PDA

View Full Version : Another reliever

balboner
05-07-2004, 09:53 PM
It's becoming quite obvious that the Sox need another righty in the pen. Politte has been just as bad as Koch has been, and it seems like Adkins is kind of wasting a spot right now. Lets use Wunsch in a trade if we're not going to use him, and get another arm out there.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by balboner
It's becoming quite obvious that the Sox need another righty in the pen. Politte has been just as bad as Koch has been, and it seems like Adkins is kind of wasting a spot right now. Lets use Wunsch in a trade if we're not going to use him, and get another arm out there.

The much bigger problem is these guys can't hit when it counts. We leave a ton of base runners on again and it cost us.

Blueprint1
05-07-2004, 10:08 PM
yep the bats suck lately. Wait they have sucked all year

SoxxoS
05-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Can't give up leadoff walks and expect to win, though. Especially in the 9th inning. We have been playing with fire, and we finally got burned. We better come out guns a blazin tomorrow.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Can't give up leadoff walks and expect to win, though. Especially in the 9th inning. We have been playing with fire, and we finally got burned. We better come out guns a blazin tomorrow.

Who's pitching tomorrow? I'm ready for Schoeneweis.

OEO Magglio
05-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Yup we got shoney on the mound tomorrow. Thankfully.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio

We should come back and win this series, the Blue Jays are horrible.

SEALgep
05-07-2004, 10:28 PM
It's kind of funny everyone excited for Schoney to be on the mound compared to how it was before the season started. That's a 180 if I ever saw one. :D:

CWSGuy406
05-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Damn, if only Wunsch wouldn't have gotten injured. Mark Bellhorn is playing pretty darn well in Boston right now, getting on base, a big homer tonight against the Royals. I'm talking about the rumored deal that was Bellhorn for Wunsch.

Lip Man 1
05-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Batman says: "The Blue Jays are horrible."

But they have won two games against the Sox :smile:

Lip

OEO Magglio
05-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
It's kind of funny everyone excited for Schoney to be on the mound compared to how it was before the season started. That's a 180 if I ever saw one. :D:
That's exactly what I was thinking when I posted that. :)

batmanZoSo
05-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Batman says: "The Blue Jays are horrible."

But they have won two games against the Sox :smile:

Lip

Um, yeah. That's the problem.

Mickster
05-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio

OEO,

4 months ago, did you ever picture yourself saying that? :D:

EDIT: Already posted....didn't read far down enough...

DrummerGeorgefan
05-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Damn, if only Wunsch wouldn't have gotten injured. Mark Bellhorn is playing pretty darn well in Boston right now, getting on base, a big homer tonight against the Royals. I'm talking about the rumored deal that was Bellhorn for Wunsch.

That trade would have not allowed Uribe to jump into the 2B role. But on the other hand, it would free us up to deal Manos elsewhere....

Take your pick.

JRIG
05-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
That trade would have not allowed Uribe to jump into the 2B role. But on the other hand, it would free us up to deal Manos elsewhere....

Take your pick.

Bellhorn and his .415 OBP and 27 walks would look mighty good at the top of the lineup. Uribe would have then probably had the opportunity to play against LHP in place of Valentin. Bellhorn can play third base too, so when he did that, Uribe woul fill in at 2nd base.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
\ Uribe would have then probably had the opportunity to play against LHP in place of Valentin. Bellhorn can play third base too, so when he did that, Uribe woul fill in at 2nd base. \

True-I forgot Bellhorn could play third. With no real backup to Crede at third, except Uribe or Valentin (who shouldn't play there) that deal looks more promising than I remembered.

cubhater
05-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

Count me in as a Schoeneweis basher before the season and I'm happy to eat my words now. Let's hope he continues pitching the way he's been going.