PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Valentin traded to Cubs

ndgt10
05-06-2004, 10:50 PM
This is purely a rumor at this moment, but the Cub board is reporting that a trade has been agreed upon to trade Valentin to the Cubs for Pitcher F. Beltran.

john2499
05-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Those idiots on the Score, Boers and Bernstein started that rumor. Bernstein was playing the Sox GM, Boers was playing the scrubs GM. Bernstein was trying to see if the scrubs would "take" Valentin since Gonzalez got hurt.

Brian26
05-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ndgt10
This is purely a rumor at this moment, but the Cub board is reporting that a trade has been agreed upon to trade Valentin to the Cubs for Pitcher F. Beltran.

F? Does the guy have a first name?

Do you think any Cub board would ever scoop WSI? Come on. Don't make me change by signature photo.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
F? Does the guy have a first name?

Do you think any Cub board would ever scoop WSI? Come on. Don't make me change by signature photo.

How bout C. Beltran. Would you give up your signature for him?

...also I don't wanna trade Valentin until after we play the cubs, cause we're sure to get another photo like the one you have.

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2004, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't believe this rumor until I saw Jose V. himself wearing the Blue Pajamas. Sorry, I don't buy it.

ndgt10
05-06-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm said it was purely a rumor. I believe his whole name is Francis Beltran. Wouldn't mind the trade if it was true, doubt it is though.

santo=dorf
05-06-2004, 11:05 PM
:mkillcub

"never"

:hawk

"Ihate rumors."

Brian26
05-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
How bout C. Beltran. Would you give up your signature for him?

:hawk

"Your WHAT hurts?"

SoxxoS
05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
I want Bobby Brownlie.

Randar68
05-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I want Bobby Brownlie.

I want Mark prior... soxxos, that shouold have been in deeppink

SoxxoS
05-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I want Mark prior... soxxos, that shouold have been in deeppink

They gave up Garland for Karchner, so I didn't think it qualified as a pipedream.

They have enough pitchers anyway...share the wealth.

FYI, I wouldn't mind Angel Guzman, either. But I think he is on the DL.

Randar68
05-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
They gave up Garland for Karchner, so I didn't think it qualified as a pipedream.

They have enough pitchers anyway...share the wealth.

FYI, I wouldn't mind Angel Guzman, either. But I think he is on the DL.

Frankly, I think Beltran is about the best we could hope for. if he walks at the end of the season, we'll get nothing, they won't offer arbitration, he'd probably take it, so they wouldn't get a draft pick out of it...

beckett21
05-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by john2499
Those idiots on the Score, Boers and Bernstein started that rumor. Bernstein was playing the Sox GM, Boers was playing the scrubs GM. Bernstein was trying to see if the scrubs would "take" Valentin since Gonzalez got hurt.

This sounds like the more realistic scenario.

What a couple of morons.

Over By There
05-07-2004, 09:46 AM
This scenario popped into my mind right when I heard the news about Gonzalez yesterday. I think it would make a ton of sense for both sides - the Cubs need someone/anyone, and we are probably ready to let Jose go for a song. I sure would hate to see him wearing a Cubs uniform later this summer, though. :(:

HomerCoach
05-07-2004, 09:54 AM

ONLY if we get Maddux in return! :o:

ma_deuce
05-07-2004, 09:59 AM
No way. I don't buy this at all.

Procol Harum
05-07-2004, 09:59 AM
I want to get Steve Finley here by the time we play the Grubs... :D:

white sox bill
05-07-2004, 10:55 AM
After the Corky trade in 1992, I'm not so sure KW is gonna risk another potential embarrasing trade, although this could be role reverasal, not that Jose would even resemble Geo. Taco Bell

valposoxfan
05-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by john2499

See and that's an example of the kind of idiots that Boers and Bernstein hate, the listeners who jump to conclusions once they hear something on Boers and Bernstein. Berstein was just role playing and never said a trade was in the works, yet a number of dopes took it as serious. Boers and Bernstein are right when they call a lot of their callers idiots.

misty60481
05-07-2004, 11:28 AM
How about Jose for Walker and Farnsworth I think Cubs about to give up on Farnsworth and maybe a change of scenery and different pitching coach make a difference

jabrch
05-07-2004, 11:41 AM
They wouldn't do that - would they? Right now they need Walker to play every day since grudzlalaezkezek is out for another month.

