PDA

View Full Version : Boyer's Email Address - Send Ideas!

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 03:05 PM
HERE IT IS!

From my ticket rep...............

GREAT IDEAS!
Brooks Boyer, the White Sox new vice president of marketing, is looking for your ideas! What would you like to see during your next trip to U.S. Cellular Field? Let us know! E-mail whitesoxbaseball@whitesox.mlb.com with your suggestions.
E-mail whitesoxbaseball@whitesox.mlb.com here>> http://lists.mlb.com/u/429766/9449549

Tekijawa
05-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Nacho Vendors that walk the aisles!

Unregistered
05-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
whitesoxbaseball@whitesox.mlb.com with your suggestions.
E-mail whitesoxbaseball@whitesox.mlb.com here>> WOW!
WHITESOXBASEBALL@WHITESOX.MLB.COM!?!?

WHAT A SCOOP! Can't believe you got BOYER's PERSONAL email addy!!! :)

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
WOW!
WHITESOXBASEBALL@WHITESOX.MLB.COM!?!?

WHAT A SCOOP! Can't believe you got BOYER's PERSONAL email addy!!! :)

One of the first things he said was that he was going to open an email account for suggestions. People on the board have been hoping it would be released. I was merely forwarding on what my rep sent me.

You sound like you are a disgruntled Sox fan with East coast, NY attitude. (all in good fun) Go Sox!

Unregistered
05-10-2004, 03:34 PM
One of the first things he said was that he was going to open an email account for suggestions. People on the board have been hoping it would be released. I was merely forwarding on what my rep sent me.

You sound like you are a disgruntled Sox fan with East coast, NY attitude. (all in good fun) Go Sox! Damn, have I been in NY that long??? Time for a visit home, I guess! :)

fledgedrallycap
05-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I think it would be good idea if everyone who sends an e-mail to Boyer would post thier e-mail in this thread. That way we can see the thoughts being sent and try to slam dunk our ideas to the White Sox

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I think it would be good idea if everyone who sends an e-mail to Boyer would post thier e-mail in this thread. That way we can see the thoughts being sent and try to slam dunk our ideas to the White Sox

Here is mine............
Brooks:

Good luck with job. I’m confident the Sox will be the team of Chicago! I'm a season ticket holder that has a few suggestions.

1. Metra train stop at 35th. (Time to bring back the South Side Fans)

2. High School and College Student discount nights with a valid ID. (IIT is right across the street and I have heard they don’t receive a discount). This will help attract young fans. Have Crede’s Crew in a commercial for the high school and college night promo.

3. Bullpen bar open during White Sox away games (drink & food specials, free parking for those that drive)

4. Change the split season package from the 27 game packages to a 20 game package (obviously one package would have to be 21). When I was living in Detroit this is what they did and a lot of co-workers purchased the package.

5. Keep the patio party area open during the entire game. This would be great during April, May, September and October.

Sincerely

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Brooks:

I just booked at Patio Party for May 28th. We have a total of 81 (as of now) coming to the park. You should offer 1 or 2 free tickets for the person that coordinates the effort. I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time coordinating the event and I will have more to do (receive & cash checks, get tickets to the group, etc).

Another suggestion would be that an individual could plan the event, send out a hyper link to their group, and people can respond to the link, pay online and pick up their tickets at will call. This would take a lot of work out of the event coordinator.

Just a thought.

soxnut
05-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Before I got his email address, I sent him a 3 page letter last week.

In regards to that letter, I mentioned, the Metra Stop, the BP bar being open more, a different ways to use the broadcast as an advertising tool, a White Sox cd, going out to the neighborhoods and doing some promotions, having ethnic nights again---work with local leaders of the ethnic communities to promote their "special night", more value packages, and some other unique merchandising opportunities.

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Brooks:

I just booked at Patio Party for May 28th. We have a total of 81 (as of now) coming to the park. You should offer 1 or 2 free tickets for the person that coordinates the effort. I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time coordinating the event and I will have more to do (receive & cash checks, get tickets to the group, etc).

Another suggestion would be that an individual could plan the event, send out a hyper link to their group, and people can respond to the link, pay online and pick up their tickets at will call. This would take a lot of work out of the event coordinator.

Just a thought.

