PDA

View Full Version : For all those who are criticizing sox

habibharu
05-07-2004, 04:47 PM
im tired of all of these people on these boards complaining about how the team is playing. Do you guys realize that we are in 1st place at 17-10? and not only that, the best part is that we are doing it with buehrle having a ERA over 5, garland with an ERA over 4, ELO with an ERA over 4, no fifth starter, lee batting under .250, maggs batting under .290, valentin not playing, crede batting under .240, konerko batting under .270, and weve already played the yanks 7 times! so stop the bitchin!

Mickster
05-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Remember to get off the soapbox! :D:

SoxFan76
05-07-2004, 04:58 PM
That is a great point habibharu. The Sox are 7 games above .500, and they haven't even hit their stride yet. Buerhle WILL get better, Loaiza WILL get better, Garland is doing good, and I really don't know if Scott can keep this up. But I shouldn't worry about that, he's doing good as well.

PK, Carlos, Maggs, and Frank haven't even started hitting yet. That is scary. Crede has finally found his swing, same for Olivo, and Timo has shown he can get his hits when he is in the lineup.

Let's not forget Willie surprising everybody ,and that Uribe guy.

Baby Fisk
05-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Quit whining about us and let's get back to whining about the team! :D:

Randar68
05-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Remember to get off the soapbox! :D:

No Joke.

MRKARNO
05-07-2004, 05:09 PM
We've been really good in only 2 games this year and we've been out of just one game this year (the game against the O's a few days ago). Even that debacle against Toronto we put the tying run at the plate. We're winning while not playing our best baseball. That bodes well for the future. We're gonna look better than this. Show and Garland look good. Buehrle seems to be coming around a bit and Loaiza aint doing bad either. The pen has been doing its job. Felix Diaz having success at the major league level would provide a big boost. Ditto Jeremy Reed.

1951Campbell
05-07-2004, 05:14 PM
The bullpen (looking at you, Mr. Koch) is still verging on a band of arsonists. And shortstop? Valentin? I'm beginning to think my attachment to Manos is more sentimental than rational at thi spoint.

Anyway, I'm just saying a winning percentage above .600 all season is not a forgone conclusion at this point.

iwannago
05-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
We've been really good in only 2 games this year and we've been out of just one game this year (the game against the O's a few days ago). Even that debacle against Toronto we put the tying run at the plate. We're winning while not playing our best baseball. That bodes well for the future. We're gonna look better than this. Show and Garland look good. Buehrle seems to be coming around a bit and Loaiza aint doing bad either. The pen has been doing its job. Felix Diaz having success at the major league level would provide a big boost. Ditto Jeremy Reed.

What do you mean by really good?

nasox
05-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
What do you mean by really good?

We've had our moments, but we haven't really clicked. I agree with iwannago, we haven't shined through (like bluecross blueshield does) YET. Our time will come.

SoxxoS
05-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by habibharu
im tired of all of these people on these boards complaining about how the team is playing. Do you guys realize that we are in 1st place at 17-10? and not only that, the best part is that we are doing it with buehrle having a ERA over 5, garland with an ERA over 4, ELO with an ERA over 4, no fifth starter, lee batting under .250, maggs batting under .290, valentin not playing, crede batting under .240, konerko batting under .270, and weve already played the yanks 7 times! so stop the bitchin!

You could also look at it like we have gotten really lucky...and are going to come back to earth.

Nard
05-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Ohhh nooo a 1 game losing streak oh my.

:chickenlittle

batmanZoSo
05-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Nard
Ohhh nooo a 1 game losing streak oh my.

:chickenlittle

If I'm not mistaken, we have one losing streak this year. And it was vs. the Yankees and only two games.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?action=getsmilies&s=

"That's awe some."