PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Major Announcement Coming...

Rocky Soprano
05-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Yesterday on WGN Instant Replay, they had a segment on new Sox marketing director Brooks Boyer. At the end of the segment they said "and Boyer tells us to expect a MAJOR announcement to come from the Sox soon."

Anyone else see this?

I wonder what it could be...

thepaulbowski
05-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Yesterday on WGN Instant Replay, they had a segment on new Sox marketing director Brooks Boyer. At the end of the segment they said "and Boyer tells us to expect a MAJOR announcement to come from the Sox soon."

Anyone else see this?

New ownership.

WinningUgly!
05-10-2004, 10:43 AM

Anyone else see this?

He finally has his email address set up. :)

DrCrawdad
05-10-2004, 10:45 AM

Anyone else see this?

Upper Deck ticket prices cut in half and concessions 25% less than the lower deck.

It will probably be the final phase of the renovations with the new right-field home-run porch.

SEALgep
05-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Kelly Wunsch will finally be optioned to Charlotte. :D:

Rocky Soprano
05-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Upper Deck ticket prices cut in half and concessions 25% less than the lower deck.

It will probably be the final phase of the renovations with the new right-field home-run porch.

I was hoping that it would be the signing of Maggs but your guess is more realistic.

Bobby Thigpen
05-10-2004, 10:47 AM
That they've traded Danny Wright, Aaron Rowand, and a bag of baseballs for Randy Johnson, Carlos Beltran, Eric Gagne, and green seats

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
That they've traded Danny Wright, Aaron Rowand, and a bag of baseballs for Randy Johnson, Carlos Beltran, Eric Gagne, and green seats

What is everyone's obsession with green sets for God's sake!!!

SOrry off thread topice, but I am sick of hearing it

Maybe they will announce the are building a little league fiels in the suburbs so that we can win some more games, and fill up the two sets of bleachers that it will have!!

ChiSox14305635
05-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen

The seats at Old Comiskey were green if I'm not mistaken.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Are we finally getting Ritchie back?

It's been way too long. Welcome home.

ChiSox14305635
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
The previous post was in response to DaveIsHere's question.

soxnut
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

The shade of blue is awful. It looks terrible and uninviting on tv. Just look at SkyDome. It also looks awful because the seats are empty, the seats are empty because they look awful.(besides a few other reasons the seats are empty) :(:

soxnut
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM

I emailed Dan Polvere about when they planned on announcing Phase V and he did say this summer. But this seems kind of soon....ya never know. :?:

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 10:56 AM
OK I have figured it out, Sox fans are anal retentive and are like the stuck up girls in high school. The complain about everything from the color of the seats to the upper deck to the cubs blah blah blah, The Seat wouldnt look blue if you people were sitting in them, which you will when this announcement comes

They are bringing back Baldwin and Mike Sirotka, and Pete Rose is going to play when Selig relieves the ban,

Actually, I wouldnt get too excited you all know it will be something stupid, like a bring your hamster to the game day.

soxnut
05-10-2004, 11:08 AM

Actually, I wouldnt get too excited you all know it will be something stupid, like a bring your hamster to the game day.

Hey whattaya know..perfect example of "defeatest attitude"....thanks. :smile:

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 11:11 AM
I hope that they Do SOMETHING with the LF concourse, Like putting Year-round old-fashioned buildings out there.
and Take down those God-Awful giant billboards ........ somebody can be a bit more creative

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by soxnut

Actually it is just my way on not getting my hopes up, even though there are, Maybe President Bush is going to thow out the first pitch in front of all 12000 of us this week.

I also hear that they will have to decide something with Wunsch, I will be pretty Ticked if the dump him.

surfdudes
05-10-2004, 11:20 AM

Anyone else see this?