The sox already reward group leaders with free tix. If you order more than 50, you get other goodies, like programs and media guides. As for the net group programs, I think they are emulating the bulls with cliktix. You wont be able to accept payments, but you can forward tix electronically. But patio tix may be teh exception.
Gene

fledgedrallycap
05-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Reduced pricing for Parking for Wednesday & Thursday home games.

Reduced pricing for Upper Deck seating for Wednesday & Thursday home games.

Beer/Party Tents (Possibly build a more permanent fixture - not necessarily a bar, but a brick tent found in Public Parks) in the Parking Lot for all night & weekend games open both before and after the game for a couple hours.

Transportation Information: Provide consumers different options to access the park. I am a suburbanite and honestly don't know the city transpiration system (CTA, Buses). Possibly have shuttles on certain days.

More Nancy Faust organ playing and less mixed compilations played during the Sox games.

College/High-School Student Discounts

Corporate/Business Discounts: Day games played M-F, extend discounts to anyone who shows up with a tie, ID, uniform (have some fun with it)

Improved customer service with ticket collectors, ushers, police and parking attendants.

Have ALL ramps open after the game to allow for easier exiting closer to where one parked

Involve Hawk and other previous White Sox personalities at home games. Possibly have Hawk sing “Take me out to the Ball Game” where Harry Caray originated the concept.

I know it may be corny and heaven-forbid Cub-like, but reach out to celebrity Sox fans to do some promotional spots or ballpark appearances. In addition, utilize the Sox/Bulls ownership connection and do more cross marketing.

Bring Carlton Fisk back into the White Sox organization in any possible way (Probably reaching on that one!)

As someone who has studied marketing, perception is probably the tallest hurdle for the White Sox as an organization to address. There is an extremely false belief regarding Chicago’s Southside neighborhoods, with terms such as depressed, ghetto, run-down, and bad-neighborhood used to describe the area. Your successor did not do a single thing to my knowledge in an attempt to correct this image. Fortunately, this issue may be working itself out to some capacity in the form of revitalization occurring right now. However, there may be a few things that can be done with assistance from the city to “beatify” the surrounding streets, ramps, etc. Similarly to what occurred on the Westside prior to the Democratic National Convention.

Another thought, although I must admit improvement this season, is the availability and presence of White Sox personalities. Ozzie, Kenny, and Mr. Reinsdorf are regulars on radio and television. However, the players and announcers should still be more accessible to the media for interviews and this could be a large reason why the White Sox lack a major media representative.

With all that said, I love the White Sox and attending U.S. Cellular Field. I know this sounds insanely simple, but a winning team heals all attendance wounds and “people will come” if a World Series trophy resides at 35th and Shields..

haganaga
05-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Hello,

I noticed on a White Sox fan site that you were open to suggestions on ways to improve the fan experience at Sox games. At every home game, why not offer someone in the upper deck the opportunity to sing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” from one of the broadcast booths during the 7th Inning Stretch?. Now this doesn’t need to be televised (actually, I think most Sox fans would prefer if it wasn’t), but it would make the “stretch” more interesting to those at the game as well as potentially get more people to buy upper deck tickets.

There are many ways to select the individual. One would be to announce the winning seat number during a specified inning (obviously making sure the seat was sold and that someone is sitting there). Another could be to find the person using the Diamond Vision screen like the Kiss-Cam during the middle of an inning and stopping on the person then saying, “Congratulations. We’ll see you again during the 7th Inning Stretch.”

While this isn’t exactly an earth-shattering idea that’s going to boost attendance immediately, it could be something nice that the fans would have. Personally I think the talk-value of this could be great. Anyway, if you could please consider this as an option and give me any feedback you may have, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
The sox already reward group leaders with free tix. If you order more than 50, you get other goodies, like programs and media guides. As for the net group programs, I think they are emulating the bulls with cliktix. You wont be able to accept payments, but you can forward tix electronically. But patio tix may be teh exception.
Gene

Do you know this for a fact? I ask because nothing was mentioned to me when I ordered my Patio Party for May 28th. Also, I'm a split season ticket holder so I get all the little stuff (bobble heads, media guide, etc.)

I checked their web site, but did not see anything.

