PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who's A Sox Fan?

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet.

Last night on The Best Damn Sports show, Chris Rose asked Jenny McCarthy, (who is a Chicago native) "So which is it, Cubs or Sox?" Jenny replied that she is a south sider so it's Sox!!!! :smile:

Of course, Tom Arnold had to bring up that 1st base coaches get beat up at The Cell. :angry:

Rocky Soprano
05-06-2004, 10:39 AM
She was on Stern last night. Damn she is hot.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 10:41 AM
"Wait, I didnt know the soxs had fans?"

kittle42
05-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

True. Add another to the list of B, C, and D-level celebs who root for our boys!

TommyJohn
05-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

Of course, Tom Arnold had to bring up that 1st base coaches get beat up at The Cell. :angry:

Tom Arnold is a fat loudmouth. Are you going to let a fat, no-talent, unfunny loudmouth bother you?

IlliniSox
05-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
True. Add another to the list of B, C, and D-level celebs who root for our boys!

[color=teal]Don't forget Dennis DYoung from Styx and George Wendt![/color}

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
Tom Arnold is a fat loudmouth. Are you going to let a fat, no-talent, unfunny loudmouth bother you?

No, I guess not! After all if Roseanne could do it, I guess I can too! :smile:

Are you a motivational speaker TommyJohn? And I thought you were just a surgery! :D:

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by kittle42

You mean DOUBLE D'S!!!!

Bobby Thigpen
05-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Arnold's from Iowa. Of course he's probably a Cubs fan. :smile:

TommyJohn
05-06-2004, 11:06 AM
No, I guess not! After all if Roseanne could do it, I guess I can too! :smile:

Are you a motivational speaker TommyJohn? And I thought you were just a surgery! :D:

No, I'm not a motivational speaker. Among my many talents I audit for a hotel and do some stage acting
occasionally. And don't forget, I was a pitcher before I was a
surgery. :D: :D: :D:

Orta 4-6-3
05-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Mandy Patakin (ALIEN NATION, CHICAGO HOPE, and the original Che' in EVITA) is a Sox fan. There was an article on his fandom in one of the Chicago papers during the 2000 playoffs. :gulp:

TDog
05-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Orta 4-6-3
Mandy Patakin (ALIEN NATION, CHICAGO HOPE, and the original Che' in EVITA) is a Sox fan. There was an article on his fandom in one of the Chicago papers during the 2000 playoffs. :gulp:

That was before the Cubs clinched a trip to the World Series in March.

santo=dorf
05-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
"Wait, I didnt know the soxs had fans?" Of course they do. They are all a bunch of crack smoking thugs who live in the Robert Taylor Homes. Didn't you see the cartoon? Maybe I'll post the link in a new thread in the parking lot.

Deadguy
05-06-2004, 11:49 AM

Last night on The Best Damn Sports show, Chris Rose asked Jenny McCarthy, (who is a Chicago native) "So which is it, Cubs or Sox?" Jenny replied that she is a south sider so it's Sox!!!! :smile:

A friend of mine took her to the high school prom years ago, and said she was a total b***** He said she just whined and complained the whole evening, which isn't surprising given her looks.

Her sisters were pretty good athletes though, as some of them played college basketball.

HITMEN OF 77
05-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
A friend of mine took her to the high school prom years ago, and said she was a total b***** He said she just whined and complained the whole evening, which isn't surprising given her looks.

I think I could put up with her since she does look so good. I missed it last night, is she a blond again or still dark brown?

Stoky44
05-06-2004, 11:55 AM

Her sisters were pretty good athletes though, as some of them played college basketball.

I know girls who went to her high school, Mother Mcauley, and saw a old year book pictures of her. (My friends are much younger then her) They said she didn't get her looks until after high school and after surgery.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I think I could put up with her since she does look so good. I missed it last night, is she a blond again or still dark brown?

Blond and looking good. I bet she would look better with some Sox apparel on!

LuvSox
05-06-2004, 11:58 AM
We beat up first base coaches. Yeah, that's funny. Wanna coach first Tom?

