PDA

View Full Version : Mike North on Score RIPPING Media Coverage


Hangar18
05-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Hes doing a good job, hes LAMBASTING the MEDIA and certain people at his own station for covering up this crime. He says Certain Media Types are saying when is the Individual responsible when this IN FACT a problem and SAYING the SOX are being unfairly blamed for this (regarding SunTimes saying "soxfan" shot) He said papers are "spineless".

Coincidence that today, theres a "cubbyFluff" article detailing having a Good time at Wrigley suddenly?

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 02:48 PM
NORTH now ripping on why MEDIA isnt reporting Crime in BOTH neighborhoods .......... "darling cubs play in a safer area" is bs.
hes furious. awesome

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Mentioning how this incident being lumped in with the Ligue incident, why arent they talking about fan that attacked Randy Myers, or Fans that took Dodger player hats and ran into stands
(temember the Video of Dozens of other fans then taking part in the brawl and showering Dodger players with beer) or how
those 4 guys were all cub fans from wrigley that ran the field.
hes right.

Tekijawa
05-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Lickrish34@aol.com Must be filling up right now!!!

Wonder if the SCORE will be workingn with the Sox anytime soon?

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Lickrish34@aol.com Must be filling up right now!!!

Wonder if the SCORE will be workingn with the Sox anytime soon?

I have a feeling the Sox will move over to the Score when their contract is up.

1. Score at Spring Training
2. KW & JR on the Score multiple times
3. Marrioti on AM 1000

Enough said.

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 04:58 PM
That would be great, I love the score, I always use to listen to AM1000, but for some reson they get on mky nerves. Would they bring Rooney and framer along if they moved?? They better those guys are awesome

Randar68
05-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
That would be great, I love the score, I always use to listen to AM1000, but for some reson they get on mky nerves. Would they bring Rooney and framer along if they moved?? They better those guys are awesome

The team dictates the broadcast crew and likely the pre/post-game host(s) as well.

Hondo
05-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I'd like to see them bring Willsy over. But I doubt that'd happen.

What would be nice is that Boers and Bernstein along with J Hood, and appearantly North is too.

Is it me or does it seem like a lot of the guys on 1000 don't schill like how you think they would for the Sox.

hose
05-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
That would be great, I love the score, I always use to listen to AM1000, but for some reson they get on mky nerves. Would they bring Rooney and framer along if they moved?? They better those guys are awesome


"take me with"
:wills

MRKARNO
05-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Lou Cannelis is on with North now and he wants everyone to know that he's a born and raised south-sider and a huge sox fan and to stop bothering him about a media coverage disparity because he's a huge sox fan

CubKilla
05-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hes doing a good job, hes LAMBASTING the MEDIA and certain people at his own station for covering up this crime. He says Certain Media Types are saying when is the Individual responsible when this IN FACT a problem and SAYING the SOX are being unfairly blamed for this (regarding SunTimes saying "soxfan" shot) He said papers are "spineless".

What a coincidence considering North was ripping Sox management and Sox fans a little over 2 weeks ago as "babies" and "whiners" due to our perceived bias of the Chicago media towards to Cubs. This guy is a complete sell-out and will say whatever the Co. he works for needs him to say. In this case, agree that there is a media slight in hopes the White Sox jump ship from AM1000 to AM670.

Grow a set North you freakin' tool!

StockdaleForVeep
05-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hes doing a good job, hes LAMBASTING the MEDIA and certain people at his own station for covering up this crime. He says Certain Media Types are saying when is the Individual responsible when this IN FACT a problem and SAYING the SOX are being unfairly blamed for this (regarding SunTimes saying "soxfan" shot) He said papers are "spineless".

Coincidence that today, theres a "cubbyFluff" article detailing having a Good time at Wrigley suddenly?

North is always a critic of the print media in chicago. A few months ago he went off on the cubune and i think maybe the sun times for claiming they had direct interview quotes for some athletes when they simply took it word for word off his show.

Vernam
05-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I have a feeling the Sox will move over to the Score when their contract is up.

1. Score at Spring Training
2. KW & JR on the Score multiple times
3. Marrioti on AM 1000

Enough said.

Good call. There seems to be a real mating dance underway. Did you hear the AM 1000 afternoon guys complain during the Yankees series last month that the Sox hadn't allowed them to broadcast from the press box? And not long after, JR was getting chummy w/ Mike North.

Has anyone confirmed that JR's diminished leverage w/ the post-Jordan Bulls could result in WGN-TV's pulling the plug on the Sox? The ratings must be just brutal in comparison to whatever infomericial they'd rather put on in between Flub games. Now that broadcast signal strength is virtually irrelevant, they should return to WSNS like the old days, Falstaff commercials and all. 8^)

Anyone catch the tantalizing clip of '74 Sox w/ Hermann jacking an HR at Briggs Stadium, Wilbah closing out an extra-inning two-hitter w/ a grounder to third -- Melton to Allen at first. Heaven! Someone needs to cut lose w/ those tapes. I'd kill to see Allen's HR into the CF bleachers. About the only way to get those games at the time was if you had a serious rooftop antenna.

VC

Lip Man 1
05-11-2004, 11:00 AM
VC:

Allen's blast landed about ten feet from me. I was in the bleachers with Harry that day. If you want to hear the audio of that shot and other classic Allen moments go to the main page of WSI click on the link entitled AUDIO MEMORIES and then click on the story called Sox Of The Wild 70's.

I think you'll enjoy it.

Lip

Vernam
05-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
VC:

Allen's blast landed about ten feet from me. I was in the bleachers with Harry that day. If you want to hear the audio of that shot and other classic Allen moments go to the main page of WSI click on the link entitled AUDIO MEMORIES and then click on the story called Sox Of The Wild 70's.

I think you'll enjoy it.

Lip

Thanks, Lip!!! Priceless stuff. Can't get enough of the red pinstripe era. If they'd kept Allen, Melton and Henderson healthy, who knows what could've happened.

It was odd hearing Harry again from before he'd become such an icon or caricature, depending on your persuasion. ;^) I have to admit he made some pretty dreary seasons nearly tolerable, though I'll never forgive him and Pearsall for souring the fans on LaRussa.

I can't help editorializing!

Vernam :gulp:

34 Inch Stick
05-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Lou Cannelis is on with North now and he wants everyone to know that he's a born and raised south-sider and a huge sox fan and to stop bothering him about a media coverage disparity because he's a huge sox fan

It may be shocking to Lou but very few people even knew he was doing sports anymore.