PDA

View Full Version : Todays postgame report!

joeynach
05-09-2004, 03:59 PM
While listening to the postgame report on FSN the guys highlighted some pretty pathetic characteristics of this team. Not only have we not scored any runs over the past 6 games, averaging about 3. But we are not playing in sync. Our hitting is absolutly horrid. We stoped running and being agressive on the basepaths, stopped just trying to make contact. Lee, Konerko, and Rowand all look lost at the plate. Maggs isn't driving the ball at all. To me Maggs and Lee look like they are stepping the bucket bigtime having then to relay on muscling to the ball the get a hit. What is this 7th grade baseball. Olivio and Sandy cant throw anyone out. No clutch hitting. What happened? In about six games everyhting that was going right with this team reversed and now we completly look like crap. What is really agravating is these guys have been here now mostly and played together for years. They know each other and what they can do. That should translate into things coming together, IE timely hitting. What gives. Right now we look like the mets or something.

beckett21
05-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
While listening to the postgame report on FSN the guys highlighted some pretty pathetic characteristics of this team. Not only have we not scored any runs over the past 6 games, averaging about 3. But we are not playing in sync. Our hitting is absolutly horrid. We stoped running and being agressive on the basepaths, stopped just trying to make contact. Lee, Konerko, and Rowand all look lost at the plate. Maggs isn't driving the ball at all. To me Maggs and Lee look like they are stepping the bucket bigtime having then to relay on muscling to the ball the get a hit. What is this 7th grade baseball. Olivio and Sandy cant throw anyone out. No clutch hitting. What happened? In about six games everyhting that was going right with this team reversed and now we completly look like crap. What is really agravating is these guys have been here now mostly and played together for years. They know each other and what they can do. That should translate into things coming together, IE timely hitting. What gives. Right now we look like the mets or something.

Whoa! Stop the presses!

It's rather obvious what the problem is....It's called a SLUMP.

No biggie. Last I checked there was about 5 months left in the season.

Everyone needs to climb back in off the ledge....

white sox bill
05-09-2004, 05:27 PM
We are the White Sux now :angry:

MRKARNO
05-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
We are the White Sux now :angry:

I know! We're in a slump and we're 17-13. Terrible, Terrible shape

ma_deuce
05-09-2004, 06:05 PM
You can't blame the fans for losing hope here. How many May slumps have irreparably crippled this team in the past few years? I'm sorry, but until I see something to smile about, I'm not grinning.

:whiner:

Deuce

MRKARNO
05-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce
You can't blame the fans for losing hope here. How many May slumps have irreparably crippled this team in the past few years? I'm sorry, but until I see something to smile about, I'm not grinning.

:whiner:

Deuce

You can't smile about being tied for 1st place?

ma_deuce
05-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
You can't smile about being tied for 1st place?

Being in first place in May is not something worth smiling about. Wins make me smile... and yes, I know the record is 17-13. However, we just got swept by a crappy team. Thats nothing to smile at.

:(:

Deuce

RedPinStripes
05-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Dont blame Olivo for not throwing guys out. Blame the pitchers for not holding them and letting thenm get a huge lead and jump. Nothing Olivo could have done last week vs The O's when Loaiza pitched.

MRKARNO
05-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Being in first place in May is not something worth smiling about. Wins make me smile... and yes, I know the record is 17-13. However, we just got swept by a crappy team. Thats nothing to smile at.

:(:

Deuce

The Jays are far from a crappy team. They are a team that won 86 games last year and improved a ton with tons of smart signings over the offseason. They just started to hit their stride and it just happened to be against us. Sometimes it just works out that way in baseball.

Plus, you gotta be smiling about Willie's .301 average, Uribe's .370ish average and Schoe's 3.40ish ERA. If you're not then nothing can possibly make you smile

CHISOXFAN13
05-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Dont blame Olivo for not throwing guys out. Blame the pitchers for not holding them and letting thenm get a huge lead and jump. Nothing Olivo could have done last week vs The O's when Loaiza pitched.

Can I blame Olivo for thriwing balls into centerfield on a regular basis and for his inability to not hang onto routine pitches?

ma_deuce
05-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Plus, you gotta be smiling about Willie's .301 average, Uribe's .370ish average and Schoe's 3.40ish ERA. If you're not then nothing can possibly make you smile

The only stats I care about is our win/loss record.

We get wins, I go :D: .

We get beat, I go :(: .

We get swept, I go :whiner: .

If we keep losing, I'm going back to :gulp: .

Deuce

gosox41
05-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by beckett21
Whoa! Stop the presses!

It's rather obvious what the problem is....It's called a SLUMP.

No biggie. Last I checked there was about 5 months left in the season.

Everyone needs to climb back in off the ledge....

It is a slump. The question is how long does it last? Remember 2001-2003.

Bob

beckett21
05-10-2004, 09:26 AM
The only stats I care about is our win/loss record.

Deuce

There you have it. You said it yourself.

:D: