PDA

View Full Version : Danny Wrong's first outing in Charlotte, 19-3

santo=dorf
05-06-2004, 10:22 PM
The Box score isn't up yet, but the Knights lost 19-3. The Indianapolis Indians were up 9-0 after the 3rd inning. Can we please give Diaz a chance?

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/teams/view.asp?id=222

SoxxoS
05-06-2004, 10:24 PM
I am calling this right now...

DANNY WRIGHT WILL BE PUT ON THE DL, AND NEED TOMMY JOHN SURGERY AND BE OUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

This is speculation, but at least educated speculation as he has lost 5 miles per hour on his fastball this year...and he hardly pitched last year.

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Can we please give Diaz a chance?

I'm ready to give a batting "T" a chance over Danny Wrong.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I am calling this right now...

DANNY WRIGHT WILL BE PUT ON THE DL, AND NEED TOMMY JOHN SURGERY AND BE OUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

This is speculation, but at least educated speculation as he has lost 5 miles per hour on his fastball this year...and he hardly pitched last year.

Torn Labrum?

You beat me to it. He's not this bad of a pitcher. Something's amiss...awry even.

SoxxoS
05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I should add to my reasoning that he has given up about 100 runs in about 30 innings.

He was never that great, but he isn't THIS bad.

:hawk

"Something 'aint right."

PaleHoseGeorge
Originally posted by CubKilla

LOL! I got my son "Pants" one of those Jr. Hitaway hitting devices you see advertised on TV. Maybe I'll name it Danny Wright.

:smile:

SEALgep
Hopefully he finds himself and/or recovers from his injury (if he indeed is), but at the very least this seals any notion of him being the guy getting a call back for the fifth spot. It really was never in the cards, but for those were worried, rest easy.

WSox8404
05-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Dan Wright (L 0-1) 2.0 9 9 9 4 1 2 40.50

Let's bring him back boys. He is as ready as Jose is.

voodoochile
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM

*****!

POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2502)

beckett21
05-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404

Wow. What a shame.

balboner
05-06-2004, 11:17 PM
This bad outing is such a blessing for the Sox. I'm sorry, but no team could contend with Wright in their rotation.

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
*****!

POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2502)

My first. Thanks guys :)

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404

Let's bring him back boys. He is as ready as Jose is.

*****!

Did he face the Yankees tonight?

DrCrawdad
05-06-2004, 11:43 PM
http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/DannyWright_050604

Remember as Lip told us, minor league stats are meaningless.

santo=dorf
05-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Yeah, but Danny Wright has major league experience. Can Feliz Diaz say the same? :)

cheeses_h_rice
05-07-2004, 12:02 AM

Is that the same Corey Hart of "Sunglasses at Night" fame?

elrod
05-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Nice to see Rich Paz, the 1B for Charlotte, get some pitching in.

santo=dorf
05-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Is that the same Corey Hart of "Sunglasses at Night" fame?

LMAO!!!!

So Danny Wright gave up a homer to a guy who wears his shades at the plate during a night game? I can believe it.

patbooyah
05-07-2004, 12:42 AM
lets not let danny's failure distract us from the fact that jose managed to boost his average with a hit tonight.

AND...

He only had TWO, thats right- only two strike outs!

SoxxoS
05-07-2004, 12:56 AM
I am being dead serious-

What the hell is Jose's problem? What is happening to him in the minors shouldn't be happening to guys in high school. Seriously. I realize it's a slump, but the guy isn't making contact...is anyone concerned?

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I am being dead serious-

What the hell is Jose's problem? What is happening to him in the minors shouldn't be happening to guys in high school. Seriously. I realize it's a slump, but the guy isn't making contact...is anyone concerned?

A lot of people are and they shouldn't be. He'll come back and not miss a beat. He doesn't need to show anything to get 'called up.' We're just waiting for the most logical time to bring him up and he knows it. He's probably just not trying.

MisterB
05-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
He's probably just not trying.

:manos
"Yeah, and I hate eating at the IHOP."

:butter
"I know what you mean."

SSN721
05-07-2004, 06:13 AM
I as much as anyone else here doesnt like Danny Wrong anymore after his piss poor performance this season so far. But after seeing this, I have to think something is wrong. Maybe he does need some kind of surgery because I cant comprehend any reason how he could fail so badly after a relatively successful season 2 years ago. I dont get it.

doublem23
05-07-2004, 06:17 AM

Is that the same Courtney Duncan who gave up the 10th inning grand slam to Carlos Lee against the Cubs a few years ago?

DrCrawdad
05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Is that the same Courtney Duncan who gave up the 10th inning grand slam to Carlos Lee against the Cubs a few years ago?

Yes.

LASOXFAN
05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
My first. Thanks guys :)

well deserved!

LASOXFAN
05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I as much as anyone else here doesnt like Danny Wrong anymore after his piss poor performance this season so far. But after seeing this, I have to think something is wrong. Maybe he does need some kind of surgery because I cant comprehend any reason how he could fail so badly after a relatively successful season 2 years ago. I dont get it.

Know a good neurologist?

kittle42
05-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
A lot of people are and they shouldn't be. He'll come back and not miss a beat. He doesn't need to show anything to get 'called up.' We're just waiting for the most logical time to bring him up and he knows it. He's probably just not trying.