Hangar18
05-06-2004, 12:04 PM

Well, this is what happens when the Local Media goes Hog Wild with Negative Attention to the SOX to the point that National Media and "B" level actors/washed-up comedians start to rip on the SOX.
NIce Job Jerry, Ignoring this Problem for 20-something years .....

Jerko
05-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Didn't I see a fan run on the field during Cards/Phillies last night while a play was going on? Anybody in the media talkin about that?

alohafri
05-06-2004, 12:10 PM
I knew I liked Jenny for more than two reasons.

alohafri
05-06-2004, 12:12 PM

A Sox hat and nothing else.

SSN721
05-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
A Sox hat and nothing else. :)

Jerko
05-06-2004, 12:27 PM
I'll coach first base and she could beat me up, anytime.

thecell
05-06-2004, 12:31 PM

I was engaged to her cousin...I'm SO glad that didn't work out...

34 Inch Stick
05-06-2004, 12:39 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of stirrups....thigh high fishnet stirrups.

There is no doubt it is a man's world, and I am grateful for that. However, a hot woman can do just about anything she wants simply because she is hot. The list of untalented, hot women who make big money seems to be endless.

ChiSoxBobette
05-06-2004, 12:41 PM

Somebody should tell Mrs Roseanne that the only time 1st base coaches get beatup at US Cell. is when drunken scrub fans decide to come to our park. AND DAMN SHE IS HOOOOOOT!

Bobby Thigpen
05-06-2004, 12:43 PM
I know this is rather skethcy, but I had a guy tell me once he was at a party that she was at and she ended up being double teamed by a couple of Notre Dame football players.

And I'm not talking about blocking. :o: :o:

IOWA SOXMAN
05-06-2004, 12:52 PM
I fight the same Cubs bias in Iowa as each of you do. But don't believe that all Iowans are Cubs fans. There's a strong core of Sox fans out here. Des Moines use to be the Sox AAA affiliate.

Bobby Thigpen
05-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't. That was more of a poke at the general reference that anyone outside the actual city of Chicago is from Iowa.

I don't particularly enjoy that one myself.

chidonez
05-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

What are her stats again?

kittle42
05-06-2004, 02:17 PM
OK. This thread has gotten ridiculous.

phanreign
05-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Jenny McCarthy. Jenny's stats: Born: November 1, 1972 Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Height: 5 feet 6 1/2 inches Weight: 120 pounds Measurements: 38-24-34

IowaHawksFan1
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
I am from IL (but just 1 mile from the Iowa border) and I have been a Sox's fan all my life. Anyway, I am going to the University of Iowa and maybe it just a bunch of Sox's fans from Chicago, but in a lot of my classes, I'm starting to run into more people who are wearing Sox's stuff and say they are Sox's fans. I am glad to see it as the past couple years all I've seen are Cubs fans here. So at least not everyone from Iowa is a Cubs fan...

thecell
05-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by IowaHawksFan1
I am from IL (but just 1 mile from the Iowa border) and I have been a Sox's fan all my life. Anyway, I am going to the University of Iowa and maybe it just a bunch of Sox's fans from Chicago, but in a lot of my classes, I'm starting to run into more people who are wearing Sox's stuff and say they are Sox's fans. I am glad to see it as the past couple years all I've seen are Cubs fans here. So at least not everyone from Iowa is a Cubs fan...

Welcome aboard! :gulp:

billnahorodny
05-06-2004, 03:24 PM

That's good to hear! During my years in Iowa City, Sox fans were few and far between. It was mostly Flubs and Cardinals country.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by phanreign
Jenny McCarthy. Jenny's stats: Born: November 1, 1972 Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Height: 5 feet 6 1/2 inches Weight: 120 pounds Measurements: 38-24-34

How recent are these stats? She gave birth not too long ago.....not that it matters, because I love her personality!!!! :D:

hsnterprize
05-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Didn't I see a fan run on the field during Cards/Phillies last night while a play was going on? Anybody in the media talkin about that? Don't worry about that...Jenny should've told him at Wrigley, fans reach over the bullpen wall, take caps from visiting players, and start brawls.

Corlose 15
05-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by IowaHawksFan1

GO SOX AND GO HAWKS!!!!!

