PDA

View Full Version : im very disappointed in Mags so far

habibharu
05-09-2004, 06:37 PM
i know that he has go good power numbers, but his avg. is not that great for a guy who wants 14 mil a year. also he has not been hitting in the clutch. and the outs he makes are very weakly hit balls, not liners. i thought that this guy would get off to a very good start in a contract year

dickallen15
05-09-2004, 06:40 PM
He is among the league leaders in RBI and HR. His average isn't horrible, he's just been going through a little bad streak. He'll pick it up again real soon.

CyYoung5621
05-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I have a lot of confidence he will come around soon.

batmanZoSo
05-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
i know that he has go good power numbers, but his avg. is not that great for a guy who wants 14 mil a year. also he has not been hitting in the clutch. and the outs he makes are very weakly hit balls, not liners. i thought that this guy would get off to a very good start in a contract year

He's making 14 million right now. No one has been hitting in the clutch. You can't underestimate the negative effect of Konerko and Lee doing nothing. Maggs was carrying us for a while. His slumps are never that bad. He's always a threat. Lee and Konerko are only threats to cost us the division.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-09-2004, 07:26 PM
he'll come around, sure. but will it matter if we're 14 games out of first? we need to stop acting like these guys are the yankees in a slump. The need to wake up from that slumber they've been in ever since the series at TB.

I have faith and i love maggs, but if we're not in contention get rid of his arse and save some money. I realize how crappy that sounds but if we're not in contention give some hot minor leaguers a chance to warm up in the bigs.

But that won't happen, we will be in contention and maggs and lee and frank and crede and konerko and jose will smack the cover off that ball to help out our pitching. right?

gosox41
05-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by habibharu

It's funny because a friend and I had a bet going on last season every time Magglio is up with a runner on 1B. Doesn't matter how many outs, but I'd alwways bet he'd hit a grounder to the SS. We stopped betting, but we still notice that this guy tends to that a ton.

Bob

SSN721
05-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
It's funny because a friend and I had a bet going on last season every time Magglio is up with a runner on 1B. Doesn't matter how many outs, but I'd alwways bet he'd hit a grounder to the SS. We stopped betting, but we still notice that this guy tends to that a ton.

Bob

I beleive he has only hit into 2 DPs this year. It just seems like he does this in games that we lose or look bad so it is magnified. I personally am not worried at tll. The whole club looks pretty horrible at this point, regardless of salaries or contract years. But they arent as bad a team as they look so I am still very confident they will turn it around quickly, it is still a very young season. :gulp:

Petch
05-10-2004, 08:48 AM
This year, we've been struggling with players like Koch, Willie (sometimes), Mark, a 5th starter, etc. I'm not really sure why you've decided to pick on the one guy who has been contributing all over the field. Let us recall the many times he has been a late-inning hero, already this season. He is one of the best outfielders in baseball and he definately deserves his "Guerrero money". If we lose Magglio, you know that every single one of us will be back on this site complaining about Kenny W being a moron, so don't fix it if its not broke.

jabrch
05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
he'll come around, sure. but will it matter if we're 14 games out of first?

It won't matter - but we aren't.