PDA

View Full Version : Sox 0-2 Since.....

soxwon
05-09-2004, 11:14 AM
since jose valentin has come back, the sox are 0-2!!!
is he upsetting the CHEMISTRY?????
actually im glad he is back- with Hercules Uribe playing so well.
we need to find a spot for jose.

do you think we should push Crede up a spot or 2 in the lineup?

SoxFan76
05-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Willie
Uribe
Maggs
Frank
Crede
Carlos
Konerko
Olivo
Rowand/Timo

Willie
Olivo
Maggs
Frank
Crede
Carlos
Konerko
Jose
Rowand/Timo

Uribe
Olivo
Maggs
Frank
Crede
Carlos
Konerko
Jose
Rowand/Timo

That's what I say.

BigFrankFan
05-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Olivo
Uribe
Maggs
Frank
Crede
Carlos
Konerko
Valentin
Rowand/Timo

HomeFish
05-09-2004, 01:35 PM
The Sox haven't beat the Twins since Jose Paniagua was cut and they haven't been up by more than one game since then either.That's what really hurt the chemistry.

Whitesox029
05-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Hurting the chemistry is the last thing on Earth Jose Valentin would do. I'm not sure you're aware of it but he's a clubhouse catalyst, which is really the only reason he hasn't been traded for pitching. It's also the primary reason I'm a fan of his, because he gets the team going. It is pure coincidence that they are 0-3 since he returned.

RichFitztightly
05-10-2004, 12:22 AM
I thought the big reason for this swoon was when Ozzie said, "We can't keep coming back in the ninth inning like this, we're not that good of a team." After that it kinda seemed like the team lost some wind out of it's sails. Without a doubt Ozzie is right, saying the team "isn't that good" is a questionable quote for a manager to make. I'm certain his point was to get the team to realize they better start winning games early so they don't have to rely on their magic. As a fan I heard that quote and cringed. I'm all about riding that magic until it ends as opposed to doing something to end it prematurely.

batmanZoSo
05-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I thought the big reason for this swoon was when Ozzie said, "We can't keep coming back in the ninth inning like this, we're not that good of a team." After that it kinda seemed like the team lost some wind out of it's sails. Without a doubt Ozzie is right, saying the team "isn't that good" is a questionable quote for a manager to make. I'm certain his point was to get the team to realize they better start winning games early so they don't have to rely on their magic. As a fan I heard that quote and cringed. I'm all about riding that magic until it ends as opposed to doing something to end it prematurely.

He's the reason for the magic...I guess he can decide when to end it :smile:

White_Sock
05-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Games Tinkled Away -- 4
Record with me in attendance -- 0-2

maybe...

That's what really hurt the chemistry .

Note: teal is in effect.