PDA

View Full Version : More BBTN stupidity

NUCatsFan
05-06-2004, 09:40 PM
I know....a bit of an oxymoron. Oh well.

They were talking about the AL batting average leaders (I'm starting to agree that BA is an overrated stat). Anyway, they showed the graphic of the top 5, and mentioned all of them. They said the team for 4 of the 5. Guess which one was left off?

Am I just being a little too sensitive?

SoxFan76
05-06-2004, 09:53 PM
I saw that, and I was a little upset initially. But then think about it. Who else outside of Colorado and Chicago has heard of Juan Uribe? I have faith in him, but he probably won't keep this up. I don't know if he can keep up an AVG above .300.

They then did a nice little segment on Koch. MAN did that guy look good in Oakland. He was so confident. The clock on the highlight showed him pitching at 96 MPH. He's almost there actually. All Koch needs is his confidence back.

NUCatsFan
05-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Do you think Ken Harvey will? Or Lew Ford?

I'm just saying, if he was playing in Boston or New York, there's no way they'd leave the team off.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan
I know....a bit of an oxymoron. Oh well.

They were talking about the AL batting average leaders (I'm starting to agree that BA is an overrated stat). Anyway, they showed the graphic of the top 5, and mentioned all of them. They said the team for 4 of the 5. Guess which one was left off?

Am I just being a little too sensitive?

As for Uribe, the guys at ESPN don't know enough about him to make any kind of analysis...same with most of our players. They wouldn't want to look stupid now would they?

On another note I think you mean redundant, not oxymoron. The latter is when two words don't go together and BBTN and stupidity obviously do. :smile:

Lip Man 1
05-06-2004, 10:43 PM
It's a blatent conspiracy!

Lip

ChiSox14305635
05-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's a blatent conspiracy!

Lip

Why is that green, Lip? :D:

NUCatsFan
05-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
On another note I think you mean redundant, not oxymoron. The latter is when two words don't go together and BBTN and stupidity obviously do. :smile:

That's English. I'm a computer programmer (sorta)....the English language has little meaning to me. Especially in written form.

:)

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan
That's English. I'm a computer programmer (sorta)....the English language has little meaning to me. Especially in written form.

:)

I don't know crap about computers....boy we're a pair.

I smell a sitcom!

SSN721
05-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I don't know crap about computers....boy we're a pair.

I smell a sitcom!

lol :)

DC Sox Fan
05-07-2004, 10:50 AM
The clock on the highlight showed him pitching at 96 MPH. He's almost there actually

He actually hit 96 on Wednesday, according to the O's feed.

Corlose 15
05-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DC Sox Fan
He actually hit 96 on Wednesday, according to the O's feed.

The pitch was just 3 feet outside the strike zone. :smile: