PDA

View Full Version : 5/10: Charlotte Bats On Fire!


DrCrawdad
05-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Not a final yet on ESPN but the Barons have a 17-4 lead! Hope to see in the box score that Reed & Borchard had big nights.

Randar68
05-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Not a final yet on ESPN but the Barons have a 17-4 lead! Hope to see in the box score that Reed & Borchard had big nights.

Borchard didn't play, and the result was 16-4 from what I can gather. Reed went 1-4 with 3 RBI (1 single and 2 SF's)

Rauch went 4 2/3 and gave up 5 hits, 2 ER, 4 BB, 4 K's.

DrCrawdad
05-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Not a final yet on ESPN but the Barons have a 17-4 lead! Hope to see in the box score that Reed & Borchard had big nights.

CORRECTION: 16-4 and it's final.

SoxxoS
05-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Borchard didn't play, and the result was 16-4 from what I can gather. Reed went 1-4 with 3 RBI (1 single and 2 SF's)

Rauch went 4 2/3 and gave up 5 hits, 2 ER, 4 BB, 4 K's.

Control is a bit off it looks like...that is 9 walks over his past two outings.

OEO Magglio
05-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Not a final yet on ESPN but the Barons have a 17-4 lead! Hope to see in the box score that Reed & Borchard had big nights.
The knights not the Barons. :)

DrCrawdad
05-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
The knights not the Barons. :)

OOPS!

Randar68
05-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Control is a bit off it looks like...that is 9 walks over his past two outings.

Don't yet know the story on tonight, but his previous game, both pitchers were being squeezed according to someonoe who was apparently at that game. The other starter had something like 8 walks that game, IIRC.

Rex Hudler
05-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Don't yet know the story on tonight, but his previous game, both pitchers were being squeezed according to someonoe who was apparently at that game. The other starter had something like 8 walks that game, IIRC.

I looked it up. The other starter had 6 BB in 4.1 IP. Their other pitchers had a total of 2 BB in 5.2 IP. The other Charlotte pitchers were walk-free in 5 innings.

Not sure what that means, but it does appear both starters struggled, but the relievers did not.

fsphog
05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
apparantly rauch has been battling a bad cold that has affected him some, but im not sure to what extent. he was pretty bad off yesterday - had to have a a visit to the mound by the trainer to bring something out to help with an extreme loss of fluids - just shows the guys battling trying to help the team. anyhow, good thing is that his velocity is coming back, sitting at 90 mph, topping at 92-94 on the gun at louisville slugger field - dont know what the team gun had him at. another thing - the hits he gave up were little bloopers and dribblers, not one hard hit ball against louisville - but his walks need to come down - thats whats leading to almost all the runs he gave up recently. evidently the pitching coaches have been screwing with his arm angle to a position that doesnt work for him and have screwed his control all up - we'll have to see if he can correct this on his own.