Not trying? Isn't the man a professional? Has he no pride?

voodoochile
05-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
Not trying? Isn't the man a professional? Has he no pride?

Maybe he's trying to hard and pressing. Maybe having Ozzie as his manager and having had a rash of errors to start the season and watching Juan Uribe tearing it up are all playing into that.

No one knows what is causing his problems so to condemn him for being unprofessional or having no pride seems pretty silly.

Lip Man 1
05-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Once again gang some of you are twisting words to make your point.

My comment about minor league stats are meaningless was in references to the idiots who keep posting that Valentin is 1-19 in Charlotte...he's done...he's no good...trade him.

Sure, we can keep Willie Harris in the lineup everyday! (What's his career batting average? Hmmmm...)

It's partially my fault for not being clear but when someone has as much experience as Valentin you can not look at a minor league rehab and draw any conclusions. That's idioic.

Lip

patbooyah
05-07-2004, 11:19 AM
frankly, i am sure jose will do fine when called up, but he is a frustrating player to have in the line up this year.

for me its the 4 errors in 11 games for the $5 million shortstop.

or maybe that in his first 11 games, he had more strike-outs than hits.

his performance in the minors isn't the only thing that makes me nervous.

habibharu
05-07-2004, 04:44 PM
2 IP 9 ER. his ERA is over 40! i think its safe to say that rauch or diaz should get the 5th starter job

Randar68
05-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
2 IP 9 ER. his ERA is over 40! i think its safe to say that rauch or diaz should get the 5th starter job

Ummm, this was reported last night. Behind on the times?

habibharu
05-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Ummm, this was reported last night. Behind on the times? i didnt read it on here

Randar68
05-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
i didnt read it on here

There's a 3-page thread on it at the bottom of the page.

Here you go. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=32937)

Mohoney
05-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
frankly, i am sure jose will do fine when called up, but he is a frustrating player to have in the line up this year.

for me its the 4 errors in 11 games for the $5 million shortstop.

or maybe that in his first 11 games, he had more strike-outs than hits.

his performance in the minors isn't the only thing that makes me nervous.

Thank God somebody else sees this. If Valentin does come back, he should bat no higher than 7th.

A #2 hitter with more strikeouts than hits is not good.

1951Campbell
05-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Please Danny...just lock yourself in the bathroom and don't come out until Christmas.

MRKARNO
05-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Let's just hope Diaz gets called up regardless and Wright's pitching--good or bad--becomes irrelevant. Let's focus on Diaz now because he has a better chance to be the 5th guy on May 14th than Danny

Randar68
05-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Let's just hope Diaz gets called up regardless and Wright's pitching--good or bad--becomes irrelevant. Let's focus on Diaz now because he has a better chance to be the 5th guy on May 14th than Danny

Diaz, Rauch, Cotts, it doesn't matter. Any of those would be good options IMO.

MRKARNO
05-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Diaz, Rauch, Cotts, it doesn't matter. Any of those would be good options IMO.

I agree with you on those three, but i would rank them in this order:

1. Diaz (because he's been lights out and can step in without any transition time)
2. Rauch (He's been pretty darn good, just not as good as Diaz.)
3. Cotts (He's already in a bullpen role so it would be a little tough to make the switch at this point)

Randar68
05-07-2004, 05:41 PM
I agree with you on those three, but i would rank them in this order:

1. Diaz (because he's been lights out and can step in without any transition time)
2. Rauch (He's been pretty darn good, just not as good as Diaz.)
3. Cotts (He's already in a bullpen role so it would be a little tough to make the switch at this point)

Diaz has never faced MLB hitting, whereas Rauch has had some success when healthy and Cotts is doing quite well now.

It's early in the season and Cotts has made some appearances in long relief. I don't think it would take anything extra to have him ready to go 80+ pitches by the next rotation for the 5th spot.

Frankly, with 2 lefties in the rotation already, I wouldn't mind seeing Rauch get the start. Pitching in Charlotte isn't helping anything and it's getting closer to the "Now or Never" point. Time to find out what he can do. If they had the patience with Rauch as they have had with Wright, he'd be in our rotation now with a season+ of starting under his belt IMO...

iwannago
05-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by balboner
This bad outing is such a blessing for the Sox. I'm sorry, but no team could contend with Wright in their rotation.

And you call yourself a Sox fan?

MRKARNO
05-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
And you call yourself a Sox fan?

I'm sure. How is it not being a fan of your team if you dont like all of the players on your team and want the best for your team? Also, what kind of Sox fan isn't griping about something?

iwannago
05-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I'm sure. How is it not being a fan of your team if you dont like all of the players on your team and want the best for your team? Also, what kind of Sox fan isn't griping about something?

I see your point but you don't wish that a person on your team does bad enough to be let go. I'm sure if Wright had his rathers he would have dominated every game.

I hope he finds himself in AAA.

Remember there were many posts earlier about getting rid of Shingo and Show.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
Remember there were many posts earlier about getting rid of Shingo and Show.

very true, but danny wright has stunk it up for 2 years now. he gets torched everytime he throws the ball. shingo and show got their chance and have pitched well. dannys gotten several chances and has blown it almost everytime. maybe its time to send danny the way of jim parque and bobby howry, out the damn door!