Reactivating H. Baines for some DH duty and trading Koch to the Tijuana Municipal League for a dozen mini Tacos

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 11:21 AM
The shade of blue is awful. It looks terrible and uninviting on tv. Just look at SkyDome. It also looks awful because the seats are empty, the seats are empty because they look awful.(besides a few other reasons the seats are empty) :(:

I would hope they're not just going to make the park interactive for kids and not do anything else to the structure of the ball park. The outfield area looks terrible with all those scoreboards and it would look better with green seats. A lot of the current ones are rusty anyway. They need to put up an extra seating level on each side to get rid of at least the two billboards by the poles. Maybe the porch in right and a building in the left field corner that hangs over the concourse. If they did these things, the park would be just awesome. Right now it's beautiful behind home plate and an eyesore beyond the outfield.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I hope that they Do SOMETHING with the LF concourse, Like putting Year-round old-fashioned buildings out there.
and Take down those God-Awful giant billboards ........ somebody can be a bit more creative

get rid of giant billboard, don't put buildings. no ferris wheel. put some open air courtyard with statues, momuments, maybe some grassy knoll with trees for shade so people can chill on it with blankets. something really unique

soxnut
05-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Actually it is just my way on not getting my hopes up, even though there are, Maybe President Bush is going to thow out the first pitch in front of all 12000 of us this week.

I also hear that they will have to decide something with Wunsch, I will be pretty Ticked if the dump him.

Hey I understand about not getting your hopes up, sometimes I am the same way about that. But ya know, that kind of thinking has gotten me nowhere, so the more I can point it out, the more I can point it out in my own life.....ok enough of this Dr. Phil crap..........

I wouldn't mind letting go of Wunsch, even though I do like him....if they got something that is going to help the Sox........... now.

soxnut
05-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

LEAVE THE BILLBOARDS ALONE....THEY NEVER DID ANYTHING TO YOU :angry: :D:

CHISOXFAN13
05-10-2004, 11:35 AM
I know a lot of people have adfvocated opening up the Bullpen Bar on away game days.

I, for one, am hoping this might be the announcement.

SSN721
05-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I know a lot of people have adfvocated opening up the Bullpen Bar on away game days.

My only problem with that, is if that is a major announcement, what would a minor announcement be? Obviously the organization would consider that a big move if that is a major announcement, I hope not.

soxnut
05-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I would hope they're not just going to make the park interactive for kids and not do anything else to the structure of the ball park. The outfield area looks terrible with all those scoreboards and it would look better with green seats. A lot of the current ones are rusty anyway. They need to put up an extra seating level on each side to get rid of at least the two billboards by the poles. Maybe the porch in right and a building in the left field corner that hangs over the concourse. If they did these things, the park would be just awesome. Right now it's beautiful behind home plate and an eyesore beyond the outfield.

Hey those are great ideas. That's pretty much what they had on the HKS site that was quickly taken down. It would look awesome.

About the kids interactive stuff. I'm pretty sure that is coming, sonsidering we've heard that a few times. But if they do that, and they do the other stuff, they should use the building for some of the interactive. They should have it open all year--with a Sox Museum. And with that and the kids interactive stuff, they could let it be available for kids b-day parties---that could be fun for them and make them life-long Sox fans.

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
My only problem with that, is if that is a major announcement, what would a minor announcement be? Obviously the organization would consider that a big move if that is a major announcement, I hope not.

It's going to be something in the realm of Brooks' job...marketing or pr.
Gene

chidonez
05-10-2004, 11:45 AM
How about a big waterslide from the upper deck down into a pool behind left field! Or a stripclub. Gambling, anyone (with 1/2 the proceeds going to KW, the other 1/2 to the mayor)?

Seriously, it's not the park people. The billboards are welcome if it helps the team field better players. The seats are blue, which although not traditional, don't look that bad, especially on a nice sunny afternoon day. The Astrodome used to have orange seats.

Make it easier for families to attend games (transpo and pricing), put a good team on the field, respect tradition to an extent, and that's about all you can do. If the WS convince people that they are doing the best they can with what they have, how can an honest (wo)man not like that.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by chidonez
How about a big waterslide from the upper deck down into a pool behind left field! Or a stripclub. Gambling, anyone (with 1/2 the proceeds going to KW, the other 1/2 to the mayor)?

Seriously, it's not the park people. The billboards are welcome if it helps the team field better players. The seats are blue, which although not traditional, don't look that bad, especially on a nice sunny afternoon day. The Astrodome used to have orange seats.

Make it easier for families to attend games (transpo and pricing), put a good team on the field, respect tradition to an extent, and that's about all you can do. If the WS convince people that they are doing the best they can with what they have, how can an honest (wo)man not like that.

