PDA

View Full Version : Thomas - Dugout - Going Nuts

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Did anyone see the close up on Thomas in the dugout during the 9th inning? He was going absolutely nuts. I believe he was yelling "COME ON BILLY!" He was screaming so load and pumping his arms i thought he was going to explode!

I love his spirit. He has been a great leader this year!

GO SOX!

DaveIsHere
05-06-2004, 10:02 AM
I saw that, it was awesome, nice to see him get fired up, not pop up hehe

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
I saw that, it was awesome, nice to see him get fired up, not pop up hehe

Those pop ups are killing me! He is a better hitter then that, but I do love the support he is giving the team. KEEP IT UP BIG FRANK!

ma_deuce
05-06-2004, 10:07 AM
The entire team seems like they are having a great time. They can almost taste the division.

Deuce

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 10:31 AM
I can taste it. Our division is so weak. If we can get a 5th starter we will be ready to roll. I want Felix Diaz up here in 9 days.

Deadguy
05-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Being the DH in road games is probably driving Thomas insane. You won't even see him in the dugout during home games, because he's off in the batting cages, keeping loose.

During road games, you see him hanging around Harold, or just pacing around the dugout. He's got nothing to do in between PAs besides worry about the outcome of the game or overanalyze his approach at the plate. Also, by not keeping loose, his timing is probably a bit off, which is why we see those weak pop ups. It's been this way since 2002. Thomas' road production is significantly different than his production at home.

Randar68
05-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Being the DH in road games is probably driving Thomas insane. You won't even see him in the dugout during home games, because he's off in the batting cages, keeping loose.

During road games, you see him hanging around Harold, or just pacing around the dugout. He's got nothing to do in between PAs besides worry about the outcome of the game or overanalyze his approach at the plate. Also, by not keeping loose, his timing is probably a bit off, which is why we see those weak pop ups. It's been this way since 2002. Thomas' road production is significantly different than his production at home.

Yep, they need to set up a small cage for him in the visitor's locker room or something, LOL!

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Yep, they need to set up a small cage for him in the visitor's locker room or something, LOL!

Hey Big Frank's agent!

I smell an endorsement deal with "Hit-Away"!!!! Get on the phone! :smile:

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Thomas' road production is significantly different than his production at home.

You are right. Before the raod trip Thomas was leading the league in home runs at Home.

bafiarocks03
05-06-2004, 03:19 PM
saw that!! it did look like he was gonna like come after billy! funny!!!

Deadguy
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03
saw that!! it did look like he was gonna like come after billy! funny!!!

They did get into a fight last July, where punches were thrown when Koch started poking fun at Frank. I'm sure there's still some bad blood between the two.

Brian26
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
I saw it too. Great shot of him in the dugout. Looked like he was fired up or pissed...or both.

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I saw it too. Great shot of him in the dugout. Looked like he was fired up or pissed...or both.

I want to see more of this out of Thomas!!

batmanZoSo
05-06-2004, 04:01 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/moron.jpg

"This shallow show of sportmanship is too little too late for the Big Skirt. Where was this attitude the last ten years? When one would glance over to the Sox dugout, Frankie was nowhere to be found. Unless you were looking for a whiny, overpaid DH griping about his contract."

sas1974
05-06-2004, 04:05 PM
I love the intensity that Frank has been showing this year. It's a very pleasant surprise.

As for the pop ups, let's not forget about the "pop up" that hit the right center field wall. The difference between a home run and a pop up for a guy with his power is a fraction of an inch. I think he'll be just fine.

BeerHandle
05-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I love the intensity that Frank has been showing this year. It's a very pleasant surprise.

As for the pop ups, let's not forget about the "pop up" that hit the right center field wall. The difference between a home run and a pop up for a guy with his power is a fraction of an inch. I think he'll be just fine.

I hope he takes some intensity out on the ball in Toronto!!

He needs to start becoming clutch. He has had many chances to bring in runnes with two outs and hasn't done so well!

sas1974
05-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I hope he takes some intensity out on the ball in Toronto!!

He needs to start becoming clutch. He has had many chances to bring in runnes with two outs and hasn't done so well!

Agreed. He should have a few more RBIs than he does, but he'll get it going. I don't have the numbers, but I seem to remember that Frank hits pretty well in Skydome. I also think that if the hammy is up to it, he should get at least a game in at first during this series.

nasox
05-06-2004, 04:38 PM
He was creaming so load and pumping his arms i thought he was going to explode!
GO SOX!

I don't what to say , I'm just rolling in laughter. I read it at first as creaming his load. OHHHH BOY! LOL im falling around in laughter. I thought the mods were gonna go ape**** on your tail. :)

SEALgep
05-06-2004, 09:12 PM
I saw Thomas yell as well, and it looked to me like he was saying where was that pitch. And it did happen just after Koch got hosed on a call.

TaylorStSox
05-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I saw Thomas yell as well, and it looked to me like he was saying where was that pitch. And it did happen just after Koch got hosed on a call.

That's what I saw too.

red faber
05-07-2004, 03:38 AM
Did anyone see the close up on Thomas in the dugout during the 9th inning? He was going absolutely nuts. I believe he was yelling "COME ON BILLY!" He was creaming so load and pumping his arms i thought he was going to explode!

I love his spirit. He has been a great leader this year!

GO SOX!

it's good to see that in him.

BeerHandle
05-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by nasox
I don't what to say , I'm just rolling in laughter. I read it at first as creaming his load. OHHHH BOY! LOL im falling around in laughter. I thought the mods were gonna go ape**** on your tail. :)

HEY NOW! I justed edited my first post. THANKS!