PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Bob Verdi Column on U.S. Cellular Field 5/9 Tribune

Wsoxmike59
05-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Bob Verdi Column on U.S. Cellular Field 5/9 (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040508verdi,1,7472639,print.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

If you have the 5/9 Sunday Tribune there is a nice picture of the newly renovated Upperdeck and old style wrought iron roof at U.S. Cellular Field, with an adjoining column by Bob Verdi who gives the ballpark and the recent remodeling job on the Upperdeck very high marks.

It's nice to see some positive press coming our way for a change. Thanks Hangar we owe it all to you! :D:

hsnterprize
05-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Someone needs to make a "stading ovation" tag that we can use whenever we want to give praise to someone...whether in or out of WSI. In this case, Hangar18 deserves one.

Like I've said before, Hangar...thanks...you've made this news and sports reporter a little better in doing his job.

depy48
05-09-2004, 11:48 AM
:threadrules:

that article was extremel well written, and is everything sox fans have been trying to say

batmanZoSo
05-09-2004, 12:00 PM
See, what's so hard about telling the truth?

Mariotti, I'm looking in your direction.

BigFrankFan
05-09-2004, 12:58 PM
BV, is suggesting the same thing that I have: the SOX simply do not know how to promote the Cell, the team, or the experience.

I'm not saying it's easy, but look at the ads on TV (the only real source of promotion for this team). It's all about Ozzie.

When does this organization ever promote the restaurants in Bridgeport or Chinatown for that matter? In this week's Friday section of the Trib there is a nice article surrounding Chinatown & the value that exists in just visiting this area.

Build the Metra station & the MLB themed restaurant next to it.
Have the ball players frequent the place from time to time to bring
about a player-fan relationship that few parks have.

I believe it can be done, but not with the business as usual line.
Sure winning a World Series would solve everything. But that doesn't happen overnight & there are things that can be done along the way to help us raise attendance to get there.

Right now it's a 5 to 3 adv of cub over SOX fans. This is the justification for the media bias. The SOX should look to get that to 5 to 4.