The billboards don't help us field better players, they help us field worse players because they detract mightily from the feel of the ballpark causing smaller crowds.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2004, 11:49 AM
ohh i can't wait to hear what the big announcement is!!!!
Maybe it's a mariotti replica that you can jack in the face.

maybe one of those huge balloon castles you have to take your shoes off when you go in and jump around and get all crazy

mdep524
05-10-2004, 11:53 AM

I really agree- I think it would be "cool" to make the park interactive for kids (and probably cheaper) but I reall think that is the poorest way to spend the remaining money. Sure its cutting edge and fan-friendly at all but seriously, is that going to get ANYONE who doesn't come to the park now to start coming? People don't go to Yankee Stadium or Wrigley Field to check their frickin' email. I think the money should go to the right field porch, the left field concourse building and/or green seats. If they do at least two of these three, we're really talking about a beautiful park.

thepaulbowski
05-10-2004, 11:53 AM
The billboards don't help us field better players, they help us field worse players because they detract mightily from the feel of the ballpark causing smaller crowds.

So, now people don't go to the park because of the billboards?? :?: Unbelievable.

Jerko
05-10-2004, 11:57 AM

Never gonna happen. The Sox don't even have a full staff working during day games, I can't see them paying people to work while they're on the road.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
So, now people don't go to the park because of the billboards?? :?: Unbelievable.

Not consciously, no. But it makes councourse look like an expressway on the way to O'Hare. There's no sense going halfway. They already did a fantastic job with the upper deck, now all the place needs is some character.

jlh0023
05-10-2004, 12:20 PM

SOrry off thread topice, but I am sick of hearing it

Agreed

wood28
05-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Isn't the radio contact with ESPN Radio up at the end of the year? JR has become pretty friendly with WSCR lately. Could they be jumping stations? If this is the case, would they announce it this early?

Or could it be the previouly mentioned, Jenny McCarthy Day??

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 12:44 PM

um....carlos lee dosent look at the billboard when he's making a play
Gene

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gene

well lately...... :D:

rahulsekhar
05-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by surfdudes
Reactivating H. Baines for some DH duty and trading Koch to the Tijuana Municipal League for a dozen mini Tacos

Mmmmmmmm....mini tacos....

And the best thing is, they generate slightly more "heat" than Koch is currently capable of!

bobj4400
05-10-2004, 12:49 PM

It may seem like a defeatist attitude, but is actually a realistic attitude.

Cellview22
05-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Blue seats? I love em..wouldn't want them any other color. Thank God they're not green like at Wrigley Field.

Billboards in LF? Awesome.. nothing to complain about. Every ballpark has em, why not embrace em.

Empty seats? Perfect.. Gives me plenty of room to stretch out when I'm at the game, and a huge selection of where I want to sit, also no lines at the restrooms and concession stands.

Small fanbase? So what.. it gives me the sense that the team and its fanbase are more intimate and special. We're the few priveledged who will be rewarded by a WS championship soon.

Increased ticket prices? Not a problem at all, especially when I have a Mastercard..

A $200 withdrawl at an ATM at the 35th Red Line Stop and a happy smiley face on a windy 35 degree day in October....

:)

PRICELESS!

MarqSox
05-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Never gonna happen. The Sox don't even have a full staff working during day games, I can't see them paying people to work while they're on the road.
They already keep the Hall of Fame gift shop open when the team is on the road. Besides, when has JR ever said no to making money? If the team could turn a profit by keeping the Bullpen Bar open all the time which they would, if they marketed it right why not explore it?

Either way, that won't be the announcement. Like Gene said, it'll be something tied to Boyer's job. What that is, I don't know, but a new radio deal would be my guess.

WSox8404
05-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Okay everyone, I know what the major announcement should be. "We, the White Sox organization, are in it to win." I mean in all honesty, who really would give a crap what the park looked like if they consistantly won? Not me. I wouldn't care if I had to sit in the corner of the old upper deck as long as they were winning. Take away all of the concessions, attractions, off the field stuff and I would still come if they were winning. It's time that the organization found this out. Because I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

We would still not sell out games even if we built an entirely new stadium, if we stunk. This is the bottom line. I just wish JR would realize this and stop coming up with ways to better the park. Put a winner on the field and they will come. I mean for God's sake, when the big stink about why fans aren't coming a few year ago was being talked about and the answer the media was giving was the ballpark, I laughed. I have so many friends and family that are Sox fans, and not one mentioned doing something with the park. Put a winner on the field, they said and that will increase attendance. I mean seriously, would you not go to Sox Park to see game 7 of the World Series because the upper deck was a little steep? Let's be realistic. Who gives a damn about the park as long as they are winning.

