PDA

View Full Version : Valentin active; Dransfeldt down

JRIG
05-07-2004, 03:13 PM
(Chicago-AP) -- The Chicago White Sox recalled Jose Valentin
today from a rehabilitation assignment at Triple-A Charlotte.
Valentin was put on the 15-day D-L on April 20th with a strained
left hamstring. Kelly Dransfeldt was sent to Charlotte to make room on the roster for Valentin.

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2004, 03:31 PM
If I never see Dransfelt again I will be a happy man.

nasox
05-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Happened as expected. Good.

Brian26
05-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

Well, he had the big error a couple of nights ago that cost us basically 4 unearned runs. Yet, it's hard to forget his HUGE hits against Tampa Bay and Cleveland to win big games. He did a decent job while he was here.

HomeFish
05-07-2004, 04:50 PM
One error-prone INF replaces another. Yawn.

Mohoney
05-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

My sentiments exactly. Valentin is a bench player at this point.

Why did they renew this guy at $5 million?

delben91
05-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Mohoney
Why did they renew this guy at $5 million?

Because no one in their right mind could've predicted Uribe playing at the level he's currently at.

JRIG
05-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Mohoney
My sentiments exactly. Valentin is a bench player at this point.

A bench player who last year had 28 home runs and 56 extra base hits and this year was batting .271 when he went down with 9 extra base hits in 11 games....

Right....

OurBitchinMinny
05-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

He made one mistake!!!!!Did you forget about the two comebacks he helped key? WHat about the 2 out, 2 strike hit he got a few weeks ago to tie the game in bottom of nine. Loaiza was terrible that game. The error didnt help, but the sox were not winning that game anyway the way lopez came in and pitched. Cut the guy some slack. The K machine is back now, hope the people in the first row behind first base have their body armor ready. I wish dransfeldt the best of luck if he gets picked off waivers or else in charlotte.

jeremyb1
05-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

You know what you should do? Go to ESPN's sortable stats and rank players at each position by the fewest errors and then you'll have a list of the best fielders at each position. Actually that could even pass as a list of the best PLAYERS at each position. Don't you think?

bradegel
05-07-2004, 07:13 PM
I am sorry to see him go on one hand..i thought he played well for an unexpected player and came through in the clutch...on the other hand...my wife thought he was very attractive..so it is nice that I dont need to hear about that anymore...

:)

Bradley