Cellview22
05-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by haganaga
Hello,

I noticed on a White Sox fan site that you were open to suggestions on ways to improve the fan experience at Sox games. At every home game, why not offer someone in the upper deck the opportunity to sing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” from one of the broadcast booths during the 7th Inning Stretch?. Now this doesn’t need to be televised (actually, I think most Sox fans would prefer if it wasn’t), but it would make the “stretch” more interesting to those at the game as well as potentially get more people to buy upper deck tickets.

There are many ways to select the individual. One would be to announce the winning seat number during a specified inning (obviously making sure the seat was sold and that someone is sitting there). Another could be to find the person using the Diamond Vision screen like the Kiss-Cam during the middle of an inning and stopping on the person then saying, “Congratulations. We’ll see you again during the 7th Inning Stretch.”

While this isn’t exactly an earth-shattering idea that’s going to boost attendance immediately, it could be something nice that the fans would have. Personally I think the talk-value of this could be great. Anyway, if you could please consider this as an option and give me any feedback you may have, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

That might be fun for some fans, but me personally, if this EVER came into play, I'd be PARANOID to even get within a block of the Cell during game days.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Posting for a friend that sent in an email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response to the suggestion box, I would like to see more use of the jumbo tron. There are many close or exciting plays during the game, but you very rarely see them on replay. If you were watching the game at home, they show some of these plays over and over. If you go to the game, you only get to see it once. The only plays I see on replay are if the sox hit a home run or score a run in general.

Also, I was very disappointed with not being able to get Sox/Cub tickets. I go to the games every year, but this year I saw you were not selling them at single game prices. I don't make lots of money to buy season tickets so I must choose my games wisely to go to. Last year I was at all three games and the previous years I have gone to at least 2 of the 3 games against the Cubs. Now I must watch the series on my couch!:(

Lastly, for future ballpark renovations, I would like to see some type of upper deck in right or left field like the old ballpark. I think people would really enjoy sitting up there. I could remember those roof-top homers from Fisk, Lewzinksi, and the like.

I went to the Yankees series and I am going to the Minnesota game this Saturday.

Go Sox Go!

Jerko
05-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Do you know this for a fact? I ask because nothing was mentioned to me when I ordered my Patio Party for May 28th. Also, I'm a split season ticket holder so I get all the little stuff (bobble heads, media guide, etc.)

I checked their web site, but did not see anything.

Every time I've run a group outing/patio party, I got 2 free tix (UD, non cub game only).

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Every time I've run a group outing/patio party, I got 2 free tix (UD, non cub game only).

Thanks! Time to call my ticket rep. Planning these patio parties is a lot of work, at least it is for a good cause.

Jerko
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks! Time to call my ticket rep. Planning these patio parties is a lot of work, at least it is for a good cause.

Your ticket rep MAY forward you to a "group sales" person; I haven't run a party yet with my current rep but my old rep always forwarded me. Once I got the tix AT the actual party, they walk to each group, ask for the leader, and give you an envelope. Like I said, this was last season so they may do it differently now.

dllrbll7
05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Posting for a friend that sent in an email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response to the suggestion box, I would like to see more use of the jumbo tron. There are many close or exciting plays during the game, but you very rarely see them on replay. If you were watching the game at home, they show some of these plays over and over. If you go to the game, you only get to see it once. The only plays I see on replay are if the sox hit a home run or score a run in general.

Also, I was very disappointed with not being able to get Sox/Cub tickets. I go to the games every year, but this year I saw you were not selling them at single game prices. I don't make lots of money to buy season tickets so I must choose my games wisely to go to. Last year I was at all three games and the previous years I have gone to at least 2 of the 3 games against the Cubs. Now I must watch the series on my couch!:(

THe reason for the lack of replays on close plays is due to the respect for the umps. If the replay gives a different outcome for a certain play u dont want the crowd to get all pissed over a play. It could definately turn things ugly real quick.

The tickets for the cubs/sox series have nothing to do with marketing, its just a matter of the amount of tickets available. After all the starting 9's, season tickets and group tickets there just arent enough left over with the reduced capacity. Even in previous years its been very hard to come by seats too. My suggestion is to get the starting 9.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Has anyone gotten a respone yet? If so, what was it like. I just sent an email about student discounts.

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
Has anyone gotten a respone yet? If so, what was it like. I just sent an email about student discounts.

