PDA

View Full Version : Crede is a slugger!

kennyv
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I dunno... how many home runs do you think Crede will end up with this year!? He is looking quite good... even better than Frank T!

OurBitchinMinny
05-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Power has been pretty good. And hes been a great fielder. He needs to get his avg. up some to the .270-.300 range.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 06:54 PM
His on base percentage is barely scratching .300 if that, but he's hitting home runs and he got I believe three game winning knocks that either ended it or became the difference.

Now that I think about it, a lot of his home runs are big. He'll end up with 20-25 max, but most of them are gonna count. He's like the third base version of Ron Karkovice. He'd always hit close to 20 homers and they'd all seem to come at the right time. Other than that he couldn't hit a lick. Of course, Crede's a much better hitter, should bat at least .270 and improve on last year when he was close to that, but the two seem to have that clutch thing in common. I'll never forget when he tied a game in the ninth, then ended it with a grand slam in the 10th or 11th in 2002.

He's most likely to range....
.260-.280
20-25 hr
75-85 rbi

A lot of people are hard on him...as Hawk would say--as well they should be....but I'm not taken back by his slow start with batting average. I would imagine his average since two weeks ago has been okay. He's a slow starter...that might never change.

iwannago
05-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by kennyv
I dunno... how many home runs do you think Crede will end up with this year!? He is looking quite good... even better than Frank T!

I like Crede, but I wouldn't go that far.

Iguana775
05-06-2004, 07:23 PM
in the Sosa mold so far. he is striking out way too much for my liking.

MRKARNO
05-06-2004, 07:35 PM
You're kidding yourself if you think Crede can be as valuable offensively to this team as Frank Thomas. Thomas is on base nearly 50% of the time and is hitting pretty well right now. No one is more important to this offense than Frank Thomas.

kennyv
05-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Indeed... Frank is da man, I was more or less refering to the last series with the O's. ;)