PDA

View Full Version : is everyone ready to blame the hitting?


Blueprint1
05-08-2004, 02:37 PM
We cant give any of our pitchers any run support. I have a feeling this team may be ready to fight the Tigers for the rights to second place very soon. this should read everyone not every

SEALgep
05-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Before you start thinking like that, you should examine the Twins. They aren't exactly tearing the cover off the ball.

depy48
05-08-2004, 02:39 PM
where's the beef

South Side
05-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
We cant give any of our pitchers any run support. I have a feeling this team may be ready to fight the Tigers for the rights to second place very soon. this should read everyone not every

What else are you going to blame? We've had 2 days of solid pitching and yet we lose? If we had been hitting half way decently those two runs Garland gave us yesterday wouldn't have meant anything. We're going to win games again when we start hitting again.

chisoxmike
05-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Harris getting picked off, and getting caught stealing didn't help the Sox cause today.

And the numerous doubles today by Sox hitters and them being left on second pissed me off. :angry:

This better end quick.

Like I and others have being saying... the Sox arn't going to come back every game. We need to get the runs when we can, and leaving runners in scoring position and not taking advantage of scoring oppurtuities will catch up to you. Like what happend today and yesterday.

Let's shurg this off and get em big time tomorrow.

soxnut
05-08-2004, 02:50 PM
The Sox have gone through a lengthy hitting slump every year since 2000. The last few years it's been at the beginning of the season, just like this year. Their approach to hitting has changed a little, and that's why they have won those 1-run games and are not 6 games out by now. Once they stat hitting again, which hopefully will happen within the next week, they'll be fine.

Nard
05-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Before you start thinking like that, you should examine the Twins. They aren't exactly tearing the cover off the ball.

Yeah, scoring only 9 runs against Oakland pitching yesterday (they didn't score any in the extra innings).

Absolutely pathetic. I expected much more from the 110% Family Twinks.

batmanZoSo
05-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
The Sox have gone through a lengthy hitting slump every year since 2000. The last few years it's been at the beginning of the season, just like this year. Their approach to hitting has changed a little, and that's why they have won those 1-run games and are not 6 games out by now. Once they stat hitting again, which hopefully will happen within the next week, they'll be fine.

I don't think their approach has changed at all, and that's on Walker's head. The only difference between this year and last year is heart, and that's on Ozzie. They showed a chart of our comeback wins, and three times we trailed in the ninth and won it. Had Manuel been the manager, none of the three would've happend--we all know that. And we'd be 14-15 right now.

So basically I believe this half game first place lead is all Ozzie. We need a drastic change in hitting and or personell changes on the field.