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 01:07 PM

If they reduced the prices during the aways games it would be great; however, I would not call it a "Big" annoucement.

Mickster
05-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Could the "Major Announcement" be the re-signing of Magglio? This would also play within the realm of public relations...

Should this be in DEEP PINK?

duke of dorwood
05-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Well, they have made space for additional track at and near the 35th St trestle of Metra. Maybe its that long awaited stop.

Jerko
05-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
If they reduced the prices during the aways games it would be great; however, I would not call it a "Big" annoucement.

The bullpen bar has been around long enough; if they were gonna open it during off days (and the off-season) they would have done so by now. I wish they would, it's a cool place to hang out, but I just don't see it.

mlink1
05-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Half-price upper deck tickets for all weekday games.

Half of something is more than nothing.

Lip Man 1
05-10-2004, 01:26 PM
It will be an announcement along the lines of PR / marketing.

My guess considering Boyer spent ten years with the Bulls is that for a game, Jordan, Pippen, Jackson and Rodman will all throw out the first pitches.

The best announcment would be new ownership but if and when that happens it'll be done very quietly at first.

Lip

Randar68
05-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It will be an announcement along the lines of PR / marketing.

My guess considering Boyer spent ten years with the Bulls is that for a game, Jordan, Pippen, Jackson and Rodman will all throw out the first pitches.

The best announcment would be new ownership but if and when that happens it'll be done very quietly at first.

Lip

I don't know how anyone could classify that as a "major announcement," Lip...

Tekijawa
05-10-2004, 01:50 PM
At the end of the segment they said "and Boyer tells us to expect a MAJOR announcement to come from the Sox soon."

He's stepping down because he just realized what he has gotten himself into

Randar68
05-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
He's stepping down because he just realized what he has gotten himself into

*****! Well done.

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 01:59 PM
When are the suppose to announce the hiring of Carlton Fisk as the official food tester for the stadium???

Reall when is this suppose to happen?

daveeym
05-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Announcement: The Sox are teaming up with WSI in an effort to respond to the fans concerns about the park and team.

Hangar18 will be hired as the teams new Media Attack Dawg. Any reporter looks cross eyed at Frank and Hangar will be all over them about why they haven't questioned shammy on his tacos for tots charities that turned into tacos for steroids.

Voodoochile will be hired as the new food services contractor and will be providing Bear Country pizza and pabst at all counters.

PHG will be roaming the concourses laying the smack down on all know it all drunk sox fans that rant incoherently throughout the games.

There will be a marketing survey of all WSI collegians on how to make the experience more entertaining. basedowyoda recommends personal taps in all seats near the bullpen bar and personal seat plasma screens that allow fans to surf the net and view compromising photos of Sox player's mistresses and groupies.

New PR director Boyer is quoted as saying, "Everybody loves a clown. The UC draws tremendous crowds when Ringling Bros. is in town. But WGN and Wrigley can keep Bozo and his drunken pals up on the northside while we turn US Cellular Field into the Greatest Show on Earth."

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by daveeym
Announcement: The Sox are teaming up with WSI in an effort to respond to the fans concerns about the park and team.

Hangar18 will be hired as the teams new Media Attack Dawg. Any reporter looks cross eyed at Frank and Hangar will be all over them about why they haven't questioned shammy on his tacos for tots charities that turned into tacos for steroids.

Voodoochile will be hired as the new food services contractor and will be providing Bear Country pizza and pabst at all counters.

PHG will be roaming the concourses laying the smack down on all know it all drunk sox fans that rant incoherently throughout the games.

There will be a marketing survey of all WSI collegians on how to make the experience more entertaining. basedowyoda recommends personal taps in all seats near the bullpen bar and personal seat plasma screens that allow fans to surf the net and view compromising photos of Sox player's mistresses and groupies.

