PDA

View Full Version : Keep Next Weekend Open

bartmanisgod
05-09-2004, 01:47 AM
I am asking all my fellow sox fans to please keep this weekend open. It will be one of the most important weekends of the season, because it will set the tone of the Division Race with the Twinkies.

If you aren't doing anything this weekend come out to the park. I know you are all thinking...not another attendance post... but I'm just asking for this series because it is huge especially since we are not playing great baseball right now.

I don't care if you hate JR or whatever other reason some of you have! Let's fill the stadium for three of the biggest games of the year!

I'm a college guy down to my last few bucks but I will be in the bleachers for probably all three games rocking my red 1983 Sox hat...if any WSI patriots see me dont be shy!

GO SOX!

TornLabrum
05-09-2004, 02:52 AM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is the Windy City Sox Fans patio party, so I'll be there for that. My Sunday tickets are in my SoxFest deal.

pinwheels3530
05-09-2004, 03:00 AM
I'll be there Friday and Sunday to see the SOX beat the Twinkies!

Max Power
05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
I'll be there Friday and hopefully Sunday. Hope to have my '83 jersey to wear by then. Can we get some nice weather please?

HomeFish
05-09-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure I can get tickets to all 3 games, which I should have time for. However, the question is, will there be any point in going by that time?

I guess the last game at the Skydome and the Baltimore series will decide.

Palehose13
05-09-2004, 10:41 AM
I'd love to go, but I am graduating Saturday with my Masters in Science Ed. :D:

Cheer hard and have a few for me! :gulp:

RedPinStripes
05-09-2004, 10:47 AM
I plan to go Sunday. Maybe Saturday.

munchman33
05-09-2004, 10:52 AM
I'll be catching all three games.

Hondo
05-09-2004, 11:06 AM
I'll be there Saturday behind home plate.
Sunday probably in the bleachers.

Count it!!

"Shoot the J. Shoot it!"-Dave Chapelle playing Prince.

TornLabrum
05-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I'd love to go, but I am graduating Saturday with my Masters in Science Ed. :D:

Cheer hard and have a few for me! :gulp:

Congrats on the MSEd, Palehose! Hopefully that'll be a nice bump on the salary schedule for you.

Nowadays with this diet I'm on, the best I can have for you is a Diet Pepsi, but I'll have one in your honor at the Patio Party Saturday.

fhqwhgads
05-09-2004, 11:13 AM
I'll be there Sunday! :D:

Palehose13
05-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Congrats on the MSEd, Palehose! Hopefully that'll be a nice bump on the salary schedule for you.

Nowadays with this diet I'm on, the best I can have for you is a Diet Pepsi, but I'll have one in your honor at the Patio Party Saturday.

Thanks. :smile: Yes, there will be a bump in salary. However, the student loans start right away. :whiner:

JGarlandrules20
05-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm going Saturday.

ozzman
05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Hopefully I will be able to make it on Friday, but I have Navy on Saturday and Sunday so I will not be able to make those games :(

CubKilla
05-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I'll go when the White Sox Organization starts acting like a major player in a major market. Until then, I'll do like JR and count all the money I'm saving by NOT going to any games until significant action is taken to right a sinking ship in Chicago.

Having said that, GO SOX

RedPinStripes
05-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I'll go when the White Sox Organization starts acting like a major player in a major market. Until then, I'll do like JR and count all the money I'm saving by NOT going to any games until significant action is taken to right a sinking ship in Chicago.

Having said that, GO SOX

Saving your money? Want to go to "Club O"? :D:

doublem23
05-09-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm going to try and go Sunday.

soxwon
05-09-2004, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Max Power
[B]I'll be there Friday and hopefully Sunday. Hope to have my '83 jersey to wear by then. Can we get some nice weather please?

forecast says in middle 60s partly sunny sat n sunday

Lip Man 1
05-09-2004, 04:42 PM
That's great that the fans are deciding to show up....

Hopefully the Sox actually will too

Lip

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-09-2004, 07:35 PM
friday night i'll be in the bleachers trying to run my record to 6-1

munchman33
05-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

Having said that, GO SOX

People like you literally make me sick. I don't care who in the organization you hate. You can't both support the team and not support the team.

That's the same ridiculous arguement people against war make when they say they support the troops and not their vision.

I bet you're one of those people who says he can't stand reality T.V. but there you are everyday watching the Real World, Survivor, and American Idle.

bafiarocks03
05-09-2004, 08:07 PM
I'll be there on Friday! sitting in Right Center sorta!! section 102 or 103!! be wearing my Konerko jersey!!

CubKilla
05-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
You can't both support the team and not support the team.

Wanna bet?

BTW..... get your puke bag ready. There are literally thousands of Sox fans around the Chicago area that are sick and tired of the same tired excuses from JR and Co that will be all too happy to see JR either croak or sell the team in their lifetime and will be happy as pigs in slop to return to USCF as ticket paying fans with renewed hope that a new owner might actually care about the team he owns and, more importantly, the fans that pay alot of hard earned money to see their favorite baseball team.

ma_deuce
05-10-2004, 12:20 AM
I coming up to Chicago this weekend to catch a game. No doubt.

Deuce