PDA

View Full Version : Article about Borchard in Suntimes


habibharu
05-06-2004, 09:27 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-deluca06.html talks about how KW isnt worried at all about borchard. And compares his struggling in the minors to what ordonez and lee did in the minors.

jackbrohamer
05-06-2004, 09:33 AM
I 'm not too optimistic about Borchard but I think it's pretty dishonest that DeLuca doesn't even mention Borchard's injuries.

MisterB
05-06-2004, 10:15 AM
A nice exercise in rationalization from KW. My only comment about his comparison to Ordonez and Lee: both of them performed up to or exceeded the level of competition as they moved up the minors, whereas Borchard's performance decreased as he moved up, even before injuries started cropping up.

EDIT: Post #1000! :gulp:

TDog
05-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Greg Walker really likes Joe Borchard and points out that he is still learning to play baseball.

Hokiesox
05-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
A nice exercise in rationalization from KW. My only comment about his comparison to Ordonez and Lee: both of them performed up to or exceeded the level of competition as they moved up the minors, whereas Borchard's performance decreased as he moved up, even before injuries started cropping up.

EDIT: Post #1000! :gulp:

Congrats on 1000, I'm right behind you. Look out for mine in a couple weeks.

poorme
05-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by TDog
Greg Walker really likes Joe Borchard and points out that he is still learning to play baseball.

Well, he better learn in a hurry, because we can only keep him in the minors for six years. This is his fifth year I think.

rmusacch
05-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by poorme
Well, he better learn in a hurry, because we can only keep him in the minors for six years. This is his fifth year I think.

I thought that only applied to players not on the 40 man roster?

poorme
05-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I thought that only applied to players not on the 40 man roster?

Yeah, you're right. How many options does he have left?