New PR director Boyer is quoted as saying, "Everybody loves a clown. The UC draws tremendous crowds when Ringling Bros. is in town. But WGN and Wrigley can keep Bozo and his drunken pals up on the northside while we turn US Cellular Field into the Greatest Show on Earth."

The mere mention of PBR at the cell makes me want to get drunk...on pbr :gulp:
Gene

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Well, they have made space for additional track at and near the 35th St trestle of Metra. Maybe its that long awaited stop.
Only if your "ladyfriends" work at the station Duke.
Gene

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 02:26 PM
PHASE V
I was able to learn that one element for Phase V (work to begin following the 04 season) is farther along in the planning stage so it could be annouced around June. The other elements of Phase V may not be official until August. Therefore an announcement would not be made until August/Spetember. (this is when they have announced the Phases over the past few years).

poorme
05-10-2004, 02:29 PM
When can we expect Phase VI: Win World Series?

Bobby Thigpen
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I was actually joking about the green seats. That was why it was in teal. I don't understand the obsession either. For my money as long as I don't have to sit on the concrete, I don't care what color the seats are.

DaveIsHere
05-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Well.....when we find out what this "big" news is please start a new thread so I don't have to keep checking this one, thanks.

PINWHEELS
05-10-2004, 03:05 PM
They Will Unveil a Bronze Statue Of Andy the Clown Next to Charles Comiskey's! :o:

wood28
05-10-2004, 03:08 PM
They will let Nancy Faust actually play the organ between innings instead of the canned music

StillMissOzzie
05-10-2004, 03:47 PM

They are bringing back Baldwin and Mike Sirotka, and Pete Rose is going to play when Selig relieves the ban.

Actually, Baldwin just got called up with the Mets!

SMO

BeerHandle
05-10-2004, 04:08 PM
APPRENTICE IN TOWN
Chicago's own Bill Rancic, the winner of "The Apprentice"
reality-television show, will toss a ceremonial first pitch
prior to tomorrow night's 7:05 game against the Orioles!

Viva Magglio
05-10-2004, 04:49 PM
APPRENTICE IN TOWN
Chicago's own Bill Rancic, the winner of "The Apprentice"
reality-television show, will toss a ceremonial first pitch
prior to tomorrow night's 7:05 game against the Orioles!

Maybe he'll bring The Donald to the ballgame at which Bill's new boss will buy the team and tell Jerry Reinsdorf "You're fired."

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-10-2004, 05:04 PM
free parking. the ticket prices are fine. you can get into the stadium for $12 during the weekdays and $6 on half price night. That's a fair price now with the new upper deck reserve seating chart, but the parking is $16 and that's more than a ticket to get into the game!

santo=dorf
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by poorme
When can we expect Phase VI: Win World Series?

That's phase VII. Phase VI is getting :reinsy 's ass out of town.

Hondo
05-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Maybe they're rehashing the "Good Guys Wear Black" campaign

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by daveeym

Lol, i was actually for having "an adults only" section in which the groupies would troll the stands to "lift the spirits" of stressed out sox fans.

Gene, i was at the sat game against tampa bay and they actually do sell pbr at the concession stands

OEO Magglio
05-10-2004, 06:58 PM
The sox traded for Freddy Garcia.

wolcott10
05-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Michael Jordan is coming back to play for the Sox!

soxwon
05-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Andy the Clown and ribbie & roobarb are coming back

santo=dorf
05-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Cheeses_h_rice's preseason rumor comes true.

voodoochile
05-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Thread of the year, folks. You were killing me all the way through.

I was waiting for the Cheeses_thread reference...

chisox06
05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Sox are going to wear Spider Man tights (with mask of course) during the week of Spider Man 2 promotions.

SoxxoS
05-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I think we set a record for amount of teal and deeppink used in one thread... :smile:

DrummerGeorgefan
05-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by wood28
They will let Nancy Faust actually play the organ between innings instead of the canned music

Good call wood. I've gotten sick of hearing the same rehashed B96 and Mix crap during innnings. Nancy is the best in the league, let her do her thing.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Gene

That's good, because I never said he did in any way.

voodoochile
05-10-2004, 09:51 PM
That's good, because I never said he did in any way.

Maybe if they put up some Victoria Secret's ads on the walls then we would have an excuse the next time one sailed easily between Rowand and Lee and heck, at least half the audience would forget about the error real quickly when the ball smacked soundly off some cleavage...

