PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5.10.04

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Mike Murphy had his chance to stand out as unbiased this morning.......and DIDNT. Predictably, he has completely IGNORED the media bias thats propogated by the Media and HIMSELF. He "baited" callers by asking what they thought of Rapoports column, calling for streets being closed to offset the problem, but NEVER talks about how the Media is STILL trying to cover up the Wrigleyville Menaces. Brian Hanley is a jackass, saying this wasnt a cubproblem, was isolated and a "traffic altercation". Segments of the media are still IGNORING the story, and some are still talking about it. Unfortuneately, Murph and the cubloving media segment are sweeping this under the rug. Murph has given the cubs way more (if you can believe that) time this morning than he normally does......breaking each game all weekend, talking about the doors in the outfield, pure rubbish. Hes clearly trying to BURN TIME and not talk about this. Fred his counterpart..........is POOR and a schmuck, hasnt interjected anything. Unfortuneately, the cubby defenders in the media now are backlashing the "coverage", and predicably this is getting covered up.......or at least feverishly attempting to be covered up.

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Cubune Sun/Monday:
10 cub stories
6 sox stories

Cub-Times Sun/Mnday:
7 cub stories
5 sox stories

Since Spring Training ...........

CUBS 583
SOX 392

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Mariottis column Sunday was OK. Ive called out Carol Slezak numeous times here for being propogandistic regarding the other team .........But her Article yesterday, as well as the one predicting something happening just 2 wks ago .......... Is Hard-Hitting. She deserves credit in a town full of Cubbieloving media fanatics, she is definitely a TrailBlazer. kudos to carol
and apologies from me for being sexist towards her, regarding women sportswriters.

Jerko
05-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Mariottis column Sunday was OK. Ive called out Carol Slezak numeous times here for being propogandistic regarding the other team .........But her Article yesterday, as well as the one predicting something happening just 2 wks ago .......... Is Hard-Hitting. She deserves credit in a town full of Cubbieloving media fanatics, she is definitely a TrailBlazer. kudos to carol
and apologies from me for being sexist towards her, regarding women sportswriters.

I give her credit for calling out the use of the phrase "it could have happened anywhere", which is all I heard whenever I turned the radio on over the weekend. That seems to make everything ok for some reason.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Brian Hanley is a jackass, saying this wasnt a cubproblem, was isolated and a "traffic altercation".

That's retarded. Then how come Bill Simonson's beating was a Sox problem? For one it happened even farther away from Comiskey than this incident did from the urinal, and two, Simonson's a jackass who probably had it coming.

Hangar18
05-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
That's retarded. Then how come Bill Simonson's beating was a Sox problem? For one it happened even farther away from Comiskey than this incident did from the urinal, and two, Simonson's a jackass who probably had it coming.

Also more ridiculous, was Farther away from the Park AND
12 hours after the game. I kept hearing cub fans calling in aand saying Hey, this was 2 hrs after the game .........

Street Assault + 4 blks from Park + 12 hrs after game= "Sox security problem" "wild sox fans in streets" Front Page Headlines, NewsTopic for weeks

Street Murder + Across Street from Park + 2 hrs after = "random problem", "isolated incident" "possible sox fan involved" Story Initially Covered-Up, NationalMedia Decries Coverage, Slowly being Swept under rug again.

Who said the Medias Not Biased?

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Also more ridiculous, was Farther away from the Park AND
12 hours after the game. I kept hearing cub fans calling in aand saying Hey, this was 2 hrs after the game .........

Street Assault + 4 blks from Park + 12 hrs after game= "Sox security problem" "wild sox fans in streets" Front Page Headlines, NewsTopic for weeks

Street Murder + Across Street from Park + 2 hrs after = "random problem", "isolated incident" "possible sox fan involved" Story Initially Covered-Up, NationalMedia Decries Coverage, Slowly being Swept under rug again.

Who said the Medias Not Biased?

Summed up beautifully. :)

And they were saying that gang was beating people up left and right for a long time. Simonson's probably a p---y who exaggerated one guy who whipped his ass into 10 guys so he could better explain his black eye.