PDA

View Full Version : This is the guy the sox should bring up!

habibharu
05-10-2004, 05:01 PM
josh stewart. he is perfect because he is doing good right now, he is a lefty and most important he has major league experience! why not let rauch and diaz pitch all year in AAA and then let them make the rotation next year

Randar68
05-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
why not let rauch and diaz pitch all year in AAA and then let them make the rotation next year

Yep, starting 2005 with 2/5ths of the rotation with little or no MLB experience is definitely the way to go...

JRIG
05-10-2004, 05:08 PM
josh stewart. he is perfect because he is doing good right now, he is a lefty and most important he has major league experience! why not let rauch and diaz pitch all year in AAA and then let them make the rotation next year

Yeah, he has MLB experience, but he pitched like crap (can I say that?). 5.96 ERA, only 13 Ks, 44 baserunners in 25 innings...

Should we bring back Scott Ruffcorn too? He has MLB experience.

Stewart's been OK at AAA this year, but I'd still rather see Rauch, Diaz and Grilli than him.

Wanne
05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
I'd rather see Arnie Munoz than Grilli, Rauch or Stewart...but I doubt it happens until end of the season call-ups.

habibharu
05-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Yeah, he has MLB experience, but he pitched like crap (can I say that?). 5.96 ERA, only 13 Ks, 44 baserunners in 25 innings...

Should we bring back Scott Ruffcorn too? He has MLB experience.

Stewart's been OK at AAA this year, but I'd still rather see Rauch, Diaz and Grilli than him. what do you mean OK? he's got a 3.44 ERA

Voice of Reason
05-10-2004, 05:25 PM
what do you mean OK? he's got a 3.44 ERA

But you have the option of Diaz who has been fabulous. Diaz has allowed fewer baserunners and fewer home runs than Stewart in more innings. Diaz's ERA is more than a run and a half better than Stewart. I would have to give Diaz the call if it was my decision.

guillen4life13
05-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Stewart's bad stats at the MLB level are due to IIRC, one bad outing he had against the yanks where he took a ball off of his arm that caused relative long term effects (something about the blood not flowing properly).

I remember a few outings where Stewart really impressed me.

munchman33
05-10-2004, 09:26 PM

Josh, is that you?