PDA

View Full Version : Great News - CHEAP TICKETS - Granton Marketing

jabrch
05-10-2004, 03:13 PM
For anyone who ever says tickets are too expensive, that excuse no longer flys by me. Call Granton Marketing at 800 775 1975 and ask for the White Sox Promotion. You get the following for $29.00

4 1$ tickets to any game
18 coupons for buy one ticket get one free

The tickets are good for most of the remaining home games. (there was about 6 games that were not including in addition to the sold out Cubs vs Sox games.)

This is the best deal you will find out there for Sox tickets. I did it last year and I will order it again. Don't bother waiting til tuesday to get your Pepsi half-price tickets. Don't complain that you can't take your family. For under $30, you get 4 tickets at $1.00 and 18 more at buy 1, get one free.

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 03:17 PM
That sounds too good to be true, do they only offer a limited number of these booklets?

fledgedrallycap
05-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Are you committed to using all 18 1/2 price coupons?

CHISOXFAN13
05-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

You can use as many as you want, at least that was the case last year. Hell, you don't have to use any if you just end up using the $1 tickets.

I'm so happy to hear this is back.

jabrch
05-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
That sounds too good to be true, do they only offer a limited number of these booklets?

Nope - the Sox have a marketing arrangement with Granton - call them up, give em a credit card, and they mail it to you. It does sound too good to be true, but I had one last year. It was a great deal!

Nope - you can rip em up if you want. You pay the $30, and they send you the coupons to do with as you desire.

Randar68
05-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Nope - you can rip em up if you want. You pay the $30, and they send you the coupons to do with as you desire.

Every Sox fan should buy one of these and get out there and give some of these tickets away to friends and family to get them to the ballpark, especially those who haven't been in years. We all need to help get the fans energized as well. Sitting on our rears and whining ain't helping anything.

jabrch
05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Every Sox fan should buy one of these and get out there and give some of these tickets away to friends and family to get them to the ballpark, especially those who haven't been in years. We all need to help get the fans energized as well. Sitting on our rears and whining ain't helping anything.

That's an interesting idea Randar. I bought 2 of them last year. i used all the free tickets, and many of the 1/2 of jobbies, and gave a bunch away. I wasn't thinking about it the way you are, but I knew I wouldn't use em so I gave em away. But now that you mention it, I might call back and order another 2 of them.

SaltyPretzel
05-10-2004, 03:39 PM
I bought a couple last year. It's a total no-brainer. It pays for itself even if you only went to one game. :smile:

onesox
05-10-2004, 03:42 PM
just call the fine folks at Granton......1 thing that has changed this year, all the coupons they give you are for upper deck box only, or reserved upper deck......They will not work for lower deck. Still a good deal....but I have to say it blows a little bit.

jabrch
05-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by onesox
just call the fine folks at Granton......1 thing that has changed this year, all the coupons they give you are for upper deck box only, or reserved upper deck......They will not work for lower deck. Still a good deal....but I have to say it blows a little bit.

I'll still do it - I don't mind the UD at Comiskey - certainly if you get decent UD box seats.

inta
05-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I'll do this. I dont mind UD at all, actually i like it up there.
but i do hate that they dont let anyone from UD go to the LD.

pearso66
05-10-2004, 04:06 PM
are the $1 tickets UD too? not that it matters, I've never had a problem with any of the seats i ever sat in. and another question would be, do the coupons for buy on get one free work for half price tuesdays? so you could basically get 2 for the price of 1/2?

jabrch
05-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
are the $1 tickets UD too? not that it matters, I've never had a problem with any of the seats i ever sat in. and another question would be, do the coupons for buy on get one free work for half price tuesdays? so you could basically get 2 for the price of 1/2?

I doubt that....

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by onesox

Waitaminnit.........are ALL the coupons only good for the ud? The best thing about the program last year was the 1/2 off tix for any seat in the house. I'm not so sure it'll do as well if the price went up(granton's call...not the sox) AND you can only use them for the ud.
Gene

CHISOXFAN13
05-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Waitaminnit.........are ALL the coupons only good for the ud? The best thing about the program last year was the 1/2 off tix for any seat in the house. I'm not so sure it'll do as well if the price went up(granton's call...not the sox) AND you can only use them for the ud.
Gene

It's still only 30 and if you take into consideration the four $1 tickets, that pays for itself already and then some.

Guess you can't make everyone happy.

kittle42
05-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
It's still only 30 and if you take into consideration the four $1 tickets, that pays for itself already and then some.

