PDA

View Full Version : Juan Gonzalez

CanOfCorn
05-10-2004, 02:00 AM
= a pleasure to watch in the outfield. Fenway's right field kicked his ass this weekend.

I don't know why I was even slightly scared when I heard the Royals signed him.

On another note....

There's a public service announcement on Missouri TV stations for bullying. The message is that child abuse leads to kids bullying kids, and that to stop bullying, the parents have to stop being mean.

The commercial starts with a dad shoving his kid to the floor. I'm saying all this because the dad is wearing a Cubs shirt. Not just a small logo -- obviously Cubs. Sure, I'm guessing this was a Cardinals fan's idea, but I appreciated it just the same.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
= a pleasure to watch in the outfield. Fenway's right field kicked his ass this weekend.

I don't know why I was even slightly scared when I heard the Royals signed him.

I never feared the Royals or his signing one iota. I thought if anything he would ruin the chemistry. As it turns out, they have no pitching whatsoever.

SoxxoS
05-10-2004, 02:04 AM
That would be awesome if we can get a still frame from that comercial...right before he pushes the kid. That would be absolutely hysterical.

CanOfCorn
05-10-2004, 02:08 AM
At the time of the Gonzalez signing, I thought, "Damn, good move for the price." And then I remembered that KC was pushing their fences 10 ft. back. And we all know how Juan handles a bigger field.

And I'll work on that still frame. It happens at the very beginning of the commercial, so it's tough, but I'll see what I can do.