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 06:12 PM

A good friend of mine is Jenny McCarthy's cousin. I've seen her on more than one occasion at family gatherings of his that I have attended through the years. She's less a "b****" and more annoying if anything.

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I know girls who went to her high school, Mother Mcauley, and saw a old year book pictures of her. (My friends are much younger then her) They said she didn't get her looks until after high school and after surgery.

She was always very pretty. I'm pretty sure the only major plastic surgery she has had has been the two globes on her chest because she was always flat as a board everytime I saw her before PLAYBOY.

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Sorry to ask, but who's Jenny McCarthy??? Did she do something or is she just some sort of wild party girl like Paris Hilton (except her parents aren't the owners of a huge hotel chain)??

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Sorry to ask, but who's Jenny McCarthy??? Did she do something or is she just some sort of wild party girl like Paris Hilton (except her parents aren't the owners of a huge hotel chain)??

A former Playmate of the Year. Hosted the crappy MTV dating show "Singled Out." Had her own short-lived sketch comedy show on MTV after that. Her NBC slated show, "Jenny", a few years back was so bad that NBC never aired one episode of it. She's been in a few movies too. Bit parts mostly.

OurBitchinMinny
05-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Did tom arnold bring up that one was a cub fan and the other two were not even baseball fans? How the hell is arnold on that show? Hes such a bandwagon fan. Cubs, Lakers, yankees are all teams he constantly roots fors. Plus hes a hayseed iowa fan.

greenpeach
05-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Did tom arnold bring up that one was a cub fan and the other two were not even baseball fans? How the hell is arnold on that show? Hes such a bandwagon fan. Cubs, Lakers, yankees are all teams he constantly roots fors. Plus hes a hayseed iowa fan.

Tubby Tom is also a die-hard Red Wings fan. Well, at least he was prior to this past Monday. Now he's probably a Tampa Bay Lightning fan. :D:

gosox41
05-06-2004, 07:23 PM

The Sox should have Jenny McCarthy look alike night. All female fans that try to look like her get in for free. That ought to attract more Yuppie males to the game.

Bob

JohnBasedowYoda
05-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
The Sox should have Jenny McCarthy look alike night. All female fans that try to look like her get in for free. That ought to attract more Yuppie males to the game.

Bob

all females that can recreate the look of her centerfold on my bed will get a free churro

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
all females that can recreate the look of her centerfold on my bed will get a free churro

That'll woo the ladies! I have a feeling tonight you'll be sugaring your own churro.

:)

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Bavarian cream, chocolate or plain?

Frankfan4life
05-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Orta 4-6-3
I think you mean Mandy Patinkin.

ewokpelts
05-07-2004, 11:42 AM

was this BEFORE playboy?
Gene

ewokpelts
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44

She used to work at a polish deli right off Curie High School on Archer. Some of my older friend that went to Curie can vouch for her hotness back in the day.
Gene

ewokpelts
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM

or nekkid ;}

ewokpelts
05-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Well, this is what happens when the Local Media goes Hog Wild with Negative Attention to the SOX to the point that National Media and "B" level actors/washed-up comedians start to rip on the SOX.
NIce Job Jerry, Ignoring this Problem for 20-something years .....

Henry, it made espn that night. It WAS a national story. It's not every day ups/coaches get attacked by drunken "fans". I think you need to re-adjust your tinfoil hat and stop :gulp: cheep hooch.
Gene

ewokpelts
05-07-2004, 11:46 AM

y'know...they make sox panties now.....
Gene

ewokpelts
05-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda

is that a "love" flavored churro?
Gene

daveeym
05-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn

Tom Arnold is funny come on. Yeah a fat loudmouth but he cracks me up.

Orta 4-6-3
05-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life
I think you mean Mandy Patinkin.

Yes, sorry about the typo.

Realist
05-07-2004, 01:48 PM
:threadrules:

vegyrex
05-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Jenny, Jenny, Jenny :supernana:

niucons
05-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by IlliniSox
[color=teal]Don't forget Dennis DYoung from Styx and George Wendt![/color}

George Wendt is a good man, He shows up at Beverly Park from time to time to watch Little League. Small beans, but we've got the Cusack family as well.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by niucons
George Wendt is a good man, He shows up at Beverly Park from time to time to watch Little League. Small beans, but we've got the Cusack family as well.

