PDA

View Full Version : Ladewski isn't Shy About The Media Bias

joecrede
05-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Link (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/ladewski/x11-lad1.htm)

:gulp:

pearso66
05-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Good article, this guy sounds a lot like some of the posters here

Hangar is that you???

jackbrohamer
05-11-2004, 03:42 PM
The Cubune's website kept pictures of Ligue up from September 2002 until late in spring training 2003, then kept posting them whenever Ligue ever had a court date. The pictures were linked at a headline "Attack At Comiskey"

I wrote the editor (George (?) Knue) at the time compalining that it had nothing to do with baseball and that it was unfair to keep such lurid pictures linked to Sox news. He wrote back arguing that the Tribune coverage of the Sox is so complete, the pics were just one aspect of their thorough and unparalled coverage of the Sox. He then basically smeared me and all Sox fans who keep coming up with "conspiracy theories" (his phrase) about their coverage.

Wonder how long last Thursday's tragedy will be linked on their Cubs site?

Frater Perdurabo
05-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Mardi Gras has been known to claim a life or three in New Orleans almost every year, and when you come down to it, isn't the Wrigley Field experience a lot like Mardi Gras itself?

Truer words never have been written.

Hangar18
05-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
The Cubune's website kept pictures of Ligue up from September 2002 until late in spring training 2003, then kept posting them whenever Ligue ever had a court date. The pictures were linked at a headline "Attack At Comiskey"

I wrote the editor (George (?) Knue) at the time compalining that it had nothing to do with baseball and that it was unfair to keep such lurid pictures linked to Sox news. He wrote back arguing that the Tribune coverage of the Sox is so complete, the pics were just one aspect of their thorough and unparalled coverage of the Sox. He then basically smeared me and all Sox fans who keep coming up with "conspiracy theories" (his phrase) about their coverage.

Can you find this letter you wrote and Get Me His Name .......
I'll take care of him ...... Need his full name and title there
if you know it ...........

DrCrawdad
05-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer

Funny too that the Cubune editorial policy is not to show pictures of the (morons) who've tossed garbage on the field postponing two games in a row this year. They haven't shown pictures of the trash or the people whilst tossing trash on the field.

On the other hypocritical hand the Cubune sees fit to go page one with the Ligues and the Cubbie fan who jumped the ump. Let's not forget the page one article without evidence slammed Sox fans as the ones who killed the wall weeds at The Shrine.

BTW Great article about the media bias on the main page by Hal, LINK (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=2505).

TheBull19
05-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I wanna see them keep a photo gallery up for about 18 months of the lovable cubs fans showering Steve Bartman with debris at that wonderful Disneyland of baseball.
And off the subject, haven't these cubs fans enamored w/ wrigley ever been to Fenway? Sure, they don't have the evidence of Tiger Stadium or old Comiskey or any of the other classic parks around anymore to remind them that besides being old and some ivy, that wrigley's just a "sh**hole", as the Babe put it; but Fenway's still intact. I recommend any moron cub fan go there at least once to see a truly classic park.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2004, 06:37 PM
It's interesting that according to the story one paper said the murderer was a Sox fan....but I only recall reading some quotes that Ligue was a Cubs fan. (Even though the day after, WSCR radio had on his girlfriend and former roomate who both said they were shocked he was even at Comiskey Park because he was a Cubs fan.)

and I don't think Paul will be getting his apology....some fans are still waiting for an apology from the Cubs over the comment that Sox fans dumped stuff on the Ivy.

Lip

pudge
05-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's interesting that according to the story one paper said the murderer was a Sox fan....but I only recall reading some quotes that Ligue was a Cubs fan. (Even though the day after, WSCR radio had on his girlfriend and former roomate who both said they were shocked he was even at Comiskey Park because he was a Cubs fan.)

and I don't think Paul will be getting his apology....some fans are still waiting for an apology from the Cubs over the comment that Sox fans dumped stuff on the Ivy.

Lip

I thought the guy who got murdered was a Sox fan -I never read the murderer being a Sox fan.

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

The second guy who ran on the field against KC and went for the ump was also a cub fan.

TornLabrum
05-12-2004, 12:43 AM
The quotes from Ligue's family was that "he's not even a baseball fan." It was Dybas who was the Cubs fan.

SSN721
05-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Fantastic article, now I am just waiting for the Mariotti reply telling us what a bunch of bulljive that is and how he personally makes sure every paper in our fair city is covering both teams fairly under his watch. Its really a shame that that article wont reach more people, it is very logical, well though out and even people convinced there is no bias at all might be a little swayed but his simple but elegant argument.