Whitesox029
05-10-2004, 09:57 PM
I want it to be the Ordonez signing......we need to keep him around his whole career.

voodoochile
05-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
I want it to be the Ordonez signing......we need to keep him around his whole career.

:maggs
"What is this "Diminished Skills Clause" in my contract, Jerry?"

:reinsy
"Well, Magglio - can I call you Maggs?"

"well, you can, but I wish you wouldn't. By the way, when is my agent getting here? You did call him, right?"

"Of course we did my dear boy. He said that he is stuck in traffic, and will be here shortly. Now don't worry about that clause. It is only incase you start hitting like an 8 year old girl many years in the future. It is so unlikely that I will invoke it. Of course you really shouldn't sign it, but here's a pen."

"Are you sure I shouldn't talk this over with my agent?"

(starting to disappear)
"Of course not Maggs, You can trust me, why certainly you can. I am your best friend in the whole world" (continues fading until only the smile is left).

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maybe if they put up some Victoria Secret's ads on the walls then we would have an excuse the next time one sailed easily between Rowand and Lee and heck, at least half the audience would forget about the error real quickly when the ball smacked soundly off some cleavage...

http://www.tvfamosas.com/moda/laetitia_casta/fotos_laetitia_casta_030.jpg

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/maggs.jpg
"Dude, did she say anything about me."

RKMeibalane
05-10-2004, 11:06 PM
The Return of the Choice...

:hitless

"I'm back!"

:hurt :maggs

(in unison) "Oh, no..."

Viva Magglio
05-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Boyer appeared on the Score with "The Wise Guys" and mentioned that the White Sox are looking into working with Metra to establish a stop at USCF along the Southwest Service line which runs from Union Station to Orland Park.

Viva Magglio
05-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Return of the Choice...

:hitless

"I'm back!"

:hurt :maggs

(in unison) "Oh, no..."

Did anyone see Choice on TV this weekend? He looks like a woman with that hair!

batmanZoSo
05-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Viva Magglio
Boyer appeared on the Score with "The Wise Guys" and mentioned that the White Sox are looking into working with Metra to establish a stop at USCF along the Southwest Service line which runs from Union Station to Orland Park.

That would be great because it's a long drive from Orland. There are a lot of Sox fans in that area. It only took us 103 years to realize it.

WSox8404
05-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Hugh Hefner bought the team and now all vendors will be playmates. :)

ewokpelts
05-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
Lol, i was actually for having "an adults only" section in which the groupies would troll the stands to "lift the spirits" of stressed out sox fans.

Gene, i was at the sat game against tampa bay and they actually do sell pbr at the concession stands

Which stand? Beers of the world? or the bullpen Bar?
Gene

thepaulbowski
05-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Gene

I saw Pabst on tap at one of the concessions down the left field line (not Beers of the world). It maybe been Larussa's Pizza or something, don't remember. But it was fairly far down in LF.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Gene

It was at one of the Southside Grillmen where you get the dogs, nachos and everything else. I to saw it down leftfield line. I assume they have it other places as well...didn't really check. I hope to god they do, as the bar across the street has $1 pabst bottles every wed and i really grown a taste for it
~YODA

iwannago
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM

Their going to put the 6,600 seats back in the upper deck.

Whitesox029
05-14-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm tired of waiting, frankly. When is this announcement coming? Or am I so out of tune that it already came and went and wasn't a big deal?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
I'm tired of waiting, frankly. When is this announcement coming? Or am I so out of tune that it already came and went and wasn't a big deal?

Don't sweat it, 029. These speculative sorts of threads hardly ever get many posts or page views.
:smile:

tstrike2000
05-21-2004, 03:00 PM
There is no major announcement.

SEALgep
05-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey guys, a major announcement is coming! It's........chirp..chirp...chirp.................. ..chirp..chirp....................

Anytime now fellas, lol.

BeerHandle
05-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by tstrike2000

I asked my season ticket rep and she was not aware of a Major Annoucement at all. With that being said, I AGREE! THERE WILL NOT BE AN ANNOUCEMENT!

SoxxoS
05-21-2004, 04:06 PM
I asked my season ticket rep and she was not aware of a Major Annoucement at all. With that being said, I AGREE! THERE WILL NOT BE AN ANNOUCEMENT!