George Wendt's cousin was my biology teacher at Curie H.S., and yes I am aware that Jenny worked at the polish deli accross the street.

Back in the day,when I was at Curie, Jenny returned to the deli to sign copies of Playboy!

However, the Cusack family are Cubs fans. John was at one sCrUBS game, and WGN wouldn't take the camera off of him. John is also a RED WINGS fan, he claims it's because Chelios is there.

TommyJohn
05-08-2004, 12:05 AM
George Wendt's cousin was my biology teacher at Curie H.S., and yes I am aware that Jenny worked at the polish deli accross the street.

Back in the day,when I was at Curie, Jenny returned to the deli to sign copies of Playboy!

However, the Cusack family are Cubs fans. John was at one sCrUBS game, and WGN wouldn't take the camera off of him. John is also a RED WINGS fan, he claims it's because Chelios is there.

Hey, I graduated from Curie, a bit before your time, though.
(1986.) I think I know the teacher you are talking about.

TornLabrum
05-08-2004, 12:10 AM

At Saturday's doubleheader there was a sign on the scoreboard welcoming John Cusack. Go figure....

nitetrain8601
05-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Jenny's hot. Is the deli place you're talking about Mr. Submarine? Anyway, she's always been hot IMO. She seems like she has a good personality from when I seen her at a video store by 55th and Keeler I believe.

Anyway, doesn't it seem like everyone's friends with cousins of friends of Jenny McCarthy?

Oh yea, a little OT, I heard Tim Hardaway lives in Beverly, any truth to this? I wonder if he's a Sox fan.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Jenny's hot. Is the deli place you're talking about Mr. Submarine?

No, it's not Mr.Submarine, there is a little mom & pop deli that is 2 blocks west of Pulaski on Archer Ave.
Go figure, I would go to lunch there, but I can't remember what it's name is. :?:

vegyrex
05-08-2004, 12:33 PM

If that's true Why would Joan have done a White Sox commercial?

Unregistered
05-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by nitetrain8601
Jenny's hot. Is the deli place you're talking about Mr. Submarine? Anyway, she's always been hot IMO. She seems like she has a good personality from when I seen her at a video store by 55th and Keeler I believe.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by vegyrex

What Sox commercial has she done? If you are referring to the U.S. Cellular commercials, those have nothing to do with the Sox.

Even if they were, money is money, do you think she is going to turn money and a job down because of a team?

nixsox
05-08-2004, 08:17 PM
The deli she used to work at is called the 7 9 11 deli. It's on the north side of Archer, near Pulaski.

MikeW
05-08-2004, 10:58 PM
I read in the Sports Weekly a few years ago that Joan Cusack is indeed a Sox fan. I also recall that Robert Conrad and Lou Rawls cheer for them too. Here is a good one, saw an old episode of the 'Superman' series and Clark Kent asks Jimmie Olsen if he wants to go see the White Sox play. So, at least Superman is on our side.

TommyJohn
05-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by MikeW
I read in the Sports Weekly a few years ago that Joan Cusack is indeed a Sox fan. I also recall that Robert Conrad and Lou Rawls cheer for them too. Here is a good one, saw an old episode of the 'Superman' series and Clark Kent asks Jimmie Olsen if he wants to go see the White Sox play. So, at least Superman is on our side.

You sure he wasn't talking about the Metropolis White Sox?

WhiteSox = Life
05-09-2004, 12:05 AM

Though he may never have been an upper-echelon celebrity, I, for one, am glad the Sox have James T. West on their side.

vegyrex
05-09-2004, 04:33 AM
What Sox commercial has she done? If you are referring to the U.S. Cellular commercials, those have nothing to do with the Sox.

Even if they were, money is money, do you think she is going to turn money and a job down because of a team?

I'm not referring to her US Cellular commercials. She did one Sox commercial, with George Wendt about 6 years ago.

