PDA

View Full Version : Sandy's Hip?

delben91
05-06-2004, 09:23 AM
In reading about the game last night I saw that Sandy left in the first inning with a cramp in his hip. Is this just a minor thing? Or is it the beginning of his next trip to the DL?

Mickster
05-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Could this be the reason they brought up Burke? I was puzzled with that move myself.... :?:

soxtalker
05-06-2004, 10:07 AM
The Sox clearly value Sandy highly. If he is injured or simply can't continue to perform well enough, what flexibility (e.g., ML rules) do they have in being able to use him in a coaching role?

fledgedrallycap
05-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Rooney and Farmer mentioned the colder weather has really been dampering Sandy's lower body.

Hokiesox
05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Rooney and Farmer mentioned the colder weather has really been dampering Sandy's lower body.

Last night's game temp was 74 degrees. It was 68 by the end of the game.

fledgedrallycap
05-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
Last night's game temp was 74 degrees. It was 68 by the end of the game.

I realize that, but tell me the temp's for the last two weeks.

SEALgep
05-06-2004, 11:26 AM
He moved funny after chasing a pitch, and tweeked his hip. He'll be fine, but it isn't related to the Burke promotion. Alomar should be okay by the weekend. I'm glad we did bring up Burke, it makes the situation easier, and Alomar to not chance anything.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
The Sox clearly value Sandy highly. If he is injured or simply can't continue to perform well enough, what flexibility (e.g., ML rules) do they have in being able to use him in a coaching role?

if he was on the DL, he could still be in the dugout. he probably could not be an official coach, but he could still be around the team, and most importantly, Olivo.

:sandy
"SanDLomar"