PDA

View Full Version : Mike Greenberg is a Sox fan

skottyj242
05-10-2004, 03:40 PM
On my way to work every morning I tune into the flagship to listen to Mike and Mike. Greenberg is definately a Sox fan and he's trying to convert Golic too. I don't know if this has been mentioned on this board before but it's nice to have some national exposure once in a while.

jabrch
05-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
On my way to work every morning I tune into the flagship to listen to Mike and Mike. Greenberg is definately a Sox fan and he's trying to convert Golic too. I don't know if this has been mentioned on this board before but it's nice to have some national exposure once in a while.

Greenberg is a Yankee fan. Born and bread in NY. His few years in Chicago might have helped him to build a realistic view of the Sox.

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Greenberg needs to tell the world theres a MEDIA BIAS FAVORING the cubs here ......... and the media will stop at nothing to make them look good and the sox bad.

Brian26
05-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Greenie was riding the Sox train in 2000 too, and Golic is a huge Indians fan. Greenie went to a ton of scrubs games when he was at school in Evanston, so it's good to see he became a Sox fan.

jackbrohamer
05-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Who's Mike Greenberg, was he that idiot that used to be on CLTV a few years ago? If so I've never heard him say much positive about the Sox

SSN721
05-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Who's Mike Greenberg, was he that idiot that used to be on CLTV a few years ago? If so I've never heard him say much positive about the Sox

Thats the same Mike. I would say he is more of an Ozzie Guillien fan then a Sox fan. It is nice to hear him bring them up a lot but I would say he talks equally about both clubs. ANd his last remote (granted it was in Wrigleyville for the Cubs opener) it was definitely a Cubbie slanted broadcast. But all in all he seems even keeled about it, I just wouldnt call him a SOx fan.