PDA

View Full Version : Yet To See Killer Instinct

Cellview22
05-07-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm yet to see the killer instinct in the Sox this season. I'm glad their record stands at 17-10, but I'd still rather see them blowing away the other teams. Whenever the Sox lead by 2 or more, and we have runners on base, I still haven't seen that look where they just turn it on and pound it on their opponents.

We need to start that tonight!

Hokiesox
05-07-2004, 03:22 PM
We don't need them to peak in May. However, we also need them to win by more than 1 run.

Interesting dilemma.

SpartanSoxFan
05-07-2004, 03:24 PM
I think SoxxoS pointed out that the Sox are in a slump when it comes to hitting with runners in scoring position. I'm sure that will end soon and we will see the scores go up.

pjthesox13
05-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I think this could definetly come around soon. I am pleased though that we are in the spot that we are in and the games have been going our way. At least we not 1-11 in one run games you know.

jabrch
05-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
We don't need them to peak in May. However, we also need them to win by more than 1 run.

Interesting dilemma.

Why exactly do we need to win by more than one run? I understand that we won't always win the 1 run games, but what's wrong exactly with winning by 1 run?

Kuzman
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
there is nothing wrong with winning by 1 run or not.. a win is a win, but when you barely get by most average teams in the AL the playoffs arent looking that great.. we need to see some blowout baseball soon or i wont be getting too excited about our pennant race

Hokiesox
05-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Why exactly do we need to win by more than one run? I understand that we won't always win the 1 run games, but what's wrong exactly with winning by 1 run?

Confidence.

soxrme
05-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22
I'm yet to see the killer instinct in the Sox this season. I'm glad their record stands at 17-10, but I'd still rather see them blowing away the other teams. Whenever the Sox lead by 2 or more, and we have runners on base, I still haven't seen that look where they just turn it on and pound it on their opponents.

We need to start that tonight!

If we could keep Koch out we would have had a couple of easy wins.

nasox
05-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
If we could keep Koch out we would have had a couple of easy wins.

Maybe, but not all of his outings turned games that we had a lead in into a close game. I mean, on Thursday, he the game was 6-4, by was by all means a close game.

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2004, 04:30 PM
You want to see killer instinct...go to Wrigley Field.

Mickster
05-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

::snare drum:: Thank you, folks. He'll be here through Sunday. Try the fish! :D:

dpbyron
05-07-2004, 05:29 PM
:threadsucks

MRKARNO
05-07-2004, 05:42 PM
As far as I'm concerned a good record in one run games bodes well for playoff success because it's sometimes the little things that can put you over in october. There arent many blowouts in october but there are a lot of 1 run games.

iwannago
05-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

And see the Cubs get creamed? Or the Fans.