Nothing yet. I do have another suggestion. Has anyone noticed how packed the bleacher section gets during warm nights (Section 160-163)?

The Sox should have a similar section in right center field.

1. The tickets are lower priced
2. You aren't confined to a single seat (more like college football/high school football seating)
3. Home Run Alley
4. Always a great, fun crowd

Thoughts?

BeerHandle
05-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Brooks:

Great win!

I have another idea. Being a split season ticket holder in section 161, row 2 (Hit & Run), I get to see 2/3 of the home games on TV and 1/3 in my seats. I have noticed during the past four years (the amount of time I have had my tickets), that the bleacher section (Section 160-163) is always the most filled in the outfield. I strongly feel that the Sox should have a similar section in right center field. I will outline why I feel this way below.

2. You aren't confined to a single seat (more like college football/high school football seating)
3. Home Run Alley
5. Great seats
6. Access to the concourse
7. Close the action
8. SECTION IS FILLED WITH FANS THAT CARE WHO ARE ON A BUDGET

I believe the Sox could make up the difference in the price of the current seats in right center field by All-star break if they removed the existing seats and replaced them with bleacher style seats. Not only that, but if you have fans in the park they spend money on concessions.

Thoughts?

ewokpelts
05-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Nothing yet. I do have another suggestion. Has anyone noticed how packed the bleacher section gets during warm nights (Section 160-163)?

The Sox should have a similar section in right center field.

3. Home Run Alley

Thoughts?

bleachers are assigned seating.

ewokpelts
05-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Brooks:

Great win!

I have another idea. Being a split season ticket holder in section 161, row 2 (Hit & Run), I get to see 2/3 of the home games on TV and 1/3 in my seats. I have noticed during the past four years (the amount of time I have had my tickets), that the bleacher section (Section 160-163) is always the most filled in the outfield. I strongly feel that the Sox should have a similar section in right center field. I will outline why I feel this way below.

3. Home Run Alley
5. Great seats
7. Close the action

I believe the Sox could make up the difference in the price of the current seats in right center field by All-star break if they removed the existing seats and replaced them with bleacher style seats. Not only that, but if you have fans in the park they spend money on concessions.

Thoughts?
you want them to LOWER ticket prices in a section that [people will pay MORE for?
Ur on crack.
Gene

dllrbll7
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Brooks:

Great win!

3. Home Run Alley
5. Great seats
7. Close the action

Thoughts?

When the park first opened the whole outfield was alomst bleachers. During the renovation phases they have replaced them with actual seats. Its not like its that much cheaper, i think its like $2-4 or something. I am definately willing to pay that to get actual seats and not sit on a bench

Mickster
05-12-2004, 12:08 PM
How about FREE BEER to season ticket holders ala NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning?

Here is the LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-lightning-freebeer&prov=ap&type=lgns). Unbelievable!

SSN721
05-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mickster

Here is the LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-lightning-freebeer&prov=ap&type=lgns). Unbelievable!

Is that supposed to be in teal? I think that would be a horrible and very dangerous idea. I just thinking letting people have unlimited beer would be quite irresponsible and only lead to more fighting and perhaps injuries and accidents after leaving the park commuting home, either on the train or driving. I would be really suprised if the Lightning dont get seriously bashed for this idea, I personally think it is a very bad idea.

Mickster
05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
Is that supposed to be in teal? I think that would be a horrible and very dangerous idea. I just thinking letting people have unlimited beer would be quite irresponsible and only lead to more fighting and perhaps injuries and accidents after leaving the park commuting home, either on the train or driving. I would be really suprised if the Lightning dont get seriously bashed for this idea, I personally think it is a very bad idea.

Definately should have been in Teal. My bad. I found their "gimmick" unbelievable.....

SSN721
05-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Definately should have been in Teal. My bad. I found their "gimmick" unbelievable.....

Ah I see, sorry, my bad, didnt mean to sound all preachy there and flip out. Figured that is what you meant. :D:

joecrede
05-12-2004, 12:54 PM
This might be somewhat of an insignificant story, but it gives me reason for hope that Boyer will change the perception of the Sox.

I was outside Gate 4 last night for quite a bit after the game and Boyer was out there, he looked to be observing the staff, etc... (he was all over the place).

