PDA

View Full Version : New Dan Ryan Expressway Billboard...

hsnterprize
05-11-2004, 08:08 AM
If this is a sign of the new Brooks Boyer regime in marketing the team, then the Sox are going in the right direction.

If you drive southbound on the D.R. south of the Circle Interchange and near the 18th Street exit, look to the left as the expressway starts to curve towards the east and ultimately south. You'll see a green billboard promoting the half-price promotions the Sox have. You'll see the words, "Half Price, Whole Game", with the "O" in "whole" interwoven with the S-O-X logo. The Monday night half-price night is called "Family Night" and the Tuesday Pepsi Half-Price night mentioned too.

IMHO...there needs to be a few more expressway billboards out there. In fact, not only should there be some near the ballpark, but to the north, south, and west. Hey...why not? The more exposure, the more potential fans and the more butts in the seats. That's another way Boyer can reach out to the masses.

fado
05-11-2004, 08:18 AM
I saw the same billboard on the Stevenson at roughly the Harlem exit inbound. And I think I saw it on Mother's Day coming in from Addison on 290 inbound but I was so tired I could be thinking about 55 again because I was on both expressways on Sunday.

Hangar18
05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize

IMHO...there needs to be a few more expressway billboards out there. In fact, not only should there be some near the ballpark, but to the north, south, and west. Hey...why not? The more exposure, the more potential fans and the more butts in the seats. That's another way Boyer can reach out to the masses.

It is a good idea. KEEP THE EXPRESSWAY BILLBOARDS ON THE EXPRESSWAYS.............Not Inside the Ballpark

iwannago
05-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by fado
I saw the same billboard on the Stevenson at roughly the Harlem exit inbound. And I think I saw it on Mother's Day coming in from Addison on 290 inbound but I was so tired I could be thinking about 55 again because I was on both expressways on Sunday.

It was a mother's day miracle!

anewman35
05-11-2004, 12:36 PM
I forget where (it was either on the Edens or 53) but I saw a simliar one, except that it was promoting Fireworks nights.

Also, I saw a White Sox commericial with Ozzie during SNL this week - it was nice to see a Sox commericial that wasn't during a Sox game, like most of them are.

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
It is a good idea. KEEP THE EXPRESSWAY BILLBOARDS ON THE EXPRESSWAYS.............Not Inside the Ballpark

Exactly. You and I will have to lead the charge to abolish the monsterboards forever :cool: :cool: .

Brian26
05-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Don't mean to be a pessimist, but the Sox have had billboards on expressways for years. At least every year I've seen one on the Stevenson and the Ryan. This is no great accomplishment. Hell, one year didn't they have a billboard right outside Wrigley?

"Real Baseball 10 miles south of here"

daveeym
05-11-2004, 01:28 PM
"Half Price, Whole Game"

Does that imply all concessions are half price too*

*all non alcoholic concessions.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Have you ever submitted your resume to the Sox? Maybe you can be the member at large representing the fans.