If money talks why don't the Sox get Bill Murray or Richard Marx to do Sox commercials? They are known Cub fans, but if money is money they wouldn't care.

I don't know about you. But if I were a celeb I would never do a Flub commercial. Not for any amount of money.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2004, 12:29 PM
If money talks why don't the Sox get Bill Murray or Richard Marx to do Sox commercials? They are known Cub fans, but if money is money they wouldn't care.

Yes it is well known that Bill Murray is a Cubs fan, he has not tried to hide it at all, so the Sox already know not to ask him. You have to remember that Rob Gallas is gone.

Richard Marx???? is it 1987 again? :(:

I know that if any of us on this site become celebrities, we won't take any money for Cubs commercials. But actors, they are a different breed than you and I. They would sell their children for the right part in a movie. :D:

The deli she used to work at is called the 7 9 11 deli. It's on the north side of Archer, near Pulaski.

Good call nixsox. I kind of remembered seeing numbers, I just didn't remember exactly what they were. They do make some good sandwiches there.

vegyrex
05-09-2004, 05:14 PM

Richard Marx???? is it 1987 again? :(:

Billy "uncle Fester" Corgan would have been a better example. :D:

SoxBoy14
05-09-2004, 08:31 PM
You guys wouldnt belive who else is a sox fan

Eric Heyson

Thats right, the Eric Heyson

Jeremy
05-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
Arnold's from Iowa. Of course he's probably a Cubs fan. :smile:

He is, admittedly.

He wore his Cubs hat a lot last year when they where in the playoffs. Of course like all Cubs fans he probably only started getting diehard at the end of last season.

I wonder if Jenny McCarthy ever goes to see the Sox anymore.

Jeremy
05-09-2004, 08:42 PM
No, it's not Mr.Submarine, there is a little mom & pop deli that is 2 blocks west of Pulaski on Archer Ave.
Go figure, I would go to lunch there, but I can't remember what it's name is. :?:

I know exactly the place but can't recall the name right now...

p.s. that is nowhere near Comiskey like the other poster said.

Hosey22
05-09-2004, 11:17 PM
I caught a bit of the best damn sports show earlier, and they were chattin with Jenny McCarthy who we all know is from Chicago. I did some acting work at the all girls high school she went to so i knew she was a south sider. She explained being a chicago baseball fan as when you're gone, you cheer for Chicago, and go to both team's games and everything. But when you're home, you cheer for the right side of town, and she was a south sider so she said she's a definite white sox fan. I also read an article on Bernie Mac a while ago stating that even though he was at wrigley for the playoffs, he's a south sider and a white sox fan above all else. Just thought I'd share, I know there was a discussion on this a while ago. There are a lot more of them out there than you'd think.

Soxman22

ChiSox14305635
05-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Already a topic on here:

Link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32899)

Hosey22
05-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks, didn't even notice it.

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy
I know exactly the place but can't recall the name right now...

p.s. that is nowhere near Comiskey like the other poster said.
7-9-11 deli

As in 7 days a week, 9am-11pm. There's a signed playboy cover of jenny behind the register.

Gene

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14

Eric Heyson

who?
Gene

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 09:13 AM
joan did sox commercials?
Gene

ewokpelts
05-10-2004, 09:16 AM

Better to have men in blue and red tights than this:

:crossdresser

Gene

VeeckAsInWreck
05-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Last night the E! channel showed the Jenny McCarthy True Hollywood story.

In it Jenny states that she is thankful for her south side upbringing, without it she never would have been the kind of person she is today.

Makes a southsider tear up inside. :whiner:

If Mr. Boyer is smart, he'll get Jenny to do some Sox commercials for next season. Just a thought.

vegyrex
05-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
joan did sox commercials?

Yes, she did. She did it with George Wendt.

I seem to be the only one who remembers it. :smile:

ramblinsoxfan11
03-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Eric Heyson

No way!!! The Legend is a sox fan???

asindc
03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
You might have just broken the Thread-Revival record.

kittle42
03-02-2010, 06:56 PM
You might have just broken the Thread-Revival record.

He's the first person to ever come here and immediately search for "Eric Heyson."