The big announcement is that there will not be a big announcement, so don't get your hopes up.

Baby Fisk
05-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
The big announcement is that there will not be a big announcement, so don't get your hopes up.
Then why the heck is New Guy Boyer out there stoking everyone's interest if there's no announcement coming? This organization is so weird. Yeah, I know, "News Flash", eh? :cool:

maurice
05-21-2004, 05:17 PM
The "big announcement" is that KW . . .

. . . just saved a lot of money on his car insurance by switching to GEICO.

sas1974
05-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by maurice

Hmmm....I heard it was that he just lowered his cholesterol.

Jerry_Manuel
05-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Then why the heck is New Guy Boyer out there stoking everyone's interest if there's no announcement coming? This organization is so weird. Yeah, I know, "News Flash", eh? :cool:

edit: I was wrong.

A.T. Money
05-21-2004, 06:34 PM
No news is good news.

A.T. Money
05-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by maurice

LOL! :D:

MRKARNO
05-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by tstrike2000

No! The major announcement is that they're fixing the upper deck to have a larger overhand and be 10 rows shorter. Plus they are going to change the fandeck up a bit....Oh wait

Well I think that it might have been that they are doing the new intros, having fireworks after the anthem (which I happen to like a lot) and the Bucket Boys (who I like at the Bulls games, but it seems out of place at a baseball game).

DaveGusinSeattle
05-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Parque is coming back as our fifth starter!!!

:bundy

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

ma_deuce
05-22-2004, 01:02 AM
The Big Announcement is...

...that this useless thread has garnered over 100 replies.

:tomatoaward

Joel Perez
05-22-2004, 10:27 PM
DaveGusinSeattle:

You should have said this bozo:

:jaime Heard you guyz are looking for Mambo #5!!!

:walk Can I come back too?

:glove Wait, I really CAN start...........

:bundy Oh the pain, the pain........

Wsoxmike59
05-23-2004, 10:31 AM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/images/2004/70s03.jpg

I think they're going to bring back the Soxettes! Although, the gals are all in their 50's right about now....I don't know if they'd go over too well with the 20 something's.

Ah what the heck, they're still younger than the ushers that can be found at Wrigley Field. :smile:

voodoochile
05-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Wsoxmike59

I think they're going to bring back the Soxettes! Although, the gals are all in their 50's right about now....I don't know if they'd go over too well with the 20 something's.

Ah what the heck, they're still younger than the ushers that can be found at Wrigley Field. :smile:

Just so long as they are wearing those go-go boots. :D: :o:

TornLabrum
05-23-2004, 03:56 PM

I know they'd go over well with us 50-somethings, though. Hubba, hubba!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just so long as they are wearing those go-go boots. :D: :o:

For the life of me I'll never understand why red go-go boots ever went out of style. There is a timeless beauty to them, not unlike short shorts.

:smile:

pythons007
05-26-2004, 04:29 PM
What are you talking about? Short shorts are awesome! Who wouldn't like to see a hot chick in a pair of those?!

Gammons Peter
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
I see a lot of empty BLUE seats in that picture

PaleHoseGeorge
05-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Gammons Peter

:giangreco
"Good one! You don't mind if I borrow that line for my 10:00 sportscast tonight?"

ewokpelts
05-27-2004, 02:44 PM

yes...i'd go to more games(without my girlfriend)
Gene

ode to veeck
05-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I'd love to get my wife one of those outfits ...

ode to veeck
05-27-2004, 02:53 PM

Aren't they actually green there?!

itsnotrequired
06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Bringing back a thread from over three years ago? Is that some kind of record?

BigLynn53
06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Post moved to this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88873).

DumpJerry
06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Bringing back a thread from over three years ago? Is that some kind of record?
It's also a no-no. Given the circumstances, I'll let it slide. This time. But I will close this thread and start a new one to avoid confusion.

TornLabrum
06-10-2007, 07:05 PM
It's also a no-no. Given the circumstances, I'll let it slide. This time. But I will close this thread and start a new one to avoid confusion.

Well, she was looking for pictures...and you can never get enough of those red go-go boots!

Still, it's best that this thread go back to the past before the hormones of us 50-somethings start raging.