Anyway, there was a bus that had been loading people (the people looked to be disabled, but not sure) and blocking cars from exiting the lot. It was going on 5 minutes now, the bus was just sitting there not loading anyone and the line of cars behind it was huge. Boyer goes up to the bus, knocked on the door, shook the driver's hand, said something to him, the driver pulls the bus to the side allowing the cars behind it to exit the lot.

Simple common sense administered in a cordial way. Something not seen much over there under Gallas.

ewokpelts
05-12-2004, 01:12 PM

but that's for season ticket holders...the guys that plunk down LOTS of money in october or november. If it's done right( limit 2 or 3 a game) it'd be very successful.
Gene

BigFrankFan
05-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Believe it or not I've used that address in the past.
One of my suggestions was the old-fashioned roof.

Either coincidence or they took my adivce. You decide. :smile:

fledgedrallycap
05-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I heard back from the White Sox:

Jeff,

I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the season of White Sox
Baseball.

Since beginning my role with the team, I have had the opportunity to
hear from many Sox fans regarding their feelings about the team, the
latest changes to the ballpark and the ballpark experience.

Your feedback, both positive and negative, is a valuable tool that
allows us to provide the best possible experience for Sox fans at U.S.
Cellular Field.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your suggestions,
observations and comments. I know our fans are passionate about this
team, and we do not take your passion for granted. Every time you come
to U.S. Cellular Field, I hope your experience is enjoyable and, most
importantly, I hope you have fun. At its core, that is what coming to a
White Sox game is all about.

Again, thanks for the input.

GO SOX!

Brooks Boyer
Vice President, Marketing
Chicago White Sox

Although it seems rather standard, a lot of small steps are going along way with this guy. Just reaching out and letting you know someone read my e-mail at least makes me want to possibly send a follow-up at some point....

Dadawg_77
05-12-2004, 04:16 PM

Wouldn't be bad if they limited it to one beer per game.

BigFrankFan
05-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I heard back from the White Sox:

Although it seems rather standard, a lot of small steps are going along way with this guy. Just reaching out and letting you know someone read my e-mail at least makes me want to possibly send a follow-up at some point....

Can you do something insturmental for us here at WSI?
Can you get Boyer to agree to read a single thread here at WSI devoted to suggestions? I think that would go a long way to establishing a personal relationship with WSI fans & help ease the time he needs to spend in reading through them. He could even have his secretary print out the new ones weekly. Make it a sticky so they can get to it from the front page.

BigFrankFan
05-15-2004, 12:39 PM
A group of friends & I were talking about this yesterday after the game & we think the SOX need to do much more to bring back the community fan base. For individual game sales only any one who purchases a ticket with either a state ID or credit card with an address in the 60616 zip code gets a discount.

The thinking here is that the people most likely to frequent the ball park all season long are those that live the closest to it. I'm not sure where the zip boundaries lie but you definitely want to include Chinatown, IIT campus, & Bridgeport.

iwannago
05-15-2004, 01:46 PM
HERE IT IS!

From my ticket rep...............

GREAT IDEAS!
Brooks Boyer, the White Sox new vice president of marketing, is looking for your ideas! What would you like to see during your next trip to U.S. Cellular Field? Let us know! E-mail whitesoxbaseball@whitesox.mlb.com with your suggestions.
E-mail whitesoxbaseball@whitesox.mlb.com here>> http://lists.mlb.com/u/429766/9449549

He's paid to do the job give him some time to do it. Don't forget the Bulls have had great attendence the last five years with a lousy team and NBA tickets cost more.

BeerHandle
05-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Brooks:

I have come up with another idea. If you are not aware, www.whitesoxinteractive.com is one of the most active White Sox fan web sites. It has received coverage in the Red Eye, Tribune, CLTV, the Score, AM 1000 and has been mentioned regularly by Dave Wills. I suggest that the White Sox organization partner with the fan site for some interviews and Q&A sessions where fans can submit questions for KW and others in the organization. Then you could select X amount a week you could have answered and have them posted. ESPN does this on their site with baseball players, GM’s and Owners.

Many on WSI were extremely impressed when it was made known that Schilling regularly posts on the Boston Fan Site. Wouldn’t it be great if a few Sox players did the same? I believe the Sox organization needs some grass roots marketing/PR. With a degree in Public Relations, I believe this could make a great impact!

Good luck and Go Sox!