PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Silva

OurBitchinMinny
05-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Get to know the name. He could be a potential thorne in the sox side. Hes off to a 5-0 start. The twinkies got him from the phils in the milton deal. The twins have lost a lot, but this guy is quickly becoming the ace. He has some nasty movement on his pitches. Ive only seen him pitch once since they are in a TV dispute and are never on. For losing a lot of guys, they sure replenish well. They do have a good front office.

pudge
05-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Get to know the name. He could be a potential thorne in the sox side. Hes off to a 5-0 start. The twinkies got him from the phils in the milton deal. The twins have lost a lot, but this guy is quickly becoming the ace. He has some nasty movement on his pitches. Ive only seen him pitch once since they are in a TV dispute and are never on. For losing a lot of guys, they sure replenish well. They do have a good front office.

Thanks for answering my nagging question as to why I can never get the Twins on Directv... wow, a TV dispute? Could you imagine Sox nation if they were not on TV right now?

SSN721
05-06-2004, 07:18 AM
This guy really scares me. I do agree that he will definitely be a thorn in our side this year.

HomeFish
05-06-2004, 07:35 AM
It seems we might be facing him in our Twins series...can anyone do the math to confirm that?

SoxxoS
05-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Can any of our minor league guys give us a breakdown on this guy? I don't recall being him talked about the top prospects in baseball...

OurBitchinMinny
05-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Can any of our minor league guys give us a breakdown on this guy? I don't recall being him talked about the top prospects in baseball...

Not sure how he was in the minors, but he came out of the phils pen for a couple years. Looks like he has adjusted well to being a starter. hes kind of a pudgy guy in the colon/ponson mold.