.

Valentin no doubt is best off in the 2 hole, but Uribe's a better hitter, he can hit both arms coming at him. Batting in front of Maggs and Frank is why Uribe is hitting so well. We should never change that.

pjthesox13
05-11-2004, 04:54 PM

Uribe batting seventh.

Is Ozzie panicking?

Does anyone know what time they post the lineup, even though changes can be made, is there an official first posting?

And is it online anywhere?

TheBull19
05-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Valentin no doubt is best off in the 2 hole, but Uribe's a better hitter, he can hit both arms coming at him. Batting in front of Maggs and Frank is why Uribe is hitting so well. We should never change that.

Ozzie shouldn't be worried about what's best for Valentin, he should be worried about what's best for the team. Sure valentin may be able to crack .250 and keeps his strikeouts below 4 per 10 ABs batting second, but I'd rather have a guy who puts the ball in play and gets on base. Anyone notice the offense started taking a dive right about the time Valentin came back? I really really hope they don't jam him into the lineup and mess up what was working just because he had a decent season a few years ago and has a stupid $5 mil contract.

So yeah, I guess I agree with you on that one.

npdempse
05-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by pjthesox13

And is it online anywhere?

You can get them a bit ahead of time through MLB Gameday.

I'm all for sitting Paulie right now--he's 1 for his last 21.

SoxxoS
05-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
You can get them a bit ahead of time through MLB Gameday.

I'm all for sitting Paulie right now--he's 1 for his last 21.

Over/Under on Paulie's # of hits in May...seriously.

I'll take the under.

pjthesox13
05-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Over/Under on Paulie's # of hits in May...seriously.

I'll take the under.

I'm with you there.

RKMeibalane
05-11-2004, 05:34 PM
:ozzie

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by TheBull19
Ozzie shouldn't be worried about what's best for Valentin, he should be worried about what's best for the team. Sure valentin may be able to crack .250 and keeps his strikeouts below 4 per 10 ABs batting second, but I'd rather have a guy who puts the ball in play and gets on base. Anyone notice the offense started taking a dive right about the time Valentin came back? I really really hope they don't jam him into the lineup and mess up what was working just because he had a decent season a few years ago and has a stupid $5 mil contract.

So yeah, I guess I agree with you on that one.

The offensive dive has nothing to do with Valentin. Lee and Konerko. We haven't been hitting for weeks.

johnny_mostil
05-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:ozzie

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

No, no, no, no. Easy to explain

Ozzie is disturbing the regular lineup as little as possible. Uribe is batting 7th because he's subbing for Crede, who bats seventh. Gload's batting sixth because he's subbing for Konerko. Perez is subbing for Rowand... the other six regulars are in their usual spots. This is the antithesis of tinkering.

Ya gotta keep Harris in the lineup because he's hotter than a firecracker. Ya gotta get Valentin in the lineup because he's the only serious lefthanded power hitter available. Ya gotta get Rowand and Konerko out of the lineup for a while because they are dead weight right now. Ya gotta find out if Timo is the one who walks the plank when Reed comes up.

Makes sense to me.

johnny_mostil
05-11-2004, 06:00 PM
The offensive dive has nothing to do with Valentin. Lee and Konerko. We haven't been hitting for weeks.

Anybody notice that the Blue Jays pounded the Royals into oblivion last night? Any possibility the Sox just ran into a team that finally warmed up?

pjthesox13
05-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil
Anybody notice that the Blue Jays pounded the Royals into oblivion last night? Any possibility the Sox just ran into a team that finally warmed up?

I think that could be the case for sure. The Blue Jays were due for some winning as of late.

JohnJeter
05-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Anyone ever consider the fact that "tinkering" occurs because of the shoddy offensive output of several of our players?

Would you rather have the same batting order run out there every day despite the fact that that order wasn't producing?

If so, I can hear the cries- "we need to shake it up!".

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 06:36 PM

The Blue Jays and Royals are on the same level. I think they're both sub mediocre. Both teams were supremely overrated coming into the season. I guess the country likes the color blue.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-11-2004, 06:46 PM
I would just like to note that classic form of tinkering perfected by the former manager of the Chicago White Sox was *not* done during a slump.

Rather, the real tinkering took place right in the middle of hot streaks, especially for ballplayers with 4 for 4 nights that suddenly find themselves benched for rest or because so-and-so deserves to start because he went to school near here.

:jerry
"I know tinkering. Tinkering is a friend of mine. Ozzie, you're no tinkerer!"

OEO Magglio
05-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes the blue jays are warming up, but it was bad baseball from the sox not great baseball from the jays that had Toronto sweeping the sox out of town.

soltrain21
05-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Anyone want to question it so far?

RKMeibalane
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I think it's time to get Frank some playing time at first base. He's looked bad twice now against Ponson, a pitcher whom he owns. It might even be useful to give him a day off in the not-to-distant future.

Blueprint1
05-11-2004, 08:38 PM
playing Frank at first isn't going to make him automatic at the plate. You know that Stat could even be inflated because Frank played first alot more early in his career.

soxwon
05-11-2004, 09:09 PM
15-0 in the 7th, we really needed this.
maggs 4 for 4 5 rbis
oh its great to be home-and a white sox fan
twins are losing too, now if the cubs lose it will be a PERFECT NIGHT.

Palehose13
05-11-2004, 09:11 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the line up, but then again...hindsight is 20/20 :D:

Seriously, though...WHat about keeping Uribe at 3rd for a bit. I kinda like the infield of whoever at first, Harris, Valetin, Uribe.