PDA

View Full Version : Sox way of putting together their team...

nitetrain8601
05-08-2004, 10:25 PM
I recently came across Stats Inc and I noticed something. It stated that the Sox are one of 3 MLB teams to work with Stats Inc. to receive detailed scouting reports for players and teams that translate into a winning edge on the playing field.

"STATS is also a key player helping professional franchises prepare for contract negotiations and arbitration hearings.

Whether it's on-the-field game planning or front-office decision making, STATS Inc.s hands-on approach is called upon to provide winning solutions."

Two football teams use this also: The Philadelphia Eagles and KC Chiefs which are two pretty darn good teams.

The other MLB teams that use this are the Orioles and Dodgers.

link: http://biz.stats.com/

click on stats service and then click on teams in that submenu.

batmanZoSo
05-08-2004, 11:14 PM
What does StatsInc say about grinders?

WhiteSox = Life
05-09-2004, 01:02 AM
:KW
"They sure as hell aren't bitches and mother******s!!!"

Lip Man 1
05-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Obviously STATS INC. decided to take this weekend off didn't they?

Lip

johnny_mostil
05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Obviously STATS INC. decided to take this weekend off didn't they?

Lip

I think they use them mostly for arbitration hearings, Lip.

Lip Man 1
05-09-2004, 10:04 PM
According to the theme's starters description : "to receive detailed scouting reports for players and teams that translate into a winning edge on the playing field."

That sounds like statistical scouting reports to me (i.e. what a guy does against a certain type of pitcher, what a guy does on two strikes after the 7th inning etc.)

So if that's true then the STATS INC. people decided to take the weekend off because the reports didn't do the Sox any good did they?

Lip

nitetrain8601
05-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
According to the theme's starters description : "to receive detailed scouting reports for players and teams that translate into a winning edge on the playing field."

That sounds like statistical scouting reports to me (i.e. what a guy does against a certain type of pitcher, what a guy does on two strikes after the 7th inning etc.)

So if that's true then the STATS INC. people decided to take the weekend off because the reports didn't do the Sox any good did they?

Lip

Hopefully they report back to week tommorow.

Voice of Reason
05-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by nitetrain8601
I recently came across Stats Inc and I noticed something. It stated that the Sox are one of 3 MLB teams to work with Stats Inc. to receive detailed scouting reports for players and teams that translate into a winning edge on the playing field.

I guess that means it is bad chemistry that keeps the Sox from winning. I mean, whats more valuable than a winning edge from Stats, inc?