PDA

View Full Version : Let's stop the trade talk

lowesox
05-07-2004, 01:44 AM
It's interesting. So far, we've had one of the best teams in baseball and yet this board is flooded with talk of trades for another closer, a centerfielder, a deal to trade away Valentin. Personally, I'm up for doing nothing. Sure, we have problems, but it's early. Why not see if they don't sort themselves out?

Every team has issues right now. But, I for one believe that its better to have good chemistry than to disrupt that chemistry hoping to fix a problem.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
It's interesting. So far, we've had one of the best teams in baseball and yet this board is flooded with talk of trades for another closer, a centerfielder, a deal to trade away Valentin. Personally, I'm up for doing nothing. Sure, we have problems, but it's early. Why not see if they don't sort themselves out?

Every team has issues right now. But, I for one believe that its better to have good chemistry than to disrupt that chemistry hoping to fix a problem.

If you ask me, we're a year ahead of schedule.

Lip Man 1
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Nothing is going to happen either now OR in the future unless Williams can get the other team to pay for the bulk of the salary of the player the Sox are trying to get.

Lip

NonetheLoaiza
05-07-2004, 03:10 PM
amen, its may and nothing is going to happen until the end of june at the earliest. and alot can happen between then....

Randar68
05-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

Well that's pretty-much what KW said this week. The first 2 months is a "feeling-out" period for almost everyone. Everyone is trying to identify what holes to fill or who to get rid of...