PDA

View Full Version : Jon Rauch

Rex Hudler
05-09-2004, 09:03 PM
If I recall correctly, one of the posters here is a friend of Jon's so I have a question........

There are rumors flying around that he is headed for the bullpen in Charlotte. Do you have any insight as to why or what is going on with Jon? He has had some trouble going deep into games this year so far (then again, so have most of the Charlotte starters). Is there anything to that or just how they have been using their pitchers? He walked 5 in his last outing, yet has only walked 9 batters all year. Just an off night or is there something to be read into that?

I am confused as to what they may or may be doing with Jon. He seems to have pitched reasonably well, second only to Diaz in effectiveness amongst Charlotte's starters?

If there is information that could be shared, I would appreciate it as well as others, I am sure. If you don't feel comfortable discussing the info publicly, I can understand that too.

fsphog
05-10-2004, 05:34 AM
there were rumors, some mostly having to do with seeing if he raise his velocity by working out of the pen, but i dont think rauch is going to the pen, considering he is starting today. also - the 5 walks in his last outing were due to an extremely tight ump - the opposing pitcher for indy walked 7 or 8 in 5 innings. nothing to read into there.

Rex Hudler
05-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by fsphog
there were rumors, some mostly having to do with seeing if he raise his velocity by working out of the pen, but i dont think rauch is going to the pen, considering he is starting today. also - the 5 walks in his last outing were due to an extremely tight ump - the opposing pitcher for indy walked 7 or 8 in 5 innings. nothing to read into there.

good deal, thanks for your input.......

The move to the pen made no sense to me at all. You did mention about raising his velocity. Is it lower than it has been in the past at this point?