Brian26
05-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by white sox bill
After the Corky trade in 1992, I'm not so sure KW is gonna risk another potential embarrasing trade, although this could be role reverasal, not that Jose would even resemble Geo. Taco Bell

To this day, I still defend that trade. George Bell helped us out in 1992 and most of 1993. Sammy Sosa wasn't going to give Frank the protection in the lineup that Bell was going to give.

wdelaney72
05-07-2004, 11:56 AM

You canot draw any comparison to Sosa and Valentin.

Sosa was a young player, Valentin is nearing the end of his career.

This trade won't happen. Please end the thread now.

IlliniSox
05-07-2004, 12:05 PM

What's the Cub board's address? I'd like to hear where they're getting their scoops. I'd also love their latest leg shaving ideas.

Mickster
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
:threadsucks

depy48
05-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
:threadsucks

this was a long time coming, thank you mickster for pulling the trigger

white sox bill
05-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
To this day, I still defend that trade. George Bell helped us out in 1992 and most of 1993. Sammy Sosa wasn't going to give Frank the protection in the lineup that Bell was going to give.

Brian,
I agree, but too bad we couldn't had better luck in the playoffs..
but as I tell flub fans, I wouldn't want Corky back. We have a stud now and alls Corky would do is sit and stew

nasox
05-07-2004, 03:05 PM
anybody have more info?
THIs isn't gonna happen, nor should it, but I want to know more.

jabrch
05-07-2004, 03:26 PM

and that embarassing Karchner for Garland deal too. Why would KW ever deal with them?

Are you kidding? If the Cubs wanted to give us top pitching talent for Valentin, we'd run to do that deal. KW had nothing to do with the Sosa deal - he was still playing I think. Why would he not be interested in top pitching prospects for Manos when he has Uribe right now?

rmusacch
05-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
and that embarassing Karchner for Garland deal too. Why would KW ever deal with them?

Are you kidding? If the Cubs wanted to give us top pitching talent for Valentin, we'd run to do that deal. KW had nothing to do with the Sosa deal - he was still playing I think. Why would he not be interested in top pitching prospects for Manos when he has Uribe right now?

If we still had Sammy, would our outfield be Lee in left, Magglio in center and Sosa in right?

Randar68
05-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
If we still had Sammy, would our outfield be Lee in left, Magglio in center and Sosa in right?

YIKES!

WORST

OUTFIELD

EVER

MRKARNO
05-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
YIKES!

WORST

OUTFIELD

EVER

Maybe defensively, but their offensive contribution would more than make up for the defensive shortcomings

Randar68
05-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Maybe defensively, but their offensive contribution would more than make up for the defensive shortcomings

I don't know. I think one of the 3 would have to be DH or play 1st (Lee) in order to have a legit CF'er between them. Routine fly-balls would be gappers...

jabrch
05-07-2004, 04:40 PM

Yeah - and a 75mm payroll?

:reinsy
"no sir - not at this juncture"

john2499
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
See and that's an example of the kind of idiots that Boers and Bernstein hate, the listeners who jump to conclusions once they hear something on Boers and Bernstein. Berstein was just role playing and never said a trade was in the works, yet a number of dopes took it as serious. Boers and Bernstein are right when they call a lot of their callers idiots.

Nobody listening to them on Thur. (like myself) could have taken them seriously, if someone did they are very inattentive.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 10:31 PM

There's a herd of gazelles if I ever saw one.