PDA

View Full Version : Harris

soxrme
05-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Is it just me or should Harris have fielded about three of those base hits yesterday. He seems to be out of position or not reacting quickly enough. Maybe it was because of the artificial turf but he looked lost.
Konerko should be batting 8th or 9th if we are going to play him. I would like to see Gload play for a week straight and sit Paulie for awhile.
What do you guys think about switching Lee and Valentin in the batting order? I liked him hitting second and Valentin is not your
great bat control guy anymore.

Jerko
05-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
Is it just me or should Harris have fielded about three of those base hits yesterday. He seems to be out of position or not reacting quickly enough. Maybe it was because of the artificial turf but he looked lost.
Konerko should be batting 8th or 9th if we are going to play him. I would like to see Gload play for a week straight and sit Paulie for awhile.
What do you guys think about switching Lee and Valentin in the batting order? I liked him hitting second and Valentin is not your

Everybody is talkin about too many righties in a row, switching Lee and Valentin would alleviate that a little too. I am not crazy about seeing Gload every day, and Frank IS gonna play first in interleague play, so how about Uribe at short, Harris stays at 2nd, Valentin DH's and Thomas at first? I know that's not gonna be an "everyday" lineup but at least try it a couple of times so you're not going into that Florida series "cold".

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 10:10 AM

Harris is not a great second baseman. He's very average. I think he should play center and occasionally play second with Uribe at short whenever we see a lefty starter. If you just look at stats against righties Jose was one of the best shortstops in the league the last few years. Overall, I know it's a different story, but we have the opportunity to only use Jose in his best role because of the surplus of capable middle infielders.

Lee hit well in the number two spot last year, but I'd rather give him some time off here and hope he comes back in the 5 hole. I like Valentin batting seventh because it gives us some power at the bottom and he can get something going. I would never put him 5th.

mdep524
05-10-2004, 10:57 AM

At the beginning of the year, I thought Willie was going to be a solid defensive 2B. He hasn't been terrible, but his range and hands have been surprisingly bad. It's almost like watching D'Angelo Jiminez out there. Seems like his hitting is coming around though.