No, you can't. I'll gladly pay full price to sit on the 100 level.

ewokpelts
05-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by kittle42

It's just not as good of a value as last year's. If the half off coupons are ud opnly it kinda defeats the purpose of getting new and lapsed customers a chance to see the rennovations and be won oever by the cell experience. I'll buy one, but I'm not as pumped as I was last week about it.
Gene

kittle42
05-11-2004, 09:52 AM
It's just not as good of a value as last year's. If the half off coupons are ud opnly it kinda defeats the purpose of getting new and lapsed customers a chance to see the rennovations and be won oever by the cell experience. I'll buy one, but I'm not as pumped as I was last week about it.
Gene

Agreed. Stupid move on their part. Those coupons are part of what got my butt in the door 27 times there last year. I was going to practically every game in September.

jabrch
05-11-2004, 09:53 AM

And the cool thing is, you still have that option!

This just provides people on more of a budget than you the opportunity to see more games.

jabrch
05-11-2004, 09:55 AM

yeah, last year you only got 2 free tickets, right? Now you get 4 for $1 each. As long as you don't mind the UD, this is a good deal.

anewman35
05-11-2004, 10:05 AM
It's just not as good of a value as last year's. Gene

But, it's coming out a lot earlier than it did last year, so you can use it a lot more (assuming you don't have a problem with the upper deck, and I can't see how anybody who's ever been up there would have a problem).

kittle42
05-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by anewman35
But, it's coming out a lot earlier than it did last year, so you can use it a lot more (assuming you don't have a problem with the upper deck, and I can't see how anybody who's ever been up there would have a problem).

My problem is I prefer the lower deck. I prefer it enough that I would rather pay full-price downstairs than half-price upstairs.

Jerko
05-11-2004, 10:22 AM
My problem is I prefer the lower deck. I prefer it enough that I would rather pay full-price downstairs than half-price upstairs.

I agree Kittle; it's not like the UC where upstairs is 15 bucks and downstairs is 75 (or 250!). You CAN buy lower deck seats on half price nights; it's just that everybody wants the best deal so of course, they buy the cheapest ticket for half price and then complain they don't get to see the fan deck for 6 bucks. Plus if you know people with LD seats they can sneak you in so easily it's not even funny.

jabrch
05-11-2004, 10:39 AM

Good - then, and I mean this with both respect and sarcasm, stop cluttering this thread and pay full price to sit in the lowers. Some of us would rather see 4 games for the price of one like this deal enables us to do.

jabrch
05-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
I agree Kittle; it's not like the UC where upstairs is 15 bucks and downstairs is 75 (or 250!). You CAN buy lower deck seats on half price nights; it's just that everybody wants the best deal so of course, they buy the cheapest ticket for half price and then complain they don't get to see the fan deck for 6 bucks. Plus if you know people with LD seats they can sneak you in so easily it's not even funny.

Another option is to slip the ticket takes at the lower deck gate a 5spot. You don't think they wear those red jackets because they like it, do you? $5 gets you a lot when you are bribing a tickettaker.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 02:23 PM
This is great for people on a budget. It allows them to get to more games. Who cares if it is in the UD. It is nice up there and are good seats if you are in the first twelve rows!

patbooyah
05-12-2004, 11:30 AM
plus- can't you get those tickets and then just sit in the bullpen sports bar?

jabrch
05-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by patbooyah
plus- can't you get those tickets and then just sit in the bullpen sports bar?

Yup - and better yet, you can get those tickets, come early, and get a table for $10 on the top of the BullPen Bar.

For anyone on a budget, it's a great deal. UD or not.

patbooyah
05-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Yup - and better yet, you can get those tickets, come early, and get a table for $10 on the top of the BullPen Bar.

For anyone on a budget, it's a great deal. UD or not.

a little help on that table at the bullpen bar- if i was planning on doing that tonight, how much would it cost? can i get it in advance or is it a first come first served type of thing?

dademz1
05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
The Upper Deck Limitation isn't the greatest, but for someone who is cheap like me, That's a good deal....

jabrch
05-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
a little help on that table at the bullpen bar- if i was planning on doing that tonight, how much would it cost? can i get it in advance or is it a first come first served type of thing?

first come, first serve. got to the bar to buy tickets. Cost is $10 per person - it isn't "cheap" but it is a great way to see a game if you bought inexpensive tickets in the UD and want to upgrade your seats.

jabrch
05-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Got my Granton Tickets in the mail yesterday.

