PDA

View Full Version : Cops and Sox

chidonez
05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
This isn't much of a discussion thread, but last night coming home from the Cubs game (just until the Sox come home) I saw something rather funny -- to me. In the Addison station, I heard a bunch of drunk fans yelling at a guy in a black hat. When he turned around I realized he was wearing a Sox hat. Better than that, he was an on-duty cop -- he was wearing his gun and badge, anyway. Pretty balsy showing up at Wrigley with a gun and in black and white.

DaveIsHere
05-06-2004, 02:09 PM
that is really awesome, you should have taken a picture.

Dadawg_77
05-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by chidonez
This isn't much of a discussion thread, but last night coming home from the Cubs game (just until the Sox come home) I saw something rather funny -- to me. In the Addison station, I heard a bunch of drunk fans yelling at a guy in a black hat. When he turned around I realized he was wearing a Sox hat. Better than that, he was an on-duty cop -- he was wearing his gun and badge, anyway. Pretty balsy showing up at Wrigley with a gun and in black and white.

Probably a plain clothes cop, not off duty.

alohafri
05-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Cop or not, I find it very hard to believe that scrub fans would taunt Sox fans. It just doesn't happen--doesn't anyone read the news??!!

--Mrs. Aloha

Cellview22
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Scrub fans taunting Sox fans? Nooooo... That's Unprecedented!

:)

DaveIsHere
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Cubs fans don't even acknowledge that the Sox exist, especially after they lose 5 of 6 from them every year

Hangar18
05-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Cubs fans don't even acknowledge that the Sox exist, especially after they lose 5 of 6 from them every year

I was going to save this Comment for my Random Thoughts Thread........ Tuesday Nite. at a fave bar of mine on Lincoln Ave.
4 count them 4 diffferent SOX fans (besides me) were in the place, evidenced by their hats, shirts they were wearing.
One Cub fan was with a sox fan and I laughed at him.
we got into a sox/cubs debate, and I told him HEY, who won Four out of SIX last year? his answer? "WHY DO YOU GUYS ALWAYS GOT TO GO THERE WITH THAT?"
Ummm, because were better? dumb ***

blueeyes33
05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
damn hangar.where do you drink at.i wanna go cause a scene with you too.

lately i dunno if its me but i been seein alot of people wearing sox gear.

i asked one guy if he was a sox fan and he said he likes both teams.

i was just like "oh" and walked away.haha

Dick Allen
05-06-2004, 04:36 PM
I give that cop credit. If it had been me, I might have opened fire.

nasox
05-06-2004, 04:39 PM
God, every thread is turning into a sox/cubs thing. Man o Man

JohnBasedowYoda
05-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by nasox
God, every thread is turning into a sox/cubs thing. Man o Man

Perfect place for me to advertise (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32721)

hsnterprize
05-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22
Scrub fans taunting Sox fans? Nooooo... That's Unprecedented!

:) GASP!!!!!! You're kidding me...you mean to tell me there are Cubs fans who actually CARE about the Sox??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perish the thought...stop the presses...a breaking news story!!!!!!! Where's Richard Roeper when you need him!!!!!! :sopranos

"Is there anything we can do to aleviate the situation?"

TheRockinMT
05-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
I give that cop credit. If it had been me, I might have opened fire.

That Cop sounds like my kind of police officer. I would be proud to have him on my department.

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 06:02 PM
I know one cop that hangs a black "Sox" flag from the rear window of his patrol vehicle every Crosstown Series :)

soxwon
05-06-2004, 07:31 PM
last summer during the sox-cubs series at wiggly, me and my wife left in the 8th-the sox were ahead.
we walked toward irving from clark, as we crossed the street, a chicago cop asked me what the score was(i had my radio) i said sox lead,
he gave me a big thumbs up, he said he loves the sox.
that was cool

chidonez
05-06-2004, 07:44 PM
I should clarify the context of the situation. He was definately on-duty, although I'm not sure why he wasn't wearing a uniform other than the badge. It looked to me like he was there to keep the crowd under control (the drunks). However, I'm sure wearing the Sox hat was a bit more than a display of Southside pride -- I suspect he was rubbing it in.

And one more thing. While I was watching the Cubs, I heard fans behind me berating the people on the Southside. One strong look and they were done -- I'm not a small guy. My point: Cubs fans talk smack as much as anyone else. You can't stop it. I kinda like it, as long as it's just words...anything to stoke a little fire.

Okay, back to baseball talk. Obviously, I wouldn't have been at Wiggley if I was such a partisan.

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by chidonez
I should clarify the context of the situation. He was definately on-duty, although I'm not sure why he wasn't wearing a uniform other than the badge. It looked to me like he was there to keep the crowd under control (the drunks).

They're probably there because a "brother in blue" was jumped there by a few drunken sCrUB fans last season. Of course, that was a little blurb in the news if it made the news at all.