PDA

View Full Version : K Dub on outside the lines

StockdaleForVeep
05-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Not sure if this was a rerun but on OTL they had kenny williams talkin, not sure about what cuz i cought the last 3 mins of it but he was talkin about how he basically interviewed for his job the past 9 years in the organization

Anyone else see all of it\know what the hell he was talkin about?

santo=dorf
05-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Yeah I watched it. It was mostly about minorities holding postions in sports. At one point he started talking about :jerry ,which brought back bad a lot memories, and talked about replacing him with a latino manager. They were also talking about Dave Stewart. I forget what that story was all about.

Jerko
05-11-2004, 09:24 AM
He talked for about 10 minutes and I STILL don't know what he said. I think Stewart was saying he has no passion for baseball anymore because he sees how minorities are being held back, so ESPN had to get KW on there to get a viewpoint of someone who doesn't think he is being held back. KW basically said he got the job because he's known JR for 22 years and that Stewart doesn't have that luxury and that may be why he's out of baseball. That was the gist of it.

onenine19
05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Dave Stewart interviewed for the GM job in Toronto and was turned down. He felt it was racially motivated. KW was on OTL to give his view of minorities in sports and the Stewart situation.