4 $1 tickets, then 20 buy 1 get 1 frees. Only drawback is they are upper deck only.

Good news is they are good every day except Mondays and for the Boston series (why is that? Is there that much demand for Red Sox tickets in Chicago?)

FoulkeFan
05-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Are the 4 $1 tickets upper deck only as well?

jabrch
05-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by FoulkeFan
Are the 4 $1 tickets upper deck only as well?

Yup - that's the downside to it. But even still, you get 4 tickets that would normally sell for $20 for $1 each. That's 76$ in savings, right off the bat. The whole package costs ya $31, with shipping. You can't beat it.

BigFrankFan
05-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Please make this thread a sticky as it's very important to SOX fans.

4 1$ tickets to any game - UD only

Can all 4 tickets be used at a single game?

Can these be used for any seats or just UD?

UD seats are much better now because the roof definitely makes a difference both in heat & sound :D:
But getting others to share my opinion is a tougher sell.

jabrch
05-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BigFrankFan
Please make this thread a sticky as it's very important to SOX fans.

4 1$ tickets to any game - UD only

Can all 4 tickets be used at a single game?

Can these be used for any seats or just UD?

UD seats are much better now because the roof definitely makes a difference both in heat & sound :D:
But getting others to share my opinion is a tougher sell.

can all four tickets be used at a game? YES, you can get 4 together.

20 coupons, not 18 for buy one, get one free - all also must be UD.

CHISOXFAN13
05-17-2004, 02:05 PM

4 $1 tickets, then 20 buy 1 get 1 frees. Only drawback is they are upper deck only.

Good news is they are good every day except Mondays and for the Boston series (why is that? Is there that much demand for Red Sox tickets in Chicago?)

FWIW, just did a TM search for the Friday Bston game in August and the four best available are ins ection 537, row 20.

Guess that answers your question!

jabrch
05-17-2004, 02:09 PM
FWIW, just did a TM search for the Friday Bston game in August and the four best available are ins ection 537, row 20.

Guess that answers your question!

Cool - I hope that weekend is a full sellout - I'd love to see the Sox play for some packed houses in the summer. I'd like to see the attendance on the season come close to 2.5mm also. If we play good ball and hang in the race, it could happen.

fledgedrallycap
05-17-2004, 02:59 PM

When I place my order and they send the coupons out, do you reedeem the coupons at Comiskey's Box Office? Is there an online code? Just curious how the process works.

Cellview22
05-17-2004, 03:05 PM
For the 20 "buy one-get one free" coupons, can you use those on Tuesdays with a pepsi product, and get 2 tickets for $6 total?

Randar68
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22
For the 20 "buy one-get one free" coupons, can you use those on Tuesdays with a pepsi product, and get 2 tickets for $6 total?

Can't combine with any other special offers or promotions.

jabrch
05-17-2004, 04:02 PM
When I place my order and they send the coupons out, do you reedeem the coupons at Comiskey's Box Office? Is there an online code? Just curious how the process works.

Either at the box office, or by mail. there is a mail coupon on the sheet so you can do it that way.

jabrch
05-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22

No sir - but you can do it today for any Pepsi Tuesday and get good seats before they become 1/2 price to everyone. Still only paying 6 bucks a seat - just getting to do it in advance.

jabrch
05-17-2004, 04:03 PM
With all I am pushing this, it feels like I should have married Mr. Granton's daughter!!!!

joecrede
05-17-2004, 04:15 PM
I just spoke with a friend who asked me if this "was real". Apparently, they are going door-to-door on the southwest side with this today.

anewman35
05-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
I just spoke with a friend who asked me if this "was real". Apparently, they are going door-to-door on the southwest side with this today.

They mention it on whitesox.com (http://whitesox.com) now. I had a guy come to my office last year, hopefully I will again, it's a great deal. Maybe I'll just stop being lazy and call.

DaveIsHere
05-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
They mention it on whitesox.com (http://whitesox.com) now. I had a guy come to my office last year, hopefully I will again, it's a great deal. Maybe I'll just stop being lazy and call.

DIdnt see it on there

jabrch
05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by joecrede

They did that last year too. It was a success. They also went in the big office buildings also. I wonder how much Granton gets per sale? I wonder how much the Sox pay them? I'd be curious how this works.

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-17-2004, 04:56 PM
I would've loved to get this package. They went to my dad's work place last year so I'd assume they would do it this year also. Unfortunately, he passed away a few